Other Coaching Moves

Advertisement
Lol, I used to coach in Texas, that’s how I know so much about their HS football scene.

Yall forget that I be on the recruiting board posting on TX prospects like all the time?
Ahh, nah I of course knew you know your **** about the recruits. I didn’t realize you coached out there though. Texas is such a complex HS FB world so that’s what took me aback. Makes sense.

UNC is expected to be hiring Larry Porter as their next RB’s coach.

He was RB’s coach for Les Miles at OK State, then followed Miles to LSU for 5 years, then was HC of Memphis for 2 years (where he was just awful, went 3-21 in 2 years), got fired from Memphis, then got hired at AZ State on Todd Graham’s staff, then got hired by Mack Brown at Texas, then spent 2 years on Larry Fedora’s staff at UNC & spent the last 3 years at Auburn as TE’s coach.

@BS85 we got our new DB’s coach to replace Jesse Minter who got hired at Vanderbilt as DC.

He’s former Chargers Head Coach Anthony Lynn’s son, he’s from Plano TX, played CB at Penn St, was an intern for the Jets after he had signed with them as UDFA & it didn’t workout for him as a player, he then worked as an assistant CB’s coach in Buffalo when his Dad was the RB’s coach/OC there for a few years, he also went to the LA Chargers with his Dad when he got hired there for a year, but then spent the last 3 years on the Texans staff as an assistant DB’s coach.

We also hired Rob Ryan (Rex’s twin lol) to replace Mike MacDonald who we just lost to Michigan.

Advertisement

@BS85 we got our new DB’s coach to replace Jesse Minter who got hired at Vanderbilt as DC.

He’s former Chargers Head Coach Anthony Lynn’s son, he’s from Plano TX, played CB at Penn St, was an intern for the Jets after he had signed with them as UDFA & it didn’t workout for him as a player, he then worked as an assistant CB’s coach in Buffalo when his Dad was the RB’s coach/OC there for a few years, he also went to the LA Chargers with his Dad when he got hired there for a year, but then spent the last 3 years on the Texans staff as an assistant DB’s coach.

We also hired Rob Ryan (Rex’s twin lol) to replace Mike MacDonald who we just lost to Michigan.

As a big Ravens fan (which you already knew), how do you feel about these 2 hires? Part of me thinks that the Lynn hire was an underwhelming one. I am fan of the Rob hire because he has tons of experience and he likes to use aggressive schemes. Just glad that he's not our DC whatsoever.

Bodie Reeder is very good offensive coach, he played QB at Eastern Illinois for Dino Babers, then started out as a QC Coach at OK State, then was the OC at Eastern Washington where he had them ranked as the #1 offense in FCS football in 2018 & lead them to the FCS National Championship, the became OC at North Texas for a year & then was OC at Utah State last year & is now getting hired by Bryan Harsin at AU as an analyst.

Very smart X’s & O’s guy I’ve mentioned before back in 2019 when we were searching for OC’s, he’s a young riser that will definitely be a P5 play caller by next year.

Advertisement
As a big Ravens fan (which you already knew), how do you feel about these 2 hires? Part of me thinks that the Lynn hire was an underwhelming one. I am fan of the Rob hire because he has tons of experience and he likes to use aggressive schemes. Just glad that he's not our DC whatsoever.
I didn’t have a problem with Anthony Lynn’s son being hired, he’s a smart kid & while he’s a bit green in his experience he’s grown up around the game & spent the last 3 years learning under Romeo Crennel & Anthony Weaver (former Ravens DE who we just hired from Texans as well as our new DL coach & Defensive Run Game coordinator). So he’s had good tutelage under experienced vet teachers who understand the game.

The key is to keep Chris Hewitt, if we keep Hewitt who is essentially our Co-DC as the Pass Game Coordinator & head of the Secondary, then Lynn will be fine under Hewitt’s command.

The Rob Ryan hire was good too, because he’ll just be a LB’s coach replacing Mike MacDonald with no say so in play calling, but he brings a wealth of experience & fits in perfect with our heavy Blitz package style Multiple Defense under Wink Martindale.

Last edited:
Lol, I used to coach in Texas, that’s how I know so much about their HS football scene.

Yall forget that I be on the recruiting board posting on TX prospects like all the time?
570B1E8A-9748-4DF3-AD49-8B7E3DC189A2.gif

Corey Raymond must love this :ROFLMAO:
Believe it or not, Raymond has no desire to become a DC, over the last couple seasons he’s been offered a chance to be a DC at UGA, TAMU & Dave Aranda wanted him at Baylor too, but he turned them all down.

He’s a LSU lifer, he’s from there, played there & has coached there for most of his career through 2 different coaching staffs. His wife makes big money so he’s not really in dire need of a pay raise & he also gets private bonuses from Boosters, so whatever his salary is as a DB’s coach he actually gets more than what’s he listed to make.

He’s the best DB coach, CB developer & CB recruiter in all of college football, he’s at the very top of the hill, so that’s all he really wants to do in his career, the only way he’ll leave LSU is if a new HC decides not to retain him on their staff & no HC who would ever coach at LSU would be stupid enough to do that, so basically he’ll be at LSU for as long as he wants.

I think eventually he’ll go to the NFL, but otherwise he’s staying at LSU & I don’t think he has any interest in becoming a DC any time soon.

Advertisement

UNC is expected to be hiring Larry Porter as their next RB’s coach.

He was RB’s coach for Les Miles at OK State, then followed Miles to LSU for 5 years, then was HC of Memphis for 2 years (where he was just awful, went 3-21 in 2 years), got fired from Memphis, then got hired at AZ State on Todd Graham’s staff, then got hired by Mack Brown at Texas, then spent 2 years on Larry Fedora’s staff at UNC & spent the last 3 years at Auburn as TE’s coach.

Good guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back