Other Coaching Moves

Advertisement
Manny missed on his DC target and settled to keep baker and call plays himself. Are we going down a path of “learn on the job”? With Manny still calling plays? Or install a new defense

Manny missed on his DC target and settled to keep baker and call plays himself. Are we going down a path of “learn on the job”? With Manny still calling plays? Or install a new defense
Maybe he’d be willing to revisit it if Baker leaves. If the rumors of of Steele were true and he’s doesn’t get the UT job, maybe he kicks those tires again.

@BS85 we got our new DB’s coach to replace Jesse Minter who got hired at Vanderbilt as DC.

He’s former Chargers Head Coach Anthony Lynn’s son, he’s from Plano TX, played CB at Penn St, was an intern for the Jets after he had signed with them as UDFA & it didn’t workout for him as a player, he then worked as an assistant CB’s coach in Buffalo when his Dad was the RB’s coach/OC there for a few years, he also went to the LA Chargers with his Dad when he got hired there for a year, but then spent the last 3 years on the Texans staff as an assistant DB’s coach.

We also hired Rob Ryan (Rex’s twin lol) to replace Mike MacDonald who we just lost to Michigan.

Nice, I like the adds. The Ryan brothers are loud but they know their ****. Harbaugh knows how to hire so I'm sure they're both great.

Advertisement

We’re still in it, gentleman!!!

jurassic park wow GIF by Spotify

Advertisement
I’m surprised the Baker rumor doesn’t have its own thread yet. CIS must REALLY be in off-season mode, lol.

Advertisement

Did he? I'm not privy to who he interviewed, but I don't think he had any intention of changing his defense. He believes his defense, called by him, is a solid unit. And he's proven that in 3 years here. We'll see if he can do it again without any good linebackers and Jaquan Johnson.

Did he? I'm not privy to who he interviewed, but I don't think he had any intention of changing his defense. He believes his defense, called by him, is a solid unit. And he's proven that in 3 years here. We'll see if he can do it again without any good linebackers and Jaquan Johnson.
I have no inside info. Just speculation. So you could be right. In the past 20 years, that is exactly how it played out. But Manny might be different

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back