OT: Zion probably not signing with Nike

No way this guy has watched NBA basketball in the last 7 years.
He hasn’t heard of Charles Barkley either I’m guessing. Zions body type & physical attributes have been seen in the league before. He’s just a product of sports evolution. He’s bigger, faster and more explosive for his size. Kid is a one of kind generational talent athletically. But we’ve had guys like sir Charles, Shawn Kemp, Johnson in Charlotte . Difference is Zion is waayyy more skilled then those 2. His main problem is gonna be keeping that Weight down similar to shaq, Shawn Kemp and Johnson. Zion is easily about 270 rn and probably could blow up to 300+ without a proper nutrition plan.

But if you think this cat is gonna be a bust and has “no position” in the nba you don’t know basketball

Advertisement
Honestly, I’m not so sure he really hurt himself. Regardless, f him and Duke...one of the dirtiest programs that gets a free pass

I said this last night to my son. His dad was up and after him into that locker room as soon as he left the court. Wouldn't be surprised if he just said it was shut down for the night. Why take any more chances in that circus... Later the tv crew mentioned he was watching the game with his whole family from the locker room.

Advertisement
No way this guy has watched NBA basketball in the last 7 years.
I probably watch & bet as much NBA as anybody on the board. He can’t shoot & he won’t be able to push people around like he does in college. Josh Smith is the ceiling imo. Which isn’t terrible.

Advertisement
I probably watch & bet as much NBA as anybody on the board. He can’t shoot & he won’t be able to push people around like he does in college. Josh Smith is the ceiling imo. Which isn’t terrible.

Hilarious. You just exposed yourself and proved exactly what I was saying. Josh Smith's last good season was exactly 7 years ago when the NBA was still a slow-paced halfcourt game with oversized positions. He was grossly miscast as a wing player at the 3. Zion won't have that problem playing as a 4/5 in a spaced-out fast break NBA. There will be a transition period but he's an easy All-Star while his athleticism remains at its peak. You're way overthinking this: he's the best prospect in at least a few years.

Nike shoes are made in China for about $1.75 a pair. They’re junk.

When you pay over $100 for a pair of junk plastic Chinese sneakers, you out yourself as a sucker.

It’s pretty amazing, actually, the con job that Nike has been able to pull on so many people.

Anybody who wears Nike is branded by stupidity.

Advertisement
Zion has been wearing Adidas all the time before Duke, he'll be the face of Adidas once he goes pro

Nike shoes are made in China for about $1.75 a pair. They’re junk.

When you pay over $100 for a pair of junk plastic Chinese sneakers, you out yourself as a sucker.

It’s pretty amazing, actually, the con job that Nike has been able to pull on so many people.

Anybody who wears Nike is branded by stupidity.

where did you get that $1.75 figure from?

where did you get that $1.75 figure from?

It’s not actually $1.75, i was exaggerating to make a point.

The real cost, according to Nike’s own people, is about $25 for a pair.

Advertisement
By the way, did you know that Nike doesn’t even make the shoes themselves? Nike doesn’t own a single shoe factory anywhere in the world.

Let that sink in: Nike does not make shoes.

They literally buy garbage shoes from china, put a swoosh on them, and charge 4x as much as they paid.

It’s a con job!

I
Hilarious. You just exposed yourself and proved exactly what I was saying. Josh Smith's last good season was exactly 7 years ago when the NBA was still a slow-paced halfcourt game with oversized positions. He was grossly miscast as a wing player at the 3. Zion won't have that problem playing as a 4/5 in a spaced-out fast break NBA. There will be a transition period but he's an easy All-Star while his athleticism remains at its peak. You're way overthinking this: he's the best prospect in at least a few years.

I exposed myself because I made a comparion? I watch the NBA nearly everyday. He’s gonna play the 5 & guard Embiid & Cousins? lmao He doesn’t shoot it well enough to play the 3 & he can’t guard the 4 or 5. We shall see. I’m not saying he’s going to be a bust but I don’t think he’s going to be a superstar.

Advertisement
Back