OT - Zach Feagles

Advertisement
Is that a joke? Badgely had a very solid career at Miami.

The only joke is the revisionist history about his college career. He wasn't exactly "clutch". Good for him for his NFL success but my remembrance of him here is more akin to alllll the kicks in this NFL game prior to the one he makes (btw, video proved there really wasn't an offsides on the first kick).

If anyone knows where he is....Zach Feagles owes me $2,900....Two Feagles' specialty 11 yard directional punts and my proclivity for throwing box cutters at animate and inanimate objects....took out a 65" 4K TV on the first punt and moments later on Feagles very next shank, a 60" 4K....

I must have been under the spell of Malik Rosier bc I aimed both box cutters at the center of the screens....And you can see how Rosieresque my throws were....One way low and left....the other way high and right....

Moral of the story, unless you have a trust fund the size of Riley Martell's booty: If you have a volcanic temper and the impulse control of a two year-old, box cutters and expensive TVs don't mix....

The only joke is the revisionist history about his college career. He wasn't exactly "clutch". Good for him for his NFL success but my remembrance of him here is more akin to alllll the kicks in this NFL game prior to the one he makes (btw, video proved there really wasn't an offsides on the first kick).

Fact He was an above average kicker. All ACC 1 or 2 years. Didnt miss any fgs between 40-49 yards his whole career. Yeah, it makes sense to mention him in the same sentence as Feagles.

Advertisement
If anyone knows where he is....Zach Feagles owes me $2,900....Two Feagles' specialty 11 yard directional punts and my proclivity for throwing box cutters at animate and inanimate objects....took out a 65" 4K TV on the first punt and moments later on Feagles very next shank, a 60" 4K....

I must have been under the spell of Malik Rosier bc I aimed both box cutters at the center of the screens....And you can see how Rosieresque my throws were....One way low and left....the other way high and right....

Moral of the story, unless you have a trust fund the size of Riley Martell's booty: If you have a volcanic temper and the impulse control of a two year-old, box cutters and expensive TVs don't mix....

View attachment 82743View attachment 82744

Jah feel. Jah definitely feel

Advertisement
Fact He was an above average kicker. All ACC 1 or 2 years. Didnt miss any fgs between 40-49 yards his whole career. Yeah, it makes sense to mention him in the same sentence as Feagles.
Excellent points. Was a Groza award semifinalist and has the most FG in Canes history. Simps think he misses FG vs. Semenholes 3 years ago when it was blocked due to the wet paper bag line. Stop it y'all.

Advertisement

The Feagles comparison was in jest. I'm not going to exert too much effort in relitigating Badgely's Miami career as I (unlike some posters) actually don't get off on bashing former players- even if they occasionally irked me.

My issue with Badgely was never the strength of his leg but his consistency on the shorter FGs that almost should've been gimmes. The fact that the kid never missed from the distance you cited but was still like not in the top 50 in accuracy his senior year says a lot about his reliability (then).

First time I ever heard of the "yips" was when Rick Ankiel went from a solid starting pitcher to a guy who couldn't get within 5 feet of his catcher. Literally lost his accuracy over night and never recovered from it.

Your golf example is perfect though - Charles Barkey has probably spent a $million+ trying to get the yips out of his swing.

The “yips” are real and no one suffered from them worse than Rube Baker, who ironically also had the best and only known cure to deal with them. Barkley never had the yips, he just always really sucked at golf.

Advertisement
First time I ever heard of the "yips" was when Rick Ankiel went from a solid starting pitcher to a guy who couldn't get within 5 feet of his catcher. Literally lost his accuracy over night and never recovered from it.

Your golf example is perfect though - Charles Barkey has probably spent a $million+ trying to get the yips out of his swing.

Chuck Knoblauch was another good example - couldn't make the simple throw from 2nd to 1st.

Mackey Sasser, the catcher for the Mets had it as well.

Yep...and then got the yips...career soon over after that. However he had an excellent and very fruitful baseball career.
He sure did. ROY, a couple rings, good player.

When he was a rookie in FT Myers a friend and I waited for him for a long time to come out and sign autographs. He felt bad and wanted to take us to get pizza, but my friends dad wanted to get home. OH well, but yes his case of the yips, but him to the OF and he was bad there.

Advertisement
Back