OT - Zach Feagles

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did Zach leave Miami or just stop playing football?
The last update I saw was that he was transferring in an attempt to play elsewhere. However, with the silence since then I think it's safe to assume that he's probably not getting any legitimate offers; I mean, there is roughly 2 years of tape on him proving he can't kick at the college level.

As a follow up - I do feel bad for the kid. Son of a Miami/NFL punting legend, expected to come in as a true freshman and replace Vogel who has had a respectable NFL career so far. Also came in right at the tipping point of the "is Miami back" craze. A lot of pressure for a kid who doesn't appear to have the mental fortitude to handle the big stage we were on. Developed a case of the "yips" and was never able to get rid of it.

The last update I saw was that he was transferring in an attempt to play elsewhere. However, with the silence since then I think it's safe to assume that he's probably not getting any legitimate offers; I mean, there is roughly 2 years of tape on him proving he can't kick at the college level.

As a follow up - I do feel bad for the kid. Son of a Miami/NFL punting legend, expected to come in as a true freshman and replace Vogel who has had a respectable NFL career so far. Also came in right at the tipping point of the "is Miami back" craze. A lot of pressure for a kid who doesn't appear to have the mental fortitude to handle the big stage we were on. Developed a case of the "yips" and was never able to get rid of it.

The yips are a real thing, believe me, I know.

Anybody that’s been golfing more than a few times will tell you that.

Advertisement
The yips are a real thing, believe me, I know.

Anybody that’s been golfing more than a few times will tell you that.
First time I ever heard of the "yips" was when Rick Ankiel went from a solid starting pitcher to a guy who couldn't get within 5 feet of his catcher. Literally lost his accuracy over night and never recovered from it.

Your golf example is perfect though - Charles Barkey has probably spent a $million+ trying to get the yips out of his swing.

First time I ever heard of the "yips" was when Rick Ankiel went from a solid starting pitcher to a guy who couldn't get within 5 feet of his catcher. Literally lost his accuracy over night and never recovered from it.

Your golf example is perfect though - Charles Barkey has probably spent a $million+ trying to get the yips out of his swing.
Yips is the reason HOF’er Dale Murphy played the OF, instead of catcher, which he was brought up as. Forgot how to throw down to second.

Advertisement
Advertisement

He sucked in high school

Advertisement
Back