OT: Why true freshmen quarterbacks are taking over college football

Advertisement
Ryan Williams and Jake Heaps lol.

Yeeeaaaahhhh...

And didn't Williams even get hurt? I think it was just Heaps. And possibly Gray Crow or some sht.

And holy sht! Does anyone remember how the story was that al was just playing Kaaya so he'd have an excuse for losing? You can't make this up, no matter what you do as a HC it turns out you're a loser and you don't know what you're doing.

Yeeeaaaahhhh...

And didn't Williams even get hurt? I think it was just Heaps. And possibly Gray Crow or some sht.

Ya williams got healthy ish like 2 weeks before the season i think. I believe he was coming off an acl injury and coaches just decided to ride with kaaya.

Advertisement
If you were a true competitor fighting to be the #1 QB at miami would you be ******* off during the spring and getting suspended. It was reported that it wasn't a single incident that he was suspended for. I think Kosi is more talented than Rosier but if the kid wasn't mentally prepared to take the job he wasn't prepared to be handed the job either. For all we know Nkosi could be some Dwight Howard type goof who has all the potential in the world but none of the mental makeup to be great. NOBODY here has seen enough of Nkosi to be sure of anything. Obviously most would argue they've seen enough of Rosier for a lifetime but that's a different argument.

Do you happen to know what Perry was suspended for? Also, I've seen enough of Rosier to know that he is what he is - a significantly inconsistent QB that will keep teams in a game that shouldn't be in it.

Who was Kaaya competing against who was even as good as Rosier? Not all FR are created equal, and neither is their competition.

Ryan Williams was light years ahead of Bard Kaayak at that point in time.

There are radio interviews with Mongo that confirm this.

Do you happen to know what Perry was suspended for? Also, I've seen enough of Rosier to know that he is what he is - a significantly inconsistent QB that will keep teams in a game that shouldn't be in it.

I dont know...but im sure whatever it was our fans will say we shouldve covered it up.

Believe me dude ive seen enough of rosier too...and i wish perry wouldve stepped up...im just choosing to believe that this isnt a coaching mistake for the sake of my sanity lol. Maybe theyre playing the long game and just know perry isnt the dude and williams will unseat him next year.

Yeeeaaaahhhh...

And holy sht! Does anyone remember how the story was that al was just playing Kaaya so he'd have an excuse for losing? You can't make this up, no matter what you do as a HC it turns out you're a loser and you don't know what you're doing.

So do I take your word for how things went down or Mongo's?

Hmmmmm tough choice.

Advertisement
I dont know...but im sure whatever it was our fans will say we shouldve covered it up.

Believe me dude ive seen enough of rosier too...and i wish perry wouldve stepped up...im just choosing to believe that this isnt a coaching mistake for the sake of my sanity lol. Maybe theyre playing the long game and just know perry isnt the dude and williams will unseat him next year.

We're on the same boat. I'm of the mindset that the staff has mishandled the QB room flagrantly for a while now. It also started with the Pitt game and how Richt stated that he apologized Rosier for pulling him afterwards; I had never heard any coach ever doing that. Ever. To where Richt Jr. only recruited one target this cycle......and didn't even land him. I think I'm more ****ed at the nepotism and the fact that this is what we're trotting out as a QB in year 3 of this system.

Let's just say he did and Perry or whoever put us in worse position then you fans would ***** why the **** he did that, but thankfully your boy noisier and company were able to develop some continuity and counter their punches. I want what's best for our team as well. He's the coach and nosier knows the offense and has experience. Shake his confidence up if the others fail would only doom us more imo. I say be patient. Those guys will get their reps throughout the season and may take over at some point, but 14-0 in the first few minutes of the game is ludicrous, but what do I know because I'm just a painter. Lol
I guess Saban, Dabo, and Kirby are ludicrous then for giving their other qb relevant snaps in the early parts of games, especially against inferior opponents. If you think CMR is going to give the freshmen reps in the meat of the schedule after not allowing them to get game experience now, that's ludicrous

Haha 14-0. No coach in there right mind would put in a second string back up at that score. Especially in the first quarter. Lmao. **** it was a one score game in the 3rd quarter. Sorry sideline coach, but I have to disagree with you
WRONG!

Clemson brought in a true freshman QB while they were only up 7-3 in one of the most hostile environments in the country at Texas A&M. Richt really has no excuse to not play one of the freshman up 14-0 at a mild place like Toledo other than a general lack of ********s.

We're on the same boat. I'm of the mindset that the staff has mishandled the QB room flagrantly for a while now. It also started with the Pitt game and how Richt stated that he apologized Rosier for pulling him afterwards; I had never heard any coach ever doing that. Ever. To where Richt Jr. only recruited one target this cycle......and didn't even land him. I think I'm more ****ed at the nepotism and the fact that this is what we're trotting out as a QB in year 3 of this system.

Only psussy corches do that. Rich doesn't have the hunger anymore. He's just padding his retirement and if he somehow stumbles on to a NC during the process he's cool with that.

I want hungry coaches at the :neonu:. Hungry like an African.

Advertisement
I don't often disagree with you, LCE, but I just don't get it. It seams obvious to me that there is no difference between starting a Freshman, a Rs Freshman, or a Rs Sophomore with no experience. Except the obvious extra practice and camp time learning the system, no experience is no experience. If a guy is good enough and ready to take over the team and start today, why won't he be good enough and ready to take over the team in 2019, with another year in the system?

Maybe that's not exactly the argument you're trying to make, but many have, that we may as well sit Rosier now so someone else will at least be ready to play in 2019. Just doesn't make sense to me. If you're good enough to start today, you'll be good enough to start tomorrow or whenever your turn comes.

It's been my contention since the end of last season that there are many people on this board that share the belief expressed by @TimeB0mb, above: That's it's better to lose a few games this season that Rosier probably would have won, just to get someone experience for next season.

I call bullshlt on that idea, and I don't believe in throw away seasons. You play to win the game, and you play the guys who give you the best chance to win. There's people on this team who are probably in their last year of playing a game they've dedicated their whole lives to this point on. **** throwing it away for next season.
It's apparent that Richt is already treating this as a throwaway season by keeping Malik as the starter after the LSU debacle to ensure he'll have a scholarship QB backing up Jarren next season. I hope the juniors stick around, I think their draft stocks would go up (Ahmmon's in particular). I also hope the top HS QBs aren't paying close attention to the shìtshow we're seeing behind center & starting to wonder if they'd really get to battle for meaningful reps as freshmen like we're seeing with some of the top teams across the country. Why would a top QB sign knowing they'll probably ride the bench no matter how bad the starter is? I think this will be magnified when we really start seeing Jarren throw the ball around & everyone sees what we've had sitting on the bench.

That's the biggest problem with this apparent strategy. In today's game with the new transfer rules, QB transfers will soon be the norm. Look at what it did for Burrow & the exposure that got in Dallas. He'd still be riding the pine at OSU. You can't base your depth chart on fear of kids leaving - or on starting guys you think "have earned it" when their backups are clearly better - without taking away the team's best chance at winning & scaring away the best recruits. Anyone who's content because Malik played a little better against Toledo just doesn't get it. They'd probably also be content squandering our talent base with neverending 10 win seasons, never sniffing another title. I'm not.

It's apparent that Richt is already treating this as a throwaway season by keeping Malik as the starter after the LSU debacle to ensure he'll have a scholarship QB backing up Jarren next season. I hope the juniors stick around, I think their draft stocks would go up (Ahmmon's in particular). I also hope the top HS QBs aren't paying close attention to the shìtshow we're seeing behind center & starting to wonder if they'd really get to battle for meaningful reps as freshmen like we're seeing with some of the top teams across the country. Why would a top QB sign knowing they'll probably ride the bench no matter how bad the starter is? I think this will be magnified when we really start seeing Jarren throw the ball around & everyone sees what we've had sitting on the bench.

That's the biggest problem with this apparent strategy. In today's game with the new transfer rules, QB transfers will soon be the norm. Look at what it did for Burrow & the exposure that got in Dallas. He'd still be riding the pine at OSU. You can't base your depth chart on fear of kids leaving - or on starting guys you think "have earned it" when their backups are clearly better - without taking away the team's best chance at winning & scaring away the best recruits. Anyone who's content because Malik played a little better against Toledo just doesn't get it. They'd probably also be content squandering our talent base with neverending 10 win seasons, never sniffing another title. I'm not.

You get it.

Ryan Williams was light years ahead of Bard Kaayak at that point in time.

There are radio interviews with Mongo that confirm this.

So kinda like how Rosier is better than Perry/Williams at this point in time?

It was bad to play Kaaya then because it was an excuse to lose whereas it's right to play Perry now because it's building for the future.

That about right?

Advertisement
So kinda like how Rosier is better than Perry/Williams at this point in time?

It was bad to play Kaaya then because it was an excuse to lose whereas it's right to play Perry now because it's building for the future.

That about right?

The problem here is where that part is totally untrue. And this is one of the big indicators that Mork Rich is a corch.

Besides future QBs, I'm sure our putrid passing attack isn't helping with the recruitment of somebody like Jadon Haselwood. I'm pretty sure the reason he's even wavering from his UGA commitment is because he's worried about their poor passing attack.

Winning isn't enough anymore. You gotta win in style in a way that's appealing to future recruits.

Advertisement
Back