OT: Who was drafted 1st pick the year you were born?(article)

Randy Duncan. Green Bay Packers.

1524707370990.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Duncan

Advertisement
Im fuqin lmao!!!

hahahahahahaha

Thank you for your honesty! There are a few Emtmans hidin in here!!

Haha it was funny cuz I was sitting there reading and laughing at the part about brock in the OP..then as I was reading it I was just like wait...*google* fuuuck..😂

John Elway 1983. Oh wait.... Thats the year I graduated. Ivan Charles "Tucker" Frederickson. Gotdam I'm old.

Same here...I remember him doing color on Giant Pre-season games as a kid in NY...Never understood why he had a last name as a first name (F Troop was in syndication then and Forrest Tucker was the star).

Advertisement
Some dude name Wade — 1952. Had to take a break from sliding the list about 1963. When did I get this frigging old.

Harry Gilmer, QB from Alabama by the Redskins, 1948. Speaking of old farts, never trust one.

Next one should be highest miami player drafted in birth year.
I only say 5hat, as were one of the few schools who send guys to the league, seemingly every year, no matter how poorly were coached!! God forbid we have a run 9f decent coaches and good recruiting, the you wind up with a '01 looking draft

John Matuzak. '73

Advertisement
The Gatorhater is the man...my man Bradshaw. No way Broke responds its after '91 easy, definitely never stepped foot in the old girl.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Billy Simms -- 1980

It's a shame so many of you are so young here. You missed out on our hey day in the 80's. Man those were the teams.

Advertisement
John Elway 1983. Oh wait.... Thats the year I graduated. Ivan Charles "Tucker" Frederickson. Gotdam I'm old.
You think you're old. Tucker Frederickson was a bit older than I am, I think. He came out of Hollywood or Ft. Lauderdale. We'd fight like **** these days to keep a south Floridian home.

For me, try Bob Fenimore. Now go look it up. I told you I went to my first UM game in the OB in 1955. We beat Alabama that night. (Every game was at night then, starting at 8:15 pm).

UM had an end drafted in the seventh round that year, Tony Yavocsin. Can't quite remember him.

I did hear about the first pro team, the Miami Seahawks, though. They folded a little bit before I was born.

Billy Simms -- 1980

It's a shame so many of you are so young here. You missed out on our hey day in the 80's. Man those were the teams.

I'm old enough to remember the excitement of the real Matador, George Mira, in the early '60's. Our teams were never great, but he was so much fun to watch. And I do remember a bit of some of our powerful teams with Don Bosseler, especially 1956. My favorites were the teams of the late '60's, with Ted Hendricks. Those guys were my age.

Advertisement
Back