OT: Who had the highest Vertical of all time in the NBA?

Its a moronic statement that isn't based on fact. That is why. No NFL player is close to atheltic as Lebron James or Jordan. Then again you are also the guy that thinks NFL players are tough and NFL players are good at fighting. So you clearly are incredibly biased. Next you are going to be telling us about how NFL players are so smart and are better thinkers than lawyers.

Top NBA players could be in the NFL if they dedicated themselves to it. NFL players could not be in the NBA.

What a ridiculously stupid statement.

And I never said football players could fight. The **** are you talking about?

What I said is 100% based on fact.
6'4"-6'6" Guards aren't jumping 38+ inches on the norm, especially not at 250+ pounds.

Watch a mutha****in' NFL/NBA combine, you goof.

Advertisement
What a ridiculously stupid statement.

And I never said football players could fight. The **** are you talking about?

What I said is 100% based on fact.
6'4"-6'6" Guards aren't jumping 38+ inches on the norm, especially not at 250+ pounds.

Watch a mutha****in' NFL/NBA combine, you goof.

We literally argued that point a while back, but I am not getting into that argument with you again.

You were talking about this imaginary 118lb guards.

How many NFL players are 6'6 with a 46 inch vertical like Jordan? Or are 6'9 with a 44 inch vertical like Bron?

Most of the guys at NBA combines never even make a team.

That statement is pure fact. Many NFL players were guys that were just not talented enough to be in the NBA like JImmy Graham and Julius Peppers. There are no NFL players saying "I guess I am just not cut out to be an NFL player I am going to go make more money in the NBA instead".

You aren't finding guards at that weight because in basketball you need aerobic cardio and weighting 250lbs is useless. Look at every NFL player that try to transition to an aerobic sport like boxing and mma. They immediately drop a ton of weight.

You’re crazy AF youngin.
You’re lucky he has 3. It took him snitching on Draymond and getting him suspended. Your kang is soft and you know it.
He wouldn’t have been as good when they had real PFs and centers playing football in the paint.

Big *** was punked by the Mavs guards in a Finals too. LMAO

CllRe7KWEAAihOU.jpg

Huh? I know people hate Lebron, but ****.

He ain’t the GOAt, but he is **** sure basketball royalty and would dominate in any era.

He lost a lot of Finals, but that’s because he carried a bunch of garbage teams. Yeah he ain’t as competitive as Michael or Kobe, but who is? Those guys were psychopaths on the floor.

That’s like saying Michael Jordan wouldn’t dominate today. Nonsense.

People are enamored with the three, but forget that the free throw is the most valuable shot and it’s not close. Jordan would lead the league in attempts and dominate the mid range and attack the rim.

He would be a shorter, more competitive Giannis. He would have to be surrounded by more shooters than he had in Chicago, though.

Advertisement
Harold Miner was an incredibly explosive leaper and dunker. Go back and watch his winning performance his rookie year (1993) at the NBA All-Star Game Dunk Contest. His head was right at the rim on his dunks, and he was only 6’ 5”. Dude had major hops. Not the most creative dunker ever, but lots of power and style in his dunks.

Spud Webb was shorter than Peter Ariz tho

Beat me to it

Former American professional basketball player Anthony "Spud" Webb has an official vertical leap of 42 inches, though it has been estimated that his vertical leap has reached as high as 50 inches. Webb is one of the shortest players in NBA history at 5 feet, 7 inches.

1580567562260.gif

Advertisement
Beat me to it

Former American professional basketball player Anthony "Spud" Webb has an official vertical leap of 42 inches, though it has been estimated that his vertical leap has reached as high as 50 inches. Webb is one of the shortest players in NBA history at 5 feet, 7 inches.

View attachment 110516
But what was Ariz' vertical? Key question.

My interest is in shortest real jump in history. See if anybody is worse than me. Of course, I never made it to NBA, so I can't hold real record.

Gus Johnson from the University of Idaho and played in the NBA had a 52" vertical and snatched quarters off the top of the backboard.

We literally argued that point a while back, but I am not getting into that argument with you again.

You were talking about this imaginary 118lb guards.

How many NFL players are 6'6 with a 46 inch vertical like Jordan? Or are 6'9 with a 44 inch vertical like Bron?

Most of the guys at NBA combines never even make a team.

That statement is pure fact. Many NFL players were guys that were just not talented enough to be in the NBA like JImmy Graham and Julius Peppers. There are no NFL players saying "I guess I am just not cut out to be an NFL player I am going to go make more money in the NBA instead".

You aren't finding guards at that weight because in basketball you need aerobic cardio and weighting 250lbs is useless. Look at every NFL player that try to transition to an aerobic sport like boxing and mma. They immediately drop a ton of weight.

Show me these verified vertical numbers.

Show me Jordan or LeBron hitting a STANDING 40+ vertical.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Heck, going back to high school, some of the best basketball players would try to come out and join the football team. They only lasted a year at the most. Only position they could really play is WR. They would look so clumsy running routes, had brick hands, and getting physical or taking hits were out of the question.

Heck, going back to high school, some of the best basketball players would try to come out and join the football team. They only lasted a year at the most. Only position they could really play is WR. They would look so clumsy running routes, had brick hands, and getting physical or taking hits were out of the question.

Exactly!
Tons of basketball players try football at an early age, never to be heard from again. Too physical and too grueling. They're not built for that type of grind.

This MF'er gonna come back in here and try to debate me on this though, like I didn't play BOTH sports my whole life. Basketball, from a toughness and training standpoint, was a fvckin' cake walk.

Advertisement
Back