OT: Who had the highest Vertical of all time in the NBA?

Huh? I know people hate Lebron, but ****.

He ain’t the GOAt, but he is **** sure basketball royalty and would dominate in any era.

He lost a lot of Finals, but that’s because he carried a bunch of garbage teams. Yeah he ain’t as competitive as Michael or Kobe, but who is? Those guys were psychopaths on the floor.

That’s like saying Michael Jordan wouldn’t dominate today. Nonsense.

People are enamored with the three, but forget that the free throw is the most valuable shot and it’s not close. Jordan would lead the league in attempts and dominate the mid range and attack the rim.

He would be a shorter, more competitive Giannis. He would have to be surrounded by more shooters than he had in Chicago, though.
Fans who have no idea what they're talking about are like @KrazyCane & @OriginalGatorHater

The media personalities that appear on the major established t.v. networks & former players alike realize; Especially the former "Professionals" that those who are/were never talented enough to ever considered to play for a major division-one, even March Madness team.. The bench warmers all through these kids high school sporting careers, always piggy back off of them.. Both former pros & well known media members [Mixed bag though with them], they know how to get paid well from extending what used to be the majority of "Water cooler talk."

Michael Jordan during the early 1990's; After he hit a three point shot I believe at the end of regulation to beat the Cavaliers stated how, he only really started to practice on his jump shot and/or three point shot around that time frame.. From the 1987, through the 1990 seasons. He averaged at least - Thirty Three, points per game during the entire regular season, & the 1987-1991 seasons he played in every game. Including his rookie year, 1989 he only missed one start [81 starts], and only missed games in 1986 because of a foot injury.

Besides the hand-checking being allowed - as it made it difficult for players to get what every players says [Year, 2020] to get to their sweet spot; Most players have a certain area on both sides of the court that they try to shoot from more so then other spots, especially in the closing minutes of a game. Its the same line of thinking on how their are NBA players that shoot air-balls when they just had a nice crossover.. One, when the defender falls down I would like to think most don't expect a peer in the NBA to lose their footing completely. & Being a fan of the Knicks when Larry Johnson was on the team, his favorite spot to shoot a three pointer was on the corner; But there are others where not having a backboard to gauge the shot / it throws certain players off.

LeBron James fans like to compare to Jordan for no other reason of; He states Michael Jordan was his reasoning for his jersey number through high school & after the draft, and most just look at how their two of the most athletically gifted to ever play basketball.. Everyone who actually has any real logic with their sport will say that a better comparison for LeBron James is Magic Johnson, with how they play the game themselves.

Advertisement
Charlie Ward, Nate Robinson, Matt Barnes, Big Baby Davis, Darrell Armstrong.

With the exception of Armstrong, the rest of those guys played HS football...while guys like Graham & Swoope made it to The League with practically no football experience.

And IIRC, wasn't Davis a 5* recruit as a DT?...or was that another Davis...

With the exception of Armstrong, the rest of those guys played HS football...while guys like Graham & Swoope made it to The League with practically no football experience.

And IIRC, wasn't Davis a 5* recruit as a DT?...or was that another Davis...
I'm not sure what them playing hs football has to do with them switching to basketball.

Idk if Big Baby was a 5* but he reportedly had an offer from us.

Yea you can name Jimmy G and Swoope but that's low hanging fruit. There are a ton of guys who try to make that same switch. You just don't hear of them because they fail. Names like Jai Lewis, and Ed Nelson (St Thomas).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't know if its kids arguing just for the sake of it, but, **** there are to many - water boy so called front running fans.. There's a reason Calvin Johnson was called megatron given his "Height / weight / athleticism, for the sport of football."

One game a defensive back for the browns went low on Rob Gronkowski instead of trying to wrap him up or tackle up high in the chest / and tore his acl; Will Allen of osu did the same during the fiesta bowl.

Willis McGahee was in serious consideration to be picked first overall given his raw talent and the way the running back was the vocal point of the nfl offenses. His team was close enough to help gang tackle, but the punk literally torpedoed at his right knee - bending it the opposite direction.. Besides the fact he ruined his playing ability & the fact the entire team was clearly in the very least drunk; Clinton Portis after he retired in a t.v. interview or for a magazine said how - He started the tradition of taking shots of Henny in college and with his Miami teammates with the Skins; Both before the game and at halftime, stating how he would literally both at both levels of football drunk.. McGahee backed up by electronic devices like at the combine at = 235 pounds about, 4.28, 40 yard dash times before the fiesta game.

Exactly!
Tons of basketball players try football at an early age, never to be heard from again. Too physical and too grueling. They're not built for that type of grind.

This MF'er gonna come back in here and try to debate me on this though, like I didn't play BOTH sports my whole life. Basketball, from a toughness and training standpoint, was a fvckin' cake walk.

You are talking about Florida kids. They suck at basketball. This is like some kid from connecticut talking about how great Badminton players are because that is what the best kids at his school played.

Neither football or basketball are tough. They are both pussies compared to real tough athletes like boxers. That is a fact. Ya football players are tougher than tennis players, but they aren't tough at all.

Advertisement
Charlie Ward, Nate Robinson, Matt Barnes, Big Baby Davis, Darrell Armstrong.

Ward was a heisman winner and easily could have played in the NFL. The rest of them picked basketball because it is the more lucrative career path. Not because they weren't athletic enough. If they can hang in the NBA they can play in the less talented NFL

Johnny Manziel, Troy Smith, Jason White, Eric Crouch, and Chris Weinke also won heismans.

How do you know why those guys picked basketball. You saying all this like you know personally. Darrell Armstrong wasn’t making more floating around overseas before he broke into the nba then he could have made in the nfl.

Less talented NFL? You keep saying this like it’s scientifically proving. What are you bashing this off of? Because the nba has a “larger talent pool”?

I’m not even trying to argue which sports is harder to play. It’s a ridiculous discussion cause all professional sports takes years of dedication to break through and succeed. How many guys in the nba can run a 4.4, bench over 350, can flip their hips or run routes fluidly, or have the physicality and toughness to take on 300+ lbs blockers everyday. And vice versa, how many football players can crossover or post up with the right fundamentals and footwork, hit jump shots consistently, or play good D without fouling? If it’s so easy to come from bball to fball, why isn’t their more besides Jimmy G, Gates, Gonzalez, Swoope, and Pollard?

If you say it’s harder to get into the nba because it’s less spots then I can agree. Both to make it about talent is wrong. Both takes different elite skillsets

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back