OT: Who had the highest Vertical of all time in the NBA?

Spud Webb is 5' 7" and dunked all over mofos. The OP said best vert...... Can you do math.

Not best dunks. Best vert. You may be too young to even know though cause it's not even a discussion.
Look Azzwipe...I have kids older than you...only a F-ing idiot (such as yourself) would honestly think Webb had a better Vert than Skywalker...Go run along...

Advertisement
He never played in the NBA
Elgin Baylor was a freak athlete as well.

It's why I hate these kids who swear that there weren't athletes of Lebron or Westbrooks caliber back in the day.

The great ones, to paraphrase Deion in his comments about the football HOF (he thinks it's too easy to get in) would dominate in ANY era.

Think I had one of his basketball cards at one point; you know the cards you get when you buy a pack and it comes with a stick of gum.

Nate Thurmond is another name that comes to mind.

Advertisement
This is a true funny story. Rarely could you make it past the red coats at the Boston Garden to get on the floor with the players and we got there all the time when the doors opened. One day for some reason they weren't there on my side of the court so I just walked down. I was standing about 10ft left of center court about 3 feet into the court. I was watching all the players warm up but Parish. It was at a Lakers game, I mean "the Lakers game". So I was doing my best to watch both teams warm up.

Parrish must have been last out of the locker room he stopped right beside me and looked down. The only thing I could say was Hi, I was so frigon mind boggled that I was standing next to one of the greatest players of that time. He said hey in the deepest voice I've ever heard, about 20 seconds or so later he gave me a nod and walked out on the court. The only **** thing I had was Hi. LMAO

It took Years later for me to realize I was on the court with probably 8 hall of fame basketball players. Jabbar, Magic, MacAdoo Worthy, Parish, McHale, Bird and the late great Dennis Johnson. Max should be there too, I don't know if any of the others made it but probably 3-4 more could have and should be in. I can't remember what I ate yesterday but I can place every one of them practicing that day. That was one great memory. This was my funny story OGH if you're out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I once heard that Antonio McDyess had a 50" vertical before his knees betrayed him. Don't know how true it was, but going by how he used to hump on cats when he was healthy, it was definitely over 40"...

That's the problem with high verticals, the amount of force being put on the knees coming back down on impact is incredible.....and wears them out.

Zion is a freak athlete but that is a lot of weight on those joints. In the NBA, he's going to need to learn how to preserve his body over long seasons.

Advertisement
This is a true funny story. Rarely could you make it past the red coats at the Boston Garden to get on the floor with the player and we got there all the time when the doors opened. One day for some reason they weren't there on my side of the court so I just walked down. I was standing about 10ft left of center court about 3 feet into the court. I was watching all the players warm up but Parish. It was at a Lakers game, I mean "the Lakers game". So I was doing my best to watch both teams warm up.

Parrish must have been last out of the locker room he stopped right beside me and looked down. The only thing I could say was Hi, I was so frigon mind boggled that I was standing next to one of the greatest players of that time. He said hey in the deepest voice I've ever heard, about 20 seconds or so later he gave me a nod and walked out on the court. The only **** thing I had was Hi. LMAO

It took Years later for me to realize I was on the court with probably 8 hall of fame basketball players. Jabbar, Magic, MacAdoo Worthy, Parish, McHale, Bird and the late great Dennis Johnson. Max should be there too, I don't know if any of the others made it but probably 3-4 more could have and should be in. I can't remember what I ate yesterday but I can place every one of them practicing that day. That was one great memory. This was my funny story OGH if you're out there.
Parrish College story and NCAA battle needs to be told more.

If you hate the NCAA already, you should read about how they did Parrish and his school.

The myth of Wilt is closer to reality than most myths.

Have read too many stories about him grabbing the top of the backboard to dismiss it.

Probably the greatest athlete ever. He was strong as Hercules too. I watch his interviews from the 70’s. Dude had some guns.

He would be a 30 pt 15 reb guy today. Maybe 35 -20. Dude was truly amazing.
Wilt holds 72 NBA records, 68 by himself. Among his records are several that are considered unbreakable, such as averaging 22.9 rebounds for a career or 50.4 points per game in a season, scoring 100 points or 55 rebounds in a single game, scoring 65 or more points 15 times, 50 or more points 118 times.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Parrish College story and NCAA battle needs to be told more.

If you hate the NCAA already, you should read about how they did Parrish and his school.
I'll never heard of his college days, he came to the Celtics well into his NBA days. Not one doubt the NCAA can be ball busters.

Advertisement
Back