OT: Who had the highest Vertical of all time in the NBA?

Advertisement
Shawn Kemp was pretty scary in his day...
source-1.gif

And probably average 10 assists, I don't think people realize how skilled He was at that size:

Elgin Baylor was a freak athlete as well.

It's why I hate these kids who swear that there weren't athletes of Lebron or Westbrooks caliber back in the day.

The great ones, to paraphrase Deion in his comments about the football HOF (he thinks it's too easy to get in) would dominate in ANY era.

David Thompson was quite simply a physical beast with his some 44-inch vertical. In fact, I was reading an article about him and noticed that if you put a quarter on the top of a back board, he could snag it. If that’s not hops, what is?

Not true but this is....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200129-204749.png
    Screenshot_20200129-204749.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
Advertisement
My all time sports what if is what would happen if Wilt and Bill Russell got to play in the the 90s against Shaq, Hakeem, David Robinson, Zo, Ewing, and all the other great centers of that era.

Boggles the mind.
Agree that would be a sight to see. I saw Ewing a couple times in HS, he played for CRL in Boston he was in our league. I was a senior he was a freshmen but I saw him when he came to Brockton It was a huge game. My friend O Rucker played center against him in my senior year. Rucker went to Northeastern I believe he was also a leaper, broke all of their rebounding records. When Ewing was a junior or so they had the best HS team I've ever seen. Not the best ever, just the best I've ever seen. That team was loaded with talent.

Advertisement
David Thompson was quite simply a physical beast with his some 44-inch vertical. In fact, I was reading an article about him and noticed that if you put a quarter on the top of a back board, he could snag it. If that’s not hops, what is?

Looking at his highlights. Never got to see him play. Dude is super nice.

He was D Wade before D Wade. Good heads up on the basketball history.

Advertisement
Before you look take a guess. Everyone has their own GOAT so this isn't about who's GOAT is better. But Wow, this guy has to be mine. Just an amazing athlete... I never knew this.

I love hoop. The biggest leaper? I've ever seen? Dominique. It's not even close. Dude lived above the rim. He changed the game.

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Looking at his highlights. Never got to see him play. Dude is super nice.

He was D Wade before D Wade. Good heads up on the basketball history.

Check out 3:00...he almost killed himself jumping over his teammate to block a shot.

Uh...Yes it is true...Lol at Webb with better Hops than Skywalker....Not close...

Spud Webb is 5' 7" and dunked all over mofos. The OP said best vert...... Can you do math.

Not best dunks. Best vert. You may be too young to even know though cause it's not even a discussion.

Advertisement
Back