OT: Who had the highest Vertical of all time in the NBA?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some Canadian has the record, 60 plus.

Earl Manigault and Jackie Jackson (Harlem Globetrotters) both could supposedly pick quarters off the top of the backboard.

Advertisement
Do you all remember Lamont Woodberry, he was a receiver at Mississippi State in the early-mid 90’s? His little brother was in my class and he was able to get a quarter off the top of the backboard. I don’t know his vert, but that was impressive

Advertisement
No way in **** wilt even had a 40 inch vertical

The myth of Wilt is closer to reality than most myths.

Have read too many stories about him grabbing the top of the backboard to dismiss it.

Probably the greatest athlete ever. He was strong as Hercules too. I watch his interviews from the 70’s. Dude had some guns.

He would be a 30 pt 15 reb guy today. Maybe 35 -20. Dude was truly amazing.

Wilt reportedly had a vertical between 48 and 54". How the heck a big dude could jump like him is just unreal. Somewhere there's a video of him blocking a shot that looks like it's above the backboard.
I've seen that one a while back. Might be the most amazing athlete ever in my eyes.

Advertisement
his standing reach was 9 feet+. You can be a freak without having a 40 inch vert. The suggestion that his vertical jump was between 48-54 feet, whether that be standing (lol) or running, is wild.

Yeah 54 in is some alien ****, but I could see 42-44 in his prime. That puts him at the top of the backboard with his length.

Advertisement
Back