OT: Who had the highest Vertical of all time in the NBA?

Advertisement
He never played in the NBA but he was one of the best high school basketball players to come out of New York City (Queens !!), had an awesome vertical leap, and starred at Syracuse back in the day. Rumor has it they would put coins on top of the backboard and “Red” would jump and snatch them.

And his name is ..........????........

TONY RED BRUiN !!!

I once heard that Antonio McDyess had a 50" vertical before his knees betrayed him. Don't know how true it was, but going by how he used to hump on cats when he was healthy, it was definitely over 40"...
The original Zion. That man was explosive. Knees just couldn't hold up (what I fear with Zion).

Surprised Dominique wasn't up there.

The myth of Wilt is closer to reality than most myths.

Have read too many stories about him grabbing the top of the backboard to dismiss it.

Probably the greatest athlete ever. He was strong as Hercules too. I watch his interviews from the 70’s. Dude had some guns.

He would be a 30 pt 15 reb guy today. Maybe 35 -20. Dude was truly amazing.
Yup even Arnold said he was one of the strongest men he's ever seen.

My Favorite in Game Dunker EVER
A0B1EC3C-C2B5-4089-9016-D93DD3E13FB3.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure I missed one game he played in Boston Garden from 1980 to 87. It was always the second hardest ticket to get. Dr J was frigon amazing, he did something almost every game where your say holy ****. Very under rated by the younger crowd. Loved him!
Before I moved to Fl in 74...I saw him play with the ABA Nets a bunch of times...His battles with George Gervin were insane...

My all time sports what if is what would happen if Wilt and Bill Russell got to play in the the 90s against Shaq, Hakeem, David Robinson, Zo, Ewing, and all the other great centers of that era.

Boggles the mind.
Hakeem, David Robinson, and Orlando era Shaq also were explosive players. We kinda dont really think of those 7 footers as athletes, but those 3 were specimens.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Spud Webb best vert ever..... Done. Not even a question about it.

Best dunks ever and the list goes on and on

David Thompson's vertical wasn't Fair...

David Thompson was quite simply a physical beast with his some 44-inch vertical. In fact, I was reading an article about him and noticed that if you put a quarter on the top of a back board, he could snag it. If that’s not hops, what is?

Advertisement
Back