OT: Who had the highest Vertical of all time in the NBA?

He easily had a 40". Dude could dunk from the free throw line by starting at the top of the **** key. People these days have no clue how freakish he was.

his standing reach was 9 feet+. You can be a freak without having a 40 inch vert. The suggestion that his vertical jump was between 48-54 feet, whether that be standing (lol) or running, is wild.

Advertisement
Spud had to have had a 40+" vert but just because he was 5'7" and could dunk doesn't been he had the highest vert ever. I'm an above average athlete. At 5'9" I used to be able to stand flat footed under the rim, jump straight up with no momentum and grab the rim with both hands pretty easily...in my prime. I have longish arms so my vert was probably around 36" which is average. I know dudes that could out jump me at 14 years old. Elite hops is like voodoo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
deandre-jordan-posterizes-brandon-knight.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Spud had to have had a 40+" vert but just because he was 5'7" and could dunk doesn't been he had the highest vert ever. I'm an above average athlete. At 5'9" I used to be able to stand flat footed under the rim, jump straight up with no momentum and grab the rim with both hands pretty easily...in my prime. I have longish arms so my vert was probably around 36" which is average. I know dudes that could out jump me at 14 years old. Elite hops is like voodoo.

I see your point. Your accomplishments are close to making the nba and winning dunk contests.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back