OT: WHERE ARE THEY NOW - Sam Bruce

Advertisement
I am not sure why hopes were ever so high for him. He had marginal averages at best. High school receivers shouldn't be averaging like 7 yards per catch or whatever he was.

He has long been over rated due to his social status with the other kids down there. Not a surprise whatsoever that he has become pedestrian at a mid major level.
His receiving numbers were much better his junior year at university school. When he transferred to STA they ran a more run oriented offense and their QB (who the gators signed) was garbage. He was a consensus 4 star player who had offers from pretty much every p5 program so it's not like he was some no name kid Miami was throwing a scholarship at.

His receiving numbers were much better his junior year at university school. When he transferred to STA they ran a more run oriented offense and their QB (who the gators signed) was garbage. He was a consensus 4 star player who had offers from pretty much every p5 program so it's not like he was some no name kid Miami was throwing a scholarship at.
Ya, it must be tough playing with so many college bound players that you don't get double teamed.

Same level of competition between U School and STA?

Also never implied he was a no name. I know he was an all American. His mediocrity was incredibly easy to predict. That is the point.

Advertisement
Ya’ll remember Deion Jackson? His recruitment was strange. Anybody know where he ended up?

"Just chillin?" Sad!

****, this dude is becoming the Marco Polo of football - University School > STA> West Lake Academy > UM > Miss GC > SE La

Not Southeast La...hes at a Niaa school in Lakeland...Southeastern. Its equivalent to a mid level broward county football district

Advertisement
My boy, who’s a coach at Southeastern University just informed me that Sam Bruce is on their roster and is not really doing much. So far in 4 games... 6 rec and 58 yds. I really thought he was going to bring a Santana Moss/Percy Harvin impact to Miami or some college program. Smh. #DamnShameWhatHappenedToThatDog

@Kayone my boy coaches there as well

Ya’ll remember Deion Jackson? His recruitment was strange. Anybody know where he ended up?

Was the most strange ever...he committed and literally disappeared. No one knew where he went then he randomly popped upa t a school in Jacksonville not sure if he even played his sr season

Jovani Haskins is in the 2 deep at WVU. Likely would have been the starter here if he did not transfer. May have been beaten out by the Youngsters, but would have been the starter at LSU. Allison in limited mop up duty, 1-4 with a pick. -16.7 passer rating.

Jovani Haskins is in the 2 deep at WVU. Likely would have been the starter here if he did not transfer. May have been beaten out by the Youngsters, but would have been the starter at LSU. Allison in limited mop up duty, 1-4 with a pick. -16.7 passer rating.

Washington start at Te for Rutgers as well. Haskins had just as much athleticism or more than our 2 te's

Advertisement
Not Southeast La...hes at a Niaa school in Lakeland...Southeastern. Its equivalent to a mid level broward county football district

I live in Lakeland. Southeastern is a bible college. It just now got NAIA status maybe 3 yrs ago when they first got a football team. They used to be in some christian college league. Funny they snagged Sam.

And to give you an idea of their talent level...

One of my good friend's son was offered a full ride to Southeastern to play WR. The kicker is he had never played football before...was a soccer player at Lakeland Christian High School. Known for its soccer team. Weird.

Advertisement
lying about a broken leg and rehab or w.e. it was didn't help. he seemed to mature after everything (the arrest too). even his mom thought UM handled it properly. i hope he succeeds in life as he doesn't seem like a bad kid.

I don't think so. He's transferred to like 4 schools and has 6 catches this season. He's playing HS caliber competition and has 6 catches which tells me he's not trying very hard. As somebody else mentioned, we weren't the only ones who wanted him. If he was good enough to play for us he's good enough to rip up whoever he's playing against. But he hasn't matured, isn't doing the work, and won't amount to anything in football at this point. He's about 2 steps past his last chance if he wanted a pro career. I seriously hope he gets an education out of this, but I doubt he will.

Advertisement
Back