OT: What's your favorite city in Florida other than Miami?

Advertisement
Stuart, built a nice house there right across the street was a park on the ocean. Nicest beaches Destin area and it isn't close.

Advertisement
From Ft. lauderdale Lived in Ft. Walton Beach/Destin beaches are unreal.

Parents live in Punta Gorda which isn’t terrible.

jville in the southern and eastern parts is heaven to me

upscale without being TOO upscale

can't believe people are saying st. augustine, I guess most on here are older tho and married so I suppose I can see it

I worked there on the beach for the longest, place is beyond boring and there's a grand total of like 30-40 decent/hot chicks in the entire town. Those aren't even my words but after he said it, it kinda dawned on me that.... yeh if it wasn't for tourist this place would suck monkey ****

Advertisement
6-8 years left till retiring , getting out of Dodge (Miami) will cash out and get the heck out of here will be looking at Ocala / Tampa area up that a way in the coming years.

GOCANES

Grew up in Ft Myers....and although I hold a special place in my heart for Destin Fl circa (88-99)...I gotta go with Captiva Island....Lived there from 81-83...and grew up 20miles away....Unbelievably beautiful back then...

Fort Walton be

Fort Walton beach is the most beautiful usable beach in the country, IMO There is a black beach in Northern CA that is my other favorite but the water is freezing.

What the **** is a "black beach" ?

Advertisement
Flagler Beach is Florida best kept secret. It’s unobstructed views of the ocean, underdevelopment, and small town feel make this a hidden gem. The community was incredible working together after the storms. It’s located right in between Daytona Beach and St.Augustine. Check it out!

Attachments

• F12263F1-C913-4320-A434-C43F041A41A7.jpeg
    F12263F1-C913-4320-A434-C43F041A41A7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Destin Beaches used to be alot nicer...
One of my closest friends (Major FSU fan) has a beautiful home in Grayton Bch just west of SanDestin....South Walton beaches are nice....but No way in **** do the Emerald Coast beaches touch Sarasota's Beaches, specifically LongBoat Key & Siesta Key.....

For the Destin, FWB, SoWal people....if you like natural beauty and pristine beaches you should check out Port St Joe & Cape San Blas area. It's east of Panama City & Tyndall AFB. It's like stepping into a time machine and going back 50+ years to how FL was. St Joe bay is pristine (only bay on the E GOM with no freshwater intrusion). The Cape is a spit of land that separates the Gulf from the Bay. Truly a magical place!!!

Advertisement
For the Destin, FWB, SoWal people....if you like natural beauty and pristine beaches you should check out Port St Joe & Cape San Blas area. It's east of Panama City & Tyndall AFB. It's like stepping into a time machine and going back 50+ years to how FL was. St Joe bay is pristine (only bay on the E GOM with no freshwater intrusion). The Cape is a spit of land that separates the Gulf from the Bay. Truly a magical place!!!
I used to go Scalloping at St Joe in the late 80s early 90s

1. Miami
2. St. Petersburg (area-would include Treasure Island and some other places)
3. Lots of places along 30A
4. Tallahassee (if you have kids. If not, doesn’t make list)
5. Pensacola

Now that I am older and a family man, I love St. Augustine. I like the Jax/Jax Beach/Ponte Vedra area as well. And a big part of my heart will always be in the Keys. Got married on Islamorada and we make a trip back to the Keys at least once a year.
I got engaged there.and I go there once a year for a week. We have a board on our wall with a countdown to the keys . The whole family looks forward to that week

Advertisement
Back