OT-What's the Shoe Game Looking Like....

Advertisement
The short of it; employer added $1200 to my lifestyle spending account and I've finally blew out the sole in my running shoes; a pair of Nike AirMax bought back in 2017.

Been looking around, thinking of buying a pair of Hoka Clifton 9s instead of sticking with Nike--and I found them in orange to boot! Nike is alright, just have more in the wallet to buy more. I do far more running and HIIT training than weight-lifting. Anyone recommend Hoka as a brand; or a better running shoe brand for moderate distance running?

1698163955925.png

I wear NOBULL runners for any METCONS/HIIT workouts that involve any running. They're lght and provide enough stability when using light to moderate weight lifts. I have to look, but I think it's a 6mm heel, which isn't bad when doing lifts

20231024_123142.jpg
20231024_123149.jpg
20231024_123156.jpg

Advertisement
Where you guys live?

I was at the mall today and all I saw was J's (80%), NMDs (15%), and a handful of flyknits, shell toes, and foams. That's Cali. No Yeezy's, no LBJs, Kobe's Irvings. When I play bball, I see some zoom soldiers, but not Curry's. What's the flavor where ya'll are at? Just curious to know what shoe game is popping in other area codes.
Shoe game in general is down big time. The only guaranteed sell outs are SB dunk lows and that’s not even a guarantee unless it’s a hyped collab. Jordan 1 colorways have all been mid recently and even the decent ones no one’s buying in a hurry. Yeezys are done. If you like hyped sneakers that aren’t Travis Scott’s or SB dunks lows, bows the time to buy low. It’ll pick up again with the economy

The short of it; employer added $1200 to my lifestyle spending account and I've finally blew out the sole in my running shoes; a pair of Nike AirMax bought back in 2017.​

Been looking around, thinking of buying a pair of Hoka Clifton 9s instead of sticking with Nike--and I found them in orange to boot! Nike is alright, just have more in the wallet to buy more. I do far more running and HIIT training than weight-lifting. Anyone recommend Hoka as a brand; or a better running shoe brand for moderate distance running?

View attachment 262698

Air Max are not really the best for long running/Hitt.

Metcons are by far the best HITT shoe, but running can be taxing after a while using them if u’re training on concrete like I do.

It all depends what u’re more into. If u’re going to do HOKA’s, u should examine the Mach 5, but these are outstanding performance shoes w/ great responses:

ASICS Gel-Cumulus 25
New Balance FuelCell Rebel v3
Brooks Hyperion GTS (but if u have a wide foot, no bueno)
Saucony Triumph 21
Nike Pegasus 39
Nike Invincible 3

Edit: I’ve never put my feet in them, but I heard On Clouds are comfortable shoes, however I’m not sure if they’re designed to sustain HIIT routines, as well.

Last edited:
The short of it; employer added $1200 to my lifestyle spending account and I've finally blew out the sole in my running shoes; a pair of Nike AirMax bought back in 2017.

View attachment 262698

Hoka is a highly rated brand.... by every nurse that I know. I have several female cousins that would've been mediocre elementary school teachers in another life that swear by them.

At that price point they should be doing more stylistically to combat that image and the one of being a shoe of choice for those that only care about comfort. If not, you're essentially just a glorified retail orthopedic.

Advertisement
Air Max are not really the best for long running/Hitt.

My foot knows this to be true. That break-in period with the AirMax was rough, and they never really did find their place over the years whenever it came time to hit the gym. It was an impulse purchase from them being on sale when I was poorer. You might have just sold me on a pair of Invincible 3s. Congratulations on earning that Nike commission.

I'd like some of those socks they give you in the hospital that have the little non slip things on the bottom in Canes colors.

As usual the fashion world ignores the work from home crowd.

If you have a Get Air Indoor Trampoline park nearby, they have those non-slips in our colors.

Advertisement
Back