OT-What's the Shoe Game Looking Like....

5127ef55418c1aa26604770557e05599.jpg

Advertisement
This probably isn't what you all mean as Ive seen sneakers mentioned! But . . . here is my shoe game!

s-l500_01.jpg
salvatore-ferragamo-magnifico-leather-bit-loafer-black-original-2472.jpg
BGN3FAD_mu.jpg
mens-salvatore-ferragamo-metrone-2-bit-loafer.jpg
salvatore-ferragamo-black-nowell-leather-bit-loafers-product-0-779510048-normal.jpg
sb-16256-salvatore-ferragamo-regal-pebbled-leather-gancini-bit-loafers-size-10-moccasin_1024x102.jpg
553108_00.png.jpg

My $55 Nike free runs that I've had for two years. If I'm not in business shoes, I'm rocking the flip flops.

All you see down here is J's. The younger kids have LBJ's, way less Durant, and essentially no Curry's.

That's y UA just lost $600m from Steph. The 1s were cool, but after them Chefs came out, dropped that boy's popularity. But I'm w you; catch me in some slide on's if I'm not in dress shoes. Now I just collect shoes b/c I'm a sneaker head, but rarely wear them.

Rells I mostly rock my Prestos (TB), Roshes, and air maxes in rotation. I run in my lunarlons, but I'm looking to get new ones soon. I also rock my frees when I'm just chillen in athletic wear. My Js and some other Nikes I have are mostly collected. Every now and then I'll rock the OVO Js but it's rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How in the world did you cop a pair of Ovo's [MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION]?? You can't find those no where out here. Just like you can't find Yeezy's. NMDs are locked up b/c cats were low key trying to sneak off w them. Same thing w limited pair of J's. But honestly, I don't think I've seen OVOs in person and we have hella shoe boutiques in Cali.

Willy follows me on Snap, I'm definitely into sneakers. I have the OVO 10s as well in black. Today I had the Space Jam 11s on. Yesterday 72-10 11s. Thursday Gone Fishing Foams. I'm mostly into Js and Foams.

Where I am in Charleston, you are nearly exclusively Js, only know one person with Yeezys, and my homeboy has a couple pairs of NMDs.

The only reason Retro Js are sitting is because they're producing a crap ton more, to hedge resale. Market is over saturated and folks don't have bread to drop on multiple Retro releases each f'n weekend.

*I'll be wearing Dr. Doom Foams tonight.*

This my dawg right here. His sneaker game goes strong. I seen them space jams and a pair of his foams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, like others have said, the hype is with Adidas right now (Ultra Boost, NMD's). J's are still popular obviously but I see way more Nike and Adidas stuff now - and justifiably so, they are way more comfortable.

On the basketball court, Adidas is well represented too (Lillard, Rose, Crazy Explosives) although Nike is still king (Kyrie, Kobe, Bron). UA had a little buzz with the Curry 2's but has gone back to non-factor status.

Advertisement
Not that I ever payed attention to this, but Lyndon Bains Johnson has a shoe? That's surprising.

Seriously that what came to mind, but I quickly realized he was referring to LeBron. For the life of me and for the last 30 years I still don't get the fascination with p****ing sneakers. I just bought a pair swede boots, wear dress shoes everywhere except exercising or to parks and still think it's an utter sin to wear sneakers with a suit. I have 2, low cost, pairs of sneakers, one for working out, other for walking around in.

Cool story. Thanks for sharing.

You're absolutely right, a "shoe game" thread is no place for joking around. Sorry.

This is an entertaining thread. I haven't read a comic book in years. Most of the dialog here sounds like cartoon characters.

Advertisement
This is an entertaining thread. I haven't read a comic book in years. Most of the dialog here sounds like cartoon characters.

Step your linguistics up. This is not the 60's anymore; language, slang, dialogues have evolved. If ur not a sneaker head, then you shouldn't be here on this particular thread anyway; nothing would make sense to you, as your post clearly suggest.

My son's into the sneaker game. He was supposed to cop a pair of OVOs last week, but they never arrived. Copped em' for 450, was supposed to sell em' for 580. He's big into re-selling Supreme gear also...amazing what people pay for that $h!t. $h!t, I had to work whole Summers to make what they make on one re-sell.

Advertisement
I didn't get my first pair of Js until I was 18. First retros until my early twenties. Didn't really start getting into stacking boxes until late '15 early '16.

First Foams Easter of last year.

I didn't get my first pair of Js until I was 18. First retros until my early twenties. Didn't really start getting into stacking boxes until late '15 early '16.

First Foams Easter of last year.

Didn't cop my first pair till my mid 20s...and even then somebody gave em' to me, and they weren't really even Jordans, Jumpmans LOL. Far as stackin' boxes, if I knew then what I know now, I would've made a killin' off re-sells.

I'm more into acquiring right now. At some point I'll get into resale.

Advertisement
I wish Adidas would go back out of style. I used to be able to pick up Adidas casual shoes at the outlet for $50, sometimes less. Now, everything starts at around $80.

Where you guys live?

I was at the mall today and all I saw was J's (80%), NMDs (15%), and a handful of flyknits, shell toes, and foams. That's Cali. No Yeezy's, no LBJs, Kobe's Irvings. When I play bball, I see some zoom soldiers, but not Curry's. What's the flavor where ya'll are at? Just curious to know what shoe game is popping in other area codes.

Join the Westendzone. They have a Shoe Game thread over there thats very active.

Where you guys live?

I was at the mall today and all I saw was J's (80%), NMDs (15%), and a handful of flyknits, shell toes, and foams. That's Cali. No Yeezy's, no LBJs, Kobe's Irvings. When I play bball, I see some zoom soldiers, but not Curry's. What's the flavor where ya'll are at? Just curious to know what shoe game is popping in other area codes.

Join the Westendzone. They have a Shoe Game thread over there thats very active.

Need to get back over there. Haven't been in awhile.

Advertisement
Back