Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

Can anyone with experience using both a Glock 19 and a Sig P320 give a review? Spent the last couple days handling Glocks and S&Ws during tactical training. I'd like to be thorough in my consideration before pulling the...trigger on a purchase. Someone brought up the P320. I read everything online. But, still prefer people's personal accounts over pseudo-marketing articles. Thanks.

Advertisement
Bought the new ruger 5 7 a few months ago during covid peak. Also bought a vortex scope with the stimulus check for my savage axis 2 .308. Looking to buy an M17 as well as when I can find one for the right price.

Attachments

• FullSizeR(1).jpg
    FullSizeR(1).jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 8
Can anyone with experience using both a Glock 19 and a Sig P320 give a review? Spent the last couple days handling Glocks and S&Ws during tactical training. I'd like to be thorough in my consideration before pulling the...trigger on a purchase. Someone brought up the P320. I read everything online. But, still prefer people's personal accounts over pseudo-marketing articles. Thanks.
I shoot the m17 often which is basically a sig 320 clone. I usually classify which handguns and rifles I like by how they feel in my hands and the sig is just super enjoyable to shoot. Super easy to take apart and put back together as well. I love the glock 19 as well and you couldn't go wrong with either pistol. I would choose the sig over the glock though.

I have a few of those firearms. Is that a Browning A-Bolt at the top? I have one chambered in .30-06. I can't make out the scope. That Browning A-5 Light 12, was it manufactured in Belgium or Japan? My father has the version manufactured in Belgium and I have one made in Japan. We used to deer hunt with them in the late 70s and early 80s in Virginia and North Carolina. I don't own a Ruger 10-22, but I bought my son one for Christmas this past December. Great .22. I grew up shooting the old Sears Ted Williams (Winchester Model 190). My father bought it for me when I turned either eight or ten. I still have it, and it's still reliable. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll take a photograph of the A-Bolt, A-5, and the Ted Williams.

Advertisement
LuCane I would base my decision off of your budget, how you plan to use the firearm, and which one you handle best because both are reliable. You find many law enforcement officers with either the Glock 17 or Glock 19 and the US armed forces adopted the p320. Is this an everyday care (EDC) firearm? Meaning you'll be conceal carrying it. Are you going to get into competitive shooting? Is this for car/home defense? Knowing this will help experienced shooters give you better advice. It's not rocket science though. Which one do you most consistently put lead on the target with? Which one do you enjoy shooting the most?

I have shot the Glock 19 and was very accurate with it the first time on the range. I was shooting a Gen 4 at the time. I ended up purchasing an FNS-9C because I was in the market for an EDC, but I will be purchasing a Glock 19 in the future because it is an affordable firearm that is reliable and fun to shoot. Hickok45 loves Glocks. Similar story with the Sig. I almost purchased a P320x a few months back, and I will probably still eventually get one because I like that they are modular, but I liked the feel of the FN 509 a hair better so I purchased it.

Well, I won't show the pics, but some of the guns I have:

Pistols:

USP-C 9mm
Ruger Mark II Stainless
S&W 686 Stainless .357 Magnum

Rifles:
Custom AR-15
H&K G3 (Converting into a PSG-1)
Waffen SS Marked K98 Mauser (1941)
Ruger 10/22 Stainless
Custom Remington 700 .308

Shotguns:
Savage 20 Ga. Double
Remington Model 11

My favorite of the bunch is probably the SS marked Mauser K98. Wish I could get a P08 Luger, but if you look at the prices for any **** weaponry, it's through the roof. Bayonets can cost $200 (or more!)

My only regret is my stepgrandfather, who fought elements of the SS at the Battle Of The Bulge, is not alive for me to give him that rifle. I think he would relish mounting that war trophy above his fireplace.

Was a **** of a man. Died with pieces of shrapnel still in his back when a Sherman tank exploded next to him.

Some things I might get in the distant future:

Gewehr 43
M1 Garand
10mm 1911
Sub 2000
7.7mm *** Arisaka
SKS
Mauser Broomhandle (Red 9)

I'd love to get a Colt Python, but prices are absolutely ridiculous.

Pythons are too expensive carl!

LuCane I would base my decision off of your budget, how you plan to use the firearm, and which one you handle best because both are reliable. You find many law enforcement officers with either the Glock 17 or Glock 19 and the US armed forces adopted the p320. Is this an everyday care (EDC) firearm? Meaning you'll be conceal carrying it. Are you going to get into competitive shooting? Is this for car/home defense? Knowing this will help experienced shooters give you better advice. It's not rocket science though. Which one do you most consistently put lead on the target with? Which one do you enjoy shooting the most?

I have shot the Glock 19 and was very accurate with it the first time on the range. I was shooting a Gen 4 at the time. I ended up purchasing an FNS-9C because I was in the market for an EDC, but I will be purchasing a Glock 19 in the future because it is an affordable firearm that is reliable and fun to shoot. Hickok45 loves Glocks. Similar story with the Sig. I almost purchased a P320x a few months back, and I will probably still eventually get one because I like that they are modular, but I liked the feel of the FN 509 a hair better so I purchased it.
It’s for EDC. And, I tend to take things a bit far, so while I don’t plan on getting into competitive shooting, who the **** knows.

Advertisement
Biased Glock fan guy who has experience with the P320. The Sig makes some nice stylish arms but my buddies complain about their groupings. Glock trigger job with the mag capacity would be an easy win for the glock 19.

I have a few of those firearms. Is that a Browning A-Bolt at the top? I have one chambered in .30-06. I can't make out the scope. That Browning A-5 Light 12, was it manufactured in Belgium or Japan? My father has the version manufactured in Belgium and I have one made in Japan. We used to deer hunt with them in the late 70s and early 80s in Virginia and North Carolina. I don't own a Ruger 10-22, but I bought my son one for Christmas this past December. Great .22. I grew up shooting the old Sears Ted Williams (Winchester Model 190). My father bought it for me when I turned either eight or ten. I still have it, and it's still reliable. If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll take a photograph of the A-Bolt, A-5, and the Ted Williams.
617E5EB9-79D5-4B2F-82E3-65475E707A99.jpeg
All 3 are Belgium made.

The top gun is my Remington 700 BDL in 30-06.

Glock 19 is the quint-essential do it all pistol. Can hold large mag capacity, but you can also press it into concealed carry use.

Haven't shot the P320, but I've shot its older relative, the P250. Great sub compact gun that, in my opinion, felt nicer and the trigger was better than a Glock.

Personally, I'm not terribly fond of Glocks because the grip angle makes me feel like I'm holding a brick. Not fond of the stock trigger either.

But both are ultra reliable, dependable, and will get the job done.

I have an H&K USP Compact. On reflection, while its a great handgun, if I wanted to stay with an H&K pistol and do it over again, I'd use a P2000 or a P30 Compact.

The P2000 still has HK reliability, but its more sleek, and utilizes a picatinny rail system for your light instead of the proprietary hk rail system.

It even shares the same mags as the USP Compact.

Honestly, the best advice I can give you is do your research, try several different guns, think about it and come to a decision.

When you buy a car, you already pretty much know what you want, all thats left to talk about are the features, reliability, and price point.

Same with a gun.

Advertisement
I don’t own any guns but i love the WWII rifle that you always see in the movies that makes that ping noise when they run out of ammo. M1 I think

What S&W did you use?

Advertisement
Sig in this one

Bought the new ruger 5 7 a few months ago during covid peak. Also bought a vortex scope with the stimulus check for my savage axis 2 .308. Looking to buy an M17 as well as when I can find one for the right price.
Tell me how much you like the ruger 5.7.
It’s on my radar

What S&W did you use?
M&P9, if I remember correctly. Didn’t consider those weapons because the ones I used had been completely modified by the instructor, so not something I can easily go out and buy. The instructor was an ex-SEAL who apparently likes to do significant changes to his weapons.

I think it’s actually the biggest deterrent if someone is in the house. The pump will make anyone **** themselves.
Most terrifying sound in the world especially if you hear your wife's voice saying; "just where in the **** have you been!" because then you know where it is aimed.

Advertisement
Back