Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

The best advice I got was to go to a gun show and handle as many as possible. I hated the grip on my father in law's gen 3 Glock 19 and the gen 4 is even worse. The Ruger SR9 feels like they made it just for me.
I have an SR9C, and to me it's a perfect carry 9MM. I just got a M & P Shield 45 that I cant wait to go shoot.

Advertisement
1911_.45_ACP_horiz_medium.jpg

The only Mauser I fired was the Turkish (Sporter) with original furniture and it kicks. Was going to make the Israeli into a hunting rifle (.308) , never got around to it since I use the Springfield, a Mauser is probably one of the best Military weapons of all time, if U can get one, do it. I changed to 9mm and sold the . 45s & Makarovs. My Springfield has a modern stock on it so it's easier on the shoulder, great shooter.
I am probably pass adding any older weapons this days. I love the beautiful wood and craftsmanship but just can't deal with the weight and kick. Most of my collection is US arms with some British .303 pieces-my favorite is a Lee-Enfield Jungle Carbine. My dad gave it to me. Back in the day your could buy surplus military specialty rounds like tracers and he had nice assortment. I am afraid that adding a German piece would open up a new world(they made very nice guns) and result in a very costly divorce. My wife shoots too but has laid down the law that I can't by anything new that is too heavy for her. She did give my one exception and that was for one more old beast IF I give her my M1 carbine- that she loves. I can't do that. It was the first weapon my dad bought for me when I was 10. Who knew it was an assault weapon.

I've always wanted a Schmidt-Rubin K31 with the walnut stock. They're supposed to be ridiculously accurate.

Problem is that I don't need more stuff and I wouldn't get to shoot it as much as I'd like to.

Have 9mm for regular use but last year I bought a cheaply made M-16 with scope($699) from a gun show. Had to take it to a gunsmith almost immediately because it kept jamming every 6-10 shots. Got it fixed now she fires like a pro.

Georgia is definitely a gun toting state.

Advertisement
My current wish list (any specific recommendations much appreciated):

- 1911 .45 ACP (something highly reliable out of the box, but probably not going to drop the coin for a decked out Dan Wesson)
- CQC shotgun (leaning towards the Kel-tec KSG... but the Mossberg 930 SPX and 890a1 have my attention)
- Sig p365 (I typically EDC a Ruger LC9 w/ a modified trigger assembly and it is pretty solid, but I have always wanted a Sig and hear great things)

Advertisement
S&W sd9ve for home
Walther p99c (.40) for CC
Wife has ruger (can’t remember which 9)
Dpms Oracle that I’m about to start customizing

next additions this year will be Springfield xds45, a bull pup SKS, either an ak47 or 74, still undecided on that. Dreaming for IWI TAVOR lol, and his/hers ruger 5.7

Ive got the same gun as well and I say its probably as old if not older. It was my pop pops bob cat killer. Bob cats would stalk his cat so pops would go take them out.
Nice story. I bought this in 1970 with my lawn cutting cash. Never put a scope on it since it's sights and a steady hold are accurate enough. The new 10/22's don't come with nice wood like these.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well, I won't show the pics, but some of the guns I have:

Pistols:

USP-C 9mm
Ruger Mark II Stainless
S&W 686 Stainless .357 Magnum

Rifles:
Custom AR-15
H&K G3 (Converting into a PSG-1)
Waffen SS Marked K98 Mauser (1941)
Ruger 10/22 Stainless
Custom Remington 700 .308

Shotguns:
Savage 20 Ga. Double
Remington Model 11

My favorite of the bunch is probably the SS marked Mauser K98. Wish I could get a P08 Luger, but if you look at the prices for any **** weaponry, it's through the roof. Bayonets can cost $200 (or more!)

My only regret is my stepgrandfather, who fought elements of the SS at the Battle Of The Bulge, is not alive for me to give him that rifle. I think he would relish mounting that war trophy above his fireplace.

Was a **** of a man. Died with pieces of shrapnel still in his back when a Sherman tank exploded next to him.

Some things I might get in the distant future:

Gewehr 43
M1 Garand
10mm 1911
Sub 2000
7.7mm *** Arisaka
SKS
Mauser Broomhandle (Red 9)

I'd love to get a Colt Python, but prices are absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Well, I won't show the pics, but some of the guns I have:

Pistols:

USP-C 9mm
Ruger Mark II Stainless
S&W 686 Stainless .357 Magnum

Rifles:
Custom AR-15
H&K G3 (Converting into a PSG-1)
Waffen SS Marked K98 Mauser (1941)
Ruger 10/22 Stainless
Custom Remington 700 .308

Shotguns:
Savage 20 Ga. Double
Remington Model 11

My favorite of the bunch is probably the SS marked Mauser K98. Wish I could get a P08 Luger, but if you look at the prices for any **** weaponry, it's through the roof. Bayonets can cost $200 (or more!)

My only regret is my stepgrandfather, who fought elements of the SS at the Battle Of The Bulge, is not alive for me to give him that rifle. I think he would relish mounting that war trophy above his fireplace.

Was a **** of a man. Died with pieces of shrapnel still in his back when a Sherman tank exploded next to him.

Some things I might get in the distant future:

Gewehr 43
M1 Garand
10mm 1911
Sub 2000
7.7mm *** Arisaka
SKS
Mauser Broomhandle (Red 9)

I'd love to get a Colt Python, but prices are absolutely ridiculous.

You got a mini armory huh? I love it man

Advertisement
Back