Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

Bought it for the wife awhile ago but she’s never shot it. It’s actually a pretty fun target practice gun to be honest. I used to shoot a few times a month but not so much anymore.

@Cribby.....go sign up for a concealed carry class. Then line someone said you’ll have to find the right place to get your prints done and apply for the permit.
The weapon of choice for culling dakrats in Montana.

Advertisement
Mp 15-22
8.5”,11.5”, and 16” AR, the 8.5/11.5 are SBR’d
Ruger 9e
HK VP9
P226 Stainless Elite with the wood grain grips
P226 Tacops
P226 Legion
CZ Scorpion SBR’d

Wishlist is
HK SP5
Scar 17
A subcompact, I need to test some to determine
9mm and .22 can

favorite to shoot is the Scorpion, a can and some trigger work would make it a dream. Shoot like **** with the Sigs (had the elite for 2 years and haven’t shot it yet) but they have that cool factor. VP9 is beside.

I used to have a ruger 10/22 tatical that made me think I was God's gift to shooting.
My first gun... a 50 year old Ruger 10/22 that I refurbished last year. Meticulously redid the wood and re-blued. Smallest caliber rifle but my sentimental favorite.
2lHh71592877112.jpg

My first gun... a 50 year old Ruger 10/22 that I refurbished last year. Meticulously redid the wood and re-blued. Smallest caliber rifle but my sentimental favorite.
View attachment 119818

First gun I ever shot. Killed a squirell in the woods in Osteen and my dad made me clean it and eat it. Thats a fine example ya got there!

First gun I ever shot. Killed a squirell in the woods in Osteen and my dad made me clean it and eat it. Thats a fine example ya got there!
I just took the picture but it doesn't do the wood quality justice because of the lighting. And same here... at sixteen I downed a rabbit with it.
**** I have an AR15 still in the box with two filled 30 rd. clips and never been fired.

Advertisement
The weapon of choice for culling dakrats in Montana.
If that’s anything like a Louisiana swamp rat I don’t want to be within 200 yards of it hahaha

I’ve had my CC permit for years but I drove an hour away because that office was easier to get an appointment. It makes all the difference in the office you go to

That thing is gorgeous. I was explaining that same exact thing to a friend 😂😂😂😂 just the sound of pumping the shotgun will make someone leave your home. Then you add in that you don’t have to be accurate. Shotgun is a must!!!!!!
I think it’s actually the biggest deterrent if someone is in the house. The pump will make anyone **** themselves.

Mp 15-22
8.5”,11.5”, and 16” AR, the 8.5/11.5 are SBR’d
Ruger 9e
HK VP9
P226 Stainless Elite with the wood grain grips
P226 Tacops
P226 Legion
CZ Scorpion SBR’d

Wishlist is
HK SP5
Scar 17
A subcompact, I need to test some to determine
9mm and .22 can

favorite to shoot is the Scorpion, a can and some trigger work would make it a dream. Shoot like **** with the Sigs (had the elite for 2 years and haven’t shot it yet) but they have that cool factor. VP9 is beside.

That VP9 is silky

Advertisement
Damm nice collection fellows...

Me and the wife just started

Fn 509c fde
Sig p365 xl
Sig p320
S&W shield 2.0 ez
Building an ar9 delayed blow back glock style, waiting for 2 parts then finally finished

Waiting for it to get stocked and not price gouged I want

Rock island vp80
Walther ppq45 or hk vp40
Daniel defense pdw

Did anyone go to the gun show in tampa last weekend?

Just like the fishing thread, which was a great thread to switch gears, let’s talk firearms for those who own em.

Got my CZ P10F bout two weeks ago, then threw the O-Light on there. NJ is strict so no carrying for me but if I could, this would be it!
View attachment 119576
View attachment 119577

My Ruger 5.56 AR Pistol. Haven’t had much fun with her yet. Got some bad ammo and like every 3rd round is a jam. Goin take her apart, clean and get some new ammo.
View attachment 119578

Range is back open around my way. Took moms yesterday and had some fun.

Keep it light in here. Hope this isn’t a violation of anything

The problem with NJ is the courses really suck. You have legit bums teaching the courses. The best place in NJ I went too though was Gun 4 hire. You should head into the city though and go to andy massimillians place, I haven't been there in forever. Since I travel a lot for work I take all my classes while traveling for work at places like Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, Rogers shooting school, etc.(front site in LV sucks, don't go there).

That said, if you ever want to take some good courses in the north east, you may want to take a day trip the sig sauer academy in NH or Academi in CT. Those are the 2 best I have been too in the north east(and I have been to the vast majority of the "famous" ones).

Also, there is some place(I think its hoboken, or the town next to it) that has some range that has some Ex Mossad guy teaching a pistol class. I have heard really good things about the course, but I never bothered to take the course, since I am not a fan of not keeping 1 in the chamber.

Last edited:
A pic from my IG. Glock26 9mm w/ extended clip (my favorite personal carry), Glock17, Walther P22, Ruger45, and a Kimber45.

I have a standard AR-15 but I can’t wait to get my Keltec KSG Shotgun.

Attachments

• B0D6AD9F-92C0-4264-8FD7-91F7C90858A6.jpeg
    B0D6AD9F-92C0-4264-8FD7-91F7C90858A6.jpeg
    522.3 KB · Views: 19
A pic from my IG. Glock26 9mm w/ extended clip (my favorite personal carry), Glock17, Walther P22, Ruger45, and a Kimber45.

I have been on the kel-tec KSG hunt myself for a minute. Haven't gotten my hands on one yet for a test drive, but the guys I know who've fired one say good things.

Only complaint I have consistently heard is you need to rack with authority or you'll short shuck it. That and the horror story of the guy who shot his hand off when he was speed firing and the vertical grip broke (don't go cheap on the vertical grip).

Advertisement

Man that Keltec was punchin me in the shoulder each shot. After like 8 shots I was ready to put that thing down lol. It's def a monster!!!

The problem with NJ is the courses really suck. You have legit bums teaching the courses. The best place in NJ I went too though was Gun 4 hire. You should head into the city though and go to andy massimillians place, I haven't been there in forever. Since I travel a lot for work I take all my classes while traveling for work at places like Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, Rogers shooting school, etc.(front site in LV sucks, don't go there).

That said, if you ever want to take some good courses in the north east, you may want to take a day trip the sig sauer academy in NH or Academi in CT. Those are the 2 best I have been too in the north east(and I have been to the vast majority of the "famous" ones).

Also, there is some place(I think its hoboken, or the town next to it) that has some range that has some Ex Mossad guy teaching a pistol class. I have heard really good things about the course, but I never bothered to take the course, since I am not a fan of not keeping 1 in the chamber.

Had a good time at Gun 4 hire. Very nice place and didn't require to watch a video even though it was my first time there! You are 100% correct tho NJ sucks for courses and classes

Advertisement
if you want to shoot any kinda ammo get an AK. With an AR you should clean after almost every use. Only use brass imo for the AR, do NOT use reloaded round. If someone does a **** job loading it can **** up your gun plus it will always mess with your zero. Come to Florida where you can have 30 rounds plus in a magazine.
giphy.gif

Don't listen to this guy. A high quality AR will run no matter what ammo you throw at it. Just make sure to keep your dust cover closed until you need to get it on...and put her away wet.

Gas mileage isn't the best, but people just seem to magically get out of the way when you're driving.
Absolutely. A couple rounds from the Ma Deuce should move all silly ones to stay except truly stupid. Well, we know what comes next. In my opinion not only are they covered under the 2nd Amendment but they should be provided free of charge.

Advertisement
Back