Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

Advertisement
Free State or not I think it's stupid to expose One's hand letting big brother know what to expect from you. It's funny people are mentioning what they got.....

Thats the great thing about the internet. There are threads you don’t have to come to. Secondly, don’t really think many care what you think is stupid or not but glad you got that out the way 👍🏿

Advertisement
Thats the great thing about the internet. There are threads you don’t have to come to. Secondly, don’t really think many care what you think is stupid or not but glad you got that out the way 👍🏿
I'm for people to keep what they might have. I'm all for people in ****ing matches if they choose, but I grew up where advertising can become a target. Believe me I'm 2nd amendment. Me and my buddies laugh at the show preppers just thinking there the first to be a statistic when it's go time. By all means post away.

The comp on the top AR is 90° off because whoever assembled it used a crush washer. That looks like an XTC comp. The XTC comp requires a peel washer or a spacer to time correctly.
Thanks for the knowledge, I just acquired that one from a family member who couldn’t use it any longer. I just got into shooting over the last few years so I still have tons to learn.

Just starting out.
3DF32F0E-4945-40AF-85BD-71BAA7D09403.jpeg
Diamondback DB10 .308
And a Glock 19 5th gen 9mm

gonna add a Vortex 1.8*24 scope for the .308 this payday and will get a Ruger SR-556 when I get back from my TDY.

Just starting out.
View attachment 119982Diamondback DB10 .308
And a Glock 19 5th gen 9mm

gonna add a Vortex 1.8*24 scope for the .308 this payday and will get a Ruger SR-556 when I get back from my TDY.
Nice starting kit you got there. I would do trigger adjustment to both. Glocks are my fav next to H&K. The DB10 I would definitely ad a 1/10 twist barrel to make your groupings tighter. You can never have to many barrels. 16 to 24

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Don't listen to this guy. A high quality AR will run no matter what ammo you throw at it. Just make sure to keep your dust cover closed until you need to get it on...and put her away wet.

Lmao ok. If his guns jamming what’s your solution beside saying I’m wrong. You’re no help. Not everyone is able to buy 2k ARs douche. I don’t have malfunctions with my guns ever because I take care of my ****. You might not care about a jam but In my line of work that could cost a life.

Last edited:
Lmao ok. If his guns jamming what’s your solution beside saying I’m wrong. You’re no help. Not everyone is able to buy 2k ARs douche. I don’t have malfunctions with my guns ever because I take care of my ****. You might not care about a jam but In my line of work that could cost a life.

My first step in finding the solution to his "jamming" issue would be to first figure out what he means by "jamming". In other words, what is the actual malfunction? Is it a FTF, FTE or both? What is the severity? Is he experiencing double feeds, bolt override? What kind of mags is he using? Does it clear with immediate action, or is remedial action required? I would check the extractor, I would check the buffer and buffer spring, feed ramps, gas block, I would visually inspect the ammunition and lastly I would want to see him duplicate the malfunction. What I wouldn't do is give him a canned "you just need to use good ammo and clean your gun more often" answer, because I've often found that people who say that know next to nothing about firearms and thus are probably the last person one would want to listen to. As for your suggestion that a quality AR must cost $2K; that's just more evidence that you're not well educated on the subject. Which again illustrates the fact that you should probably keep your advice to yourself and seek more knowledge before speaking. Finally, I can only assume by your last sentence that your line of work is either public safety, security or military. If this is indeed the case, I pray for your safety.

My first step in finding the solution to his "jamming" issue would be to first figure out what he means by "jamming". In other words, what is the actual malfunction? Is it a FTF, FTE or both? What is the severity? Is he experiencing double feeds, bolt override? What kind of mags is he using? Does it clear with immediate action, or is remedial action required? I would check the extractor, I would check the buffer and buffer spring, feed ramps, gas block, I would visually inspect the ammunition and lastly I would want to see him duplicate the malfunction. What I wouldn't do is give him a canned "you just need to use good ammo and clean your gun more often" answer, because I've often found that people who say that know next to nothing about firearms and thus are probably the last person one would want to listen to. As for your suggestion that a quality AR must cost $2K; that's just more evidence that you're not well educated on the subject. Which again illustrates the fact that you should probably keep your advice to yourself and seek more knowledge before speaking. Finally, I can only assume by your last sentence that your line of work is either public safety, security or military. If this is indeed the case, I pray for your safety.

so you say this to me instead of the guy needing help.... you really are a douche.

if you haven’t spend 2k for AR, scope and mobs. You probably don’t have a “ Quality” AR. The problem with gun ppl is everyone think they know **** and are douches. Your exhibit A. You have no idea how many rounds I shoot or in what conditions. Based on you knowing nothing and making an opinion, I can tell you like trump.

Last edited:
so instead you say this to me instead of the guy needing help.... you really are a douche.

if you haven’t spend 2k for AR, scope and mobs. You probably don’t have a “ Quality” AR. The problem with gun ppl is everyone think they know **** and are douches. Your exhibit A. You have no idea how many rounds I shoot or in what conditions. Based on you knowing nothing and making an opinion. I can tell you like trump.

Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge, it is the refusal to acknowledge that you don't know what you think you know. Nothing that I've posted in this thread is my opinion. I'm not the guy in here talking about my line of work or how much I shoot trying to establish my credentials. I don't know who you think you are. I don't care to. You've made this thread about you because my reply to your post hurt your ego. Go ahead on with your day with your head held high in the knowledge that you've "won" this argument by calling me douche and making assumptions about my politics. I'll let the readers of this thread decide who they'd rather take advice from when it comes to firearms. Have a good day and stay safe mall ninja.

Advertisement
Ruger SR9c - CC- mine -Love Ruger triggers - nothing against glacks -
Ruger LC9s - CC- wife's
Winchester Model 12 - Original serials! dummy who I got it from for nothing had sawed of the 22" choked barrel to an angled 18" with a hacksaw....turning a VERY valuable antique trenchgun into my COD OP shotty with slidefire! Had end gunsmithered up to remain compliant and strcight.

(2) Keltec sub2k Gen2s 9mm - one stock in box - ordered 2 on accident ;) The other fully barbie dolled up with trigger and guts mods, rotating forearm for red dot, takes 30 rd glack "clips"

and my P&J

IWI Tavor 18.5" barreled bullpup in .223, with all the guts and match trigger modded.

Thanks for the knowledge, I just acquired that one from a family member who couldn’t use it any longer. I just got into shooting over the last few years so I still have tons to learn.

If you have a vice and an upper clam/vice block it's an easy fix. Go to a hardware store and get a standard washer (preferably <1/16" thickness) with an internal diameter of 1/2" and an external diameter of no more than 3/4". Use a 3/4" wrench to remove the muzzle device. Depending on how compressed the existing crush washer is, you might want to use a brand new one...but if it's not too bad you can reuse it. Install your "spacer" washer first and then the crush washer, with the wider part facing away from the firearm. Twist on the muzzle device until hand tight. Use a torque wrench to ensure you get at least 15 ft/lbs of torque on it and spin until the large ports are at 90° & 270°...if it's a genuine XTC comp then the Rainier Arms logo should be facing upwards when you're done.

Nice starting kit you got there. I would do trigger adjustment to both. Glocks are my fav next to H&K. The DB10 I would definitely ad a 1/10 twist barrel to make your groupings tighter. You can never have to many barrels. 16 to 24

I appreciate the knowledge, I will def take that advice! thank you.

Advertisement
If you have a vice and an upper clam/vice block it's an easy fix. Go to a hardware store and get a standard washer (preferably <1/16" thickness) with an internal diameter of 1/2" and an external diameter of no more than 3/4". Use a 3/4" wrench to remove the muzzle device. Depending on how compressed the existing crush washer is, you might want to use a brand new one...but if it's not too bad you can reuse it. Install your "spacer" washer first and then the crush washer, with the wider part facing away from the firearm. Twist on the muzzle device until hand tight. Use a torque wrench to ensure you get at least 15 ft/lbs of torque on it and spin until the large ports are at 90° & 270°...if it's a genuine XTC comp then the Rainier Arms logo should be facing upwards when you're done.
Sounds like a pretty easy fix.

Prior to COVID? I know Covid has everyone jackin their prices and stuff up
I think it's due to the unrest. Most of the pump guns with magazines are gone. A buddy told me going on now is the biggest gun sale in history.

Saw on the news from Atlanta next to the Wendy's, dudes we're patrolling the streets with long guns. It's getting like the old wild west days.
20200624_132046.jpg

I have a carry permit and carry a Colt 380 with hollow points.

Advertisement
Back