Off-Topic OT: What you shootin’

I planned on getting a Glock 19, but my father in law is pushing me to get a 40 or 45 and leaving a Glock for my wife.
What y’all think?

Cost isn’t a significant concern.

Advertisement
Nice weapons D. For home defense I got the trusted mossberg tactical loaded with buck shot. Because the beauty of that weapon is your aim doesn’t have to be perfect, just point it in the direction of the bad guy and your hitting something. Plus the sound of a ****ing shotgun is usually enough to send anyone running away to never return.
View attachment 119769

That thing is gorgeous. I was explaining that same exact thing to a friend 😂😂😂😂 just the sound of pumping the shotgun will make someone leave your home. Then you add in that you don’t have to be accurate. Shotgun is a must!!!!!!

Yeah, I’ve shot all 3 calibers.

I enjoyed the feel of the 45 the most, but feel as though the 9mm would be the easiest to use effectively in home defense.
Can’t say I’m shooting every week at this point, though. Maybe if I do, the 45 would feel smoother.

it will be loud regardless but I really would hate to shoot a 40 or 45 with no ear pro indoors. Could semi flash bang yourself

Advertisement
I planned on getting a Glock 19, but my father in law is pushing me to get a 40 or 45 and leaving a Glock for my wife.
What y’all think?

9mm, with the proper ammo, will get the job done. It's cheap, plentiful, and you typically have a higher round count.

.45 is great if you plan on shooting suppressed because its a subsonic round.

.40 is useless. Was specifically made because some FBI agents couldn't shoot 10mm Auto.

If you need something bigger than 9mm in a handgun, go with .357 Magnum or 10mm Auto.

Advertisement
What y’all think?

Get the weapon that makes you and your bride comfortable and proficient. You might be surprised with how similar handguns have very different feels across the brands and mag lengths.

F
617E5EB9-79D5-4B2F-82E3-65475E707A99.jpeg
ound pics of some of my guns.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know the .22 is your primary....

😀

Very nice rifle actually...
Bought it for the wife awhile ago but she’s never shot it. It’s actually a pretty fun target practice gun to be honest. I used to shoot a few times a month but not so much anymore.

@Cribby.....go sign up for a concealed carry class. Then line someone said you’ll have to find the right place to get your prints done and apply for the permit.

Bought it for the wife awhile ago but she’s never shot it. It’s actually a pretty fun target practice gun to be honest. I used to shoot a few times a month but not so much anymore.

@Cribby.....go sign up for a concealed carry class. Then line someone said you’ll have to find the right place to get your prints done and apply for the permit.
Correct. In FL, EVERY location South of Brevard County and East of Collier is shut down for CCW-valid fingerprinting. No opening dates in sight.

Advertisement
Back