OT (well, kind of) Punishment Excessive?

Advertisement
From where I sit you don’t have any honor. Thanks for asking.

Ha. This the part where we stick our tongues at each other and go to separate rooms?

You disappoint me. Thought you had more guts than that.

But if you want this to be over, fine with me. We'll agree to disagree and continue to be ****ed at our head coach, manure.

Fvck "integrity". It doesn't get you anywhere in the real world. Teach kids the importance being successful.
This is over the top. You can reach a point that almost anyone would agree constitutes "success" without resorting to unethical behavior.

For anyone with an IQ over 50, they learned one valuable lesson. Next time don't cheat like an 8 year old character in a children's film. Cheat like an adult, pay off someone to make sure whatever crime the kid did never reaches the HS football board. Pay off the victim to not report the crime. Etc.

On this you are definitely correct from a practical standpoint.

Yep. Whole team participated in cheating. Seems like the school did the right thing.
And you know this how? Coach could have told them he served the suspension for the jamboree. The reason the kid got suspended a game was for something that occurred last season. Coach was dumb to not just sit him 1 game but even if they did know you expect them to go snitch? I was taught not to be a tattletale. No one was killed.

Advertisement
Thank you. This is not a court of law and the school can do whatever serves its mission.
Of course they can, and should be able, to make that decision. While I prefer due process, they are a private school and have every right to punish (or not) accordingly.

And I can disagree with that decision.

Yep. Whole team participated in cheating. Seems like the school did the right thing.

Have you read an investigation of the incident? Interviewed people? Or, as I suspect, are you merely making a logical leap without sufficient evidence?

This is the part where YOU do that.

Which is precisely what I don't do. Let it go Tetra. Obviously, we're not going to get along and you have the perception that I'm a racist, redneck simple fool.

It's a cross I must bear, but somehow I will endure.

Acta non verba.

Advertisement
Have you read an investigation of the incident? Interviewed people? Or, as I suspect, are you merely making a logical leap without sufficient evidence?
You sound ridiculous. Imagine whatever you want. The idea that none of his teammates knew he was playing in that game is as stupid as can be. If you believe that, you’re probably a Manny Diaz sycophant.

And you know this how? Coach could have told them he served the suspension for the jamboree. The reason the kid got suspended a game was for something that occurred last season. Coach was dumb to not just sit him 1 game but even if they did know you expect them to go snitch? I was taught not to be a tattletale. No one was killed.
If he had served his suspension, then why did he suit up as someone else? Do you think before you write?

The issue isn’t whether they should hafe ‘snitched,’ either. It’s whether the school‘s decision makes sense. If you sre aware of cheating and partocipate in it, then you’re guilty as well. Sorry, that’s the case.

As for no one getting killed, that’s an absurd retort. No one got killed by the school, either. What does that have to do woth anything?

Yeah, I can't imagine being in the huddle, seeing this kid who was suspended and go, "Nah, he must be a different guy, yah, yah."

Minimum, the offense knew about it. They had to.

You sound ridiculous. Imagine whatever you want. The idea that none of his teammates knew he was playing in that game is as stupid as can be. If you believe that, you’re probably a Manny Diaz sycophant.
Never said that. The number of teammates who knew (or didn't know) is not in any of those articles. You, however, said the whole team participated in cheating.

And I believe Manny should be fired as could not be more clear from my posts in this site.

Advertisement
Never said that. The number of teammates who knew (or didn't know) is not in any of those articles. You, however, said the whole team participated in cheating.

And I believe Manny should be fired as could not be more clear from my posts in this site.
Lol. So now you’re wet in the panties because ’whole team’ is imprecise? GTFOOH. You sound ridiculous. Plenty of that team knew, and anyone with half a brain should understand it.

When every single large business in the world is "cheating". You need to cheat to be able to compete with them.
Since its a football message board. Look at football. You have Urban Meyer winnings NCs while covering up Hernandez murdering people. The pouncey twins committing tons of crimes. Among tons of other crimes.

You have Saban winning tons of NCs while covering up tons of crimes of his players. Like the guys getting caught driving around with illegal guns and illegally paying players

Jimbo winning an NC while covering up a rape, domestic abuse, and tons of other crimes.

Dabo winning an NC covering up tons of crime and illegally paying players.

Then you have the goodie goodies that want to "play fair" and they never even sniff the playoffs.
Cheating will get you fleeting results. It will eventually bite you in the ***. No matter the cost - and it’s cost me several healthy promotions- I flat out refuse to compromise my integrity.

Advertisement
If he had served his suspension, then why did he suit up as someone else? Do you think before you write?

The issue isn’t whether they should hafe ‘snitched,’ either. It’s whether the school‘s decision makes sense. If you sre aware of cheating and partocipate in it, then you’re guilty as well. Sorry, that’s the case.

As for no one getting killed, that’s an absurd retort. No one got killed by the school, either. What does that have to do woth anything?
Reading comprehension much? Where did I write he served the suspension???

But Dabo just made a kid ride the bus home for throwing a punch. Integrity doesnt work in the business world, we know that. And their is not a ton of integrity in college football when it comes to off the field matters. However, we must keep the integrity of the sport in tact on the field. Any cheating during the game should not be tolerated.

Making a kid ride the bus home for hurting a team on the field. Is totally different than suspending a player for doing something that doesn't hurt the team on the field.

If that kid cheated on the field during a close game, Dabo would have upgraded him to first class.

Cheating will get you fleeting results. It will eventually bite you in the ***. No matter the cost - and it’s cost me several healthy promotions- I flat out refuse to compromise my integrity.

That is just confirmation bias because you got caught. That is like saying "going to school is useless because I got my degree and still can't get a job".

Advertisement
Back