OT (well, kind of) Punishment Excessive?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a message board reply here........but do you really teach your kids to cheat to be successful?

When every single large business in the world is "cheating". You need to cheat to be able to compete with them.
Since its a football message board. Look at football. You have Urban Meyer winnings NCs while covering up Hernandez murdering people. The pouncey twins committing tons of crimes. Among tons of other crimes.

You have Saban winning tons of NCs while covering up tons of crimes of his players. Like the guys getting caught driving around with illegal guns and illegally paying players

Jimbo winning an NC while covering up a rape, domestic abuse, and tons of other crimes.

Dabo winning an NC covering up tons of crime and illegally paying players.

Then you have the goodie goodies that want to "play fair" and they never even sniff the playoffs.

The people that would argue that, are the same ones that consider being a manager at McDonalds with full health benefits as being "successful".
Haha, Hater you are particularly disagreeable this evening. Look at it this way. A very simple definition of Integrity is doing what you said you would do. Is this lack of integrity not the very same thing that has us infuriated at the Miami administration with all their claims of building a national champion? And we know it’s all bull****.

Advertisement
When every single large business in the world is "cheating". You need to cheat to be able to compete with them.
Since its a football message board. Look at football. You have Urban Meyer winnings NCs while covering up Hernandez murdering people. The pouncey twins committing tons of crimes. Among tons of other crimes.

You have Saban winning tons of NCs while covering up tons of crimes of his players. Like the guys getting caught driving around with illegal guns and illegally paying players

Jimbo winning an NC while covering up a rape, domestic abuse, and tons of other crimes.

Then you have the goodie goodies that want to "play fair" and they never even sniff the playoffs.
That's a lengthy "current affair of college football" reply. But I was hoping yes or no from you. In life in general, do you teach your kids to cheat to be successful in life?

I mean... its a tough pill to swallow... but you are not wrong. 🤷‍♂️ Banks are too big to fail, politicians are too powerful to prosecute... etc.

Haha, Hater you are particularly disagreeable this evening. Look at it this way. A very simple definition of Integrity is doing what you said you would do. Is this lack of integrity not the very same thing that has us infuriated at the Miami administration with all their claims of building a national champion? And we know it’s all bull****.

I don't really think they are purposely ******** the program over though. They are saying "we are trying to build a NC program" and I think they are just in over their heads.

Also, I was going off "the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. " It is great to be honest, but lets not kid ourselves by saying the top people in all walks of life, got to that point by being honest.

Advertisement
Knowing only probably 10% or less of the details I will opine. Seems excessive and punishes the other innocent players. Perhaps get a staff member to be interim.
Did you read the article?
The school wanted to show the students the gravity of cheating. Yes other students were "unfairly" affected by this but imagine how strong of lesson this would be for those young men.

That's a lengthy "current affair of college football" reply. But I was hoping yes or no from you. In life in general, do you teach your kids to cheat to be successful in life?

The short answer is no, I don't straight up say "Listen kids, make sure you cheat on everyone of your tests this week or you will be going to school with black eyes this week".

However, I do explain that you need to do whatever it takes to be successful. If that means bending, breaking, or finding loopholes in the rules. So be it. Everyone else is going to be doing the same thing.

Did you read the article?
The school wanted to show the students the gravity of cheating. Yes other students were "unfairly" affected by this but imagine how strong of lesson this would be for those young men.

For anyone with an IQ over 50, they learned one valuable lesson. Next time don't cheat like an 8 year old character in a children's film. Cheat like an adult, pay off someone to make sure whatever crime the kid did never reaches the HS football board. Pay off the victim to not report the crime. Etc.

I don't really think they are purposely ******** the program over though. They are saying "we are trying to build a NC program" and I think they are just in over their heads.

Also, I was going off "the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. " It is great to be honest, but lets not kid ourselves by saying the top people in all walks of life, got to that point by being honest.
No but those people will pay the price for that somehow.

Advertisement
Back