OT: Wade vs. Marino

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
lol Wade was trash before Lebron came and saved his career. He was lazy there were rumors Pat Riley was about to trade him. Before Lebron the last time the Heat were relevant at all in the NBA was when Shaq carried Wade with Alonzo, Gary Payton, and Antoine Walker all on the most loaded roster in the NBA at the time. Soon as Shaq was done, Wade couldn’t even carry the Heat in the sorry East by himself...couldn’t even carry the Heat to be a playoff threat let along a conference finals threat.
you arent supporsed to show everyone you are stupid. you are supposed to let them think it.

went to the playoffs 05 (2nd round), and then won it in 06.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How so? Wade was the loyal guy, he was never the alpha dog. Wade has 0 titles if Shaq and Lebron never come.
Wade absolutely was the alpha on that Miami Heat 06 team. Not even a debate for a true heat fan who led that team. Shaq was in the waning stages of his career. This wasn’t late 90’s early 2000 lakers shaq we are talking about when he was traded to Miami. Plus wade led Miami to the eastern conference finals and lost 3-4 and was 1 game away from going to the finals in just his 2nd year 2005. And Michael Jordan couldn’t get out of the first round of the playoffs until the bulls got Scottie Pippen. You see how that works? That’s a silly statement right? Who cares... everyone needs players around them to win titles

if Lebron James had the same career as DWade he would get destroyed in the media and his career called a failure. Two different levels.

Wade absolutely was the alpha on that Miami Heat 06 team. Not even a debate for a true heat fan who led that team. Shaq was in the waning stages of his career. This wasn’t late 90’s early 2000 lakers shaq we are talking about when he was traded to Miami. Plus wade led Miami to the eastern conference finals and lost 3-4 and was 1 game away from going to the finals in just his 2nd year 2005. And Michael Jordan couldn’t get out of the first round of the playoffs until the bulls got Scottie Pippen. You see how that works? That’s a silly statement right? Who cares... everyone needs players around them to win titles

Smoltz won a Cy Young so is in the HOF. Wade won a finals MVP and will be in the HOF. Both were guys that were top 15 or 20 in their sport during their time. Wade was only first-team All-NBA two times. Dwight Howard was 1st team All-NBA more.

Advertisement
it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.
Reported for spam

Sup fellas. I love Dwyane Wade like you wouldn't believe and respect everything he's accomplished and done for Miami. With that said, who is the bigger Miami sports icon: Wade or Marino? Wade got them rings, but Marino was arguably the most talented passer of his era. I don't know why but Marino to me had this ethereal quality that Wade just doesn't have, kind of the same ethereal/superhuman quality that Sean Taylor had. To me, he is still the greatest professional athlete of all time to call the 3-0-5 his home. I'm curious as to what others think. Thanks for your time. ✌🏽
You said Marino🤣🤣🤣🤣 before Wade yall had Rony lol please stop

it says a lot about Miami sports that DWade is hyped like he is an all time great talent by its fan base. Aside from some good but never great moments in his career, Wade was always somebody I saw play and was like he’s not elite or great at anything on the court.
Aye bruh..you be saying some stupid outlandish *** ****...and I respect it

Advertisement
Advertisement
How so? Wade was the loyal guy, he was never the alpha dog. Wade has 0 titles if Shaq and Lebron never come.

Lol Shaq could barely run up the court consistently by that time. Remember when the Pistons ran him, Kobe and 2 other HOFs off the court to end the Lakers run. That was the end of dominate Shaq as well. He averaged 13 and 10 in the '06 Finals while Wade threw his fat *** and everyone else on his back to a title.

Another thing, Wade should have 4 rings if LeBron didn't choke that first year. He was the best player in that series, yes even better than Dirk. But LeBron played his all time worse and cost Miami that series. LeBron was a career choker until Wade taught him how to lead and close.

Marino wins this and it's not close. Every year Marino was QB there was legitimate hope for the Super Bowl. It's just that back then he played with some of the worst RBs and worst defenses of any player in any era. That is not hyperbole. Marino played with **** RBs like Karim Abdul-Jabbar, Bernie Parmalee, and Terry Kirby. Those are the RBs I can actually remember. Come to think about it, he played with some scrub named John Avery, too.

Marino's defenses consisted of trash like JB Brown, Jeff Cross, and Louis Oliver....as mainstays of the defense! It was an embarrassment that the team never surrounded him with an adequate RB or defense. And to be honest, once Duper and Clayton retired, it was very spotty at WR in the mid/late 90's. He played with an old Irving Fryar, a slow Oronde Gadsden, and a hodgepodge of other subpar WRs. If the Miami defense of the early 2000s (Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Brock Marion, Daryl Gardener, Tim Bowens, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, etc) had played with Marino in his prime, Marino would have had a title. Facts.

Fair take. How many does Kobe have wo Gasol or Shaq ?

the difference is Kobe was an alpha that carried his own weight and Wade just took credit off the backs of real superstar talent that carried him While he was too busy painting his nails aand modeling with female clothes on instead of working on that brick he had for a jump shot

Advertisement
Back