OT: Under Armour cancelling UCLA contract

Adidas will be coming back to dump another massive amount of cash on us soon.

Win or lose we are still a top national brand. UCLA doesn't belong in the same conversation as us when it comes to that.

Agreed.

But this is still a shocking development. It's not like UCLA was winning championships in 2015 and then just decided to stop when UA signed them.

UCLA has been bad for a while. UA gambled with UCLA to get the LA market, and failed miserably.

Miami may not have won a lot of titles since 2015, but we are still solid as a brand and we are in a geographic/sports area to be a good partner for adidas.

Advertisement
Nike is dead to me. We were their FIRST national all-apparel university contract, and they should have kept us for that reason alone. ****, they TOOK ON the UCF contract because Jordan's kids transferred there. They weren't even great basketball players, and they don't do anything for UCF as alums, but Nike wrote a huge check to UCF for Jordan's less-talented KIDS.

So anyone arguing "Nike made a business decision to drop UM", go fvck yourselves.

Nike also treated us like garbage for the last 10 years of our marriage. Fvck Nike.

I tossed all but a couple pairs of my Nikes and all my Nike apparel (excluding UM jerseys) when we switched to adidas, and that is no joke, and no exaggeration.

Bro; lol....Ease up.

First off, IT’S JORDAN’S KIDS, BRO! Lol. U know; the guy that MADE NIKE. Lol. If MJ doesn’t sign w Nike, there is no Nike as we know them. They would be Adidas. So yeah; it’s kinda a big deal to kiss his ***.

And how did they treat us like trash when we were the first school given their newest jersey tech? We were their first pro combat school, first fly knit school, and they gave us a pretty sweet new uni in 2014 w their latest tech.

Now, pls understand, Mr Knight, u know the co-founder of Nike, said fck the dumb chit, and poured a ton of money into his own alma mater. Nepotism? Yes, but there’s a reason Germany Adidas kits are better than say Argentina. There’s a reason Maryland gets all the latest UA gear (I chuckled b/c I don’t even know what that means anymore)....b/c of nepotism.

Miami hasn’t held its end of the bargain; **** even UCF has held their end on the football field. They’re not holding their end w Adidas either. Had we got rid of Golden, our contract would’ve been different. They didn’t fight for us b/c we didn’t fight for us, but they still have a lot of love for us and have released more Hurricane themed silhouettes than our current sponsor. If anything; u should be ****ed off that Adidas gave our Miami Nights theme to FIU WHEN THEY PLAYED US.

Adidas will be coming back to dump another massive amount of cash on us soon.

Win or lose we are still a top national brand. UCLA doesn't belong in the same conversation as us when it comes to that.

They literally will not. Lol. That’s not an assumption; Adidas is having a lot of legal issues w/in the collegiate realm right now. Furthermore, they are not making the returns on their investments w us, thus far.

Bro; lol....Ease up.

First off, IT’S JORDAN’S KIDS, BRO! Lol. U know; the guy that MADE NIKE. Lol. If MJ doesn’t sign w Nike, there is no Nike as we know them. They would be Adidas. So yeah; it’s kinda a big deal to kiss his ***.

And how did they treat us like trash when we were the first school given their newest jersey tech? We were their first pro combat school, first fly knit school, and they gave us a pretty sweet new uni in 2014 w their latest tech.

Now, pls understand, Mr Knight, u know the co-founder of Nike, said fck the dumb chit, and poured a ton of money into his own alma mater. Nepotism? Yes, but there’s a reason Germany Adidas kits are better than say Argentina. There’s a reason Maryland gets all the latest UA gear (I chuckled b/c I don’t even know what that means anymore)....b/c of nepotism.

Miami hasn’t held its end of the bargain; **** even UCF has held their end on the football field. They’re not holding their end w Adidas either. Had we got rid of Golden, our contract would’ve been different. They didn’t fight for us b/c we didn’t fight for us, but they still have a lot of love for us and have released more Hurricane themed silhouettes than our current sponsor. If anything; u should be ****ed off that Adidas gave our Miami Nights theme to FIU WHEN THEY PLAYED US.

I’m going to have to agree with @TheOriginalCane , so that’s gonna have to be a no from me, dawg. 😂

Advertisement
Bro; lol....Ease up.

Why do I have to smack the Nike d!ck out of your mouth?

I'm not going to ease up. I didn't say one word about Nike giving a sweet deal to North Carolina. But UCF? Give me a ******* break, and stop talking to me about Jordan's untalented kids.

When Nike signed Jordan, they were desperate. When Jordan signed with Nike, adidas (his preferred choice) was a mess. Don't act like both sides didn't get incredibly lucky. ****, as The Last Dance (and some subsequent articles) made clear, Jordan might have even left Nike after the Air Jordan 2. It was the Air Jordan 3 that saved the deal.

And cut the crap on the "jersey tech". You know **** well that the design of our jerseys has been trash ever since they switched off of the classic jerseys from the last national championship team. We had one craptastic jersey after another, they fvcked with our helmet, they created the "clam" in order NOT to pay us to use Sebastian on gear, and the apparel was THE WORST. It was just the same design they used for every other school, but in a different colorway. ****, adidas is making TO Chain gear for us, nobody put a gun to their head, they just saw opportunity.

And for the love of God, please stop bullsh!tting with that asinine "Nike still has a lot of love for us" nonsense. ***** that. If anything, it is PROOF that the Nike people are a bunch of lying scumbags. If they are releasing "more Hurricane themed silhouettes" (and who in the **** even knows what that means), then it would indicate that "Hurricane themed" stuff CONTINUES TO SELL. In which case, the "business decision" to drop UM and move on to other schools (the motherfugging Gaytor?) was just a big lie.

I'll make it simple for you. If Nike loved us so much, they could have paid us. We were Nike's first wife, and they dumped us. I could live with being third behind Oregon and UNC. But UCF and The Gaytor? Give me a break.

Fvck Nike. Dead to me.

I know what your log-in name is, but I am really real when it comes to my alma mater.

For the record, Relly, you know I'm using a tiny bit of mock outrage directed towards you (for your Nike love), but my hatred of Nike is not exaggerated at all.

I'm still mad. Fatwa for life.

Advertisement
They literally will not. Lol. That’s not an assumption; Adidas is having a lot of legal issues w/in the collegiate realm right now. Furthermore, they are not making the returns on their investments w us, thus far.

Sure they are. We are one of the most recognizable brands in all of college football. There aren't many of them out there.

There is a big difference between W/L and $$ and we are still a massive draw.

Last edited:
Sure they are. We are one of the most recognizable brands in all of college football. There aren't many of them out there.

There is a big difference between W/L and $$ and we are still a massive draw.

Bro; those are old articles.
This is what it’s all about right here:

Mississippi and Arkansas?

48C5A102-6004-4910-96B9-090F63806719.gif

Advertisement

That's not the same thing at all. That's based on revenue dollars produced. Most of that is TV money.

The U brand is totally different than that. It carries a ton more weight and influence than most of those teams,

It's stillca flagship type brand for any manufacturer.

Why do I have to smack the Nike d!ck out of your mouth?

I'm not going to ease up. I didn't say one word about Nike giving a sweet deal to North Carolina. But UCF? Give me a ******* break, and stop talking to me about Jordan's untalented kids.

When Nike signed Jordan, they were desperate. When Jordan signed with Nike, adidas (his preferred choice) was a mess. Don't act like both sides didn't get incredibly lucky. ****, as The Last Dance (and some subsequent articles) made clear, Jordan might have even left Nike after the Air Jordan 2. It was the Air Jordan 3 that saved the deal.

And cut the crap on the "jersey tech". You know **** well that the design of our jerseys has been trash ever since they switched off of the classic jerseys from the last national championship team. We had one craptastic jersey after another, they fvcked with our helmet, they created the "clam" in order NOT to pay us to use Sebastian on gear, and the apparel was THE WORST. It was just the same design they used for every other school, but in a different colorway. ****, adidas is making TO Chain gear for us, nobody put a gun to their head, they just saw opportunity.

And for the love of God, please stop bullsh!tting with that asinine "Nike still has a lot of love for us" nonsense. ***** that. If anything, it is PROOF that the Nike people are a bunch of lying scumbags. If they are releasing "more Hurricane themed silhouettes" (and who in the **** even knows what that means), then it would indicate that "Hurricane themed" stuff CONTINUES TO SELL. In which case, the "business decision" to drop UM and move on to other schools (the motherfugging Gaytor?) was just a big lie.

I'll make it simple for you. If Nike loved us so much, they could have paid us. We were Nike's first wife, and they dumped us. I could live with being third behind Oregon and UNC. But UCF and The Gaytor? Give me a break.

Fvck Nike. Dead to me.

I know what your log-in name is, but I am really real when it comes to my alma mater.

I hear ur anger, and rightly so. I agree w u on many points. They didn’t dump us, as opposed to not matching Adidas’ overvalued bid. Adidas is having buyers remorse; trust me. Adidas took a huge risk on us, and shame on us for just collecting a check after the chance they took on us. I told everyone here that if we don’t return the favor, you will see Adidas slow their hype on us like they did Michigan, which they’ve already done. UDub & Az St are their new babies, w KU as their dirty mistress b/c of all the dirt their in.

Your view of Nike is what it is I’m very connected in the shoe industry both on the Adidas front (although that will change shortly as my homegirl already accepted a position w Jordan Wings program), and Nike (due to a frat brother working for Nike, and my client is Howard White’s nephew (VP of Jordan Brand)).

At the end of the day, off strength on how we helped Nike get into the apparel sponsorship business, u’re absolutely correct....but being that I work in Corporate America, as I’m sure most here do, these new regimes can give two fcks about loyalty. ****, I’m experiencing that now w my current job; one bad QUARTER out of my 14 yrs w/ them, handling millions in premium that I acquired on my own, and they are like ‘what the fck have u done for me lately....do we have to go a different direction?’

We just need to make good on what we have. Adidas have tried to do right by us w listening to our complaints on jersey designs and hooking us up w Parley (although we are now 0-2 in them bihs, lol). At the end of the day, I am a Nike guy for several reasons, but my point is if we don’t get our chit together, our next contract ain’t going to be chit. We won’t get dropped; Financially Adidas is much, much stronger than UA....but we won’t get the same love.

I think this is what it's about.

Investing in program=winning=revenue

Miami is stuck in a cycle of suck because it seems we have terrible business people making decisions. They don't understand how spending the money will more than pay for itself.

If Diaz doesn't work out, and God willing Miami says it will write a blank check for the next HC, who would be worth a monster contract (besides Dabo, Saban, and Meyer)?

Also I'm fine with Adidas. If not them, then maybe Amazon will want to get in the apparel business. They are going to own the world anyways in 20 years.

Advertisement
That's not the same thing at all. That's based on revenue dollars produced. Most of that is TV money.

The U brand is totally different than that. It carries a ton more weight and influence than most of those teams,

It's stillca flagship type brand for any manufacturer.

This was an interesting read, and it’s something that I don’t think we do well with taking advantage of; this could be why Adidas rewarded U-Dub such a handsome contract.

I think this is what it's about.

Investing in program=winning=revenue

Miami is stuck in a cycle of suck because it seems we have terrible business people making decisions. They don't understand how spending the money will more than pay for itself.

If Diaz doesn't work out, and God willing Miami says it will write a blank check for the next HC, who would be worth a monster contract (besides Dabo, Saban, and Meyer)?

Also I'm fine with Adidas. If not them, then maybe Amazon will want to get in the apparel business. They are going to own the world anyways in 20 years.

Boom! (No Pun intended on your name, lol)

I’ve said it before; Nike, Adidas, Revlon, Amazon, who gives af....we are allowing the market to set us v. us setting the market. We are bleeding $, pimp. We’re bleeding $ b/c of **** poor decisions. Our baseball, football, soccer, and track & field programs should be elite...****, even our golf program just due to the natural resource around. By far, and u know I’m a Cali boy, but by far, Miami has thee best natural recruiting grounds for those aforementioned sports.

We are not investing, like at all. Clemson went from the dumps, to one of the most profitable in a 5 yr span. I don’t get why we don’t understand this concept.

Advertisement
Back