OT: Tyrique Stevenson arrested

Advertisement
So he’s a POS cause he ain’t sign with Miami lmao. Getting “mouthy” warrants a arrest..not supposed to in America
The dude basically lived on campus and hung out in the dorms with our players. He attended almost every home game for 2 years and multiple practices. We basically rolled out several red carpets for him. So it’s not as simple as he didn’t pick Miami.
As far as the arrest. I’ve seen guys basically call cops pigs and a-holes. I’ve heard cops get called racist, ****, power abusers,
I pay for your salary they tell them. And I’ve seen a lmost cops just walk away from that and even more.
You know why? Cause most cops hear that sht all the **** time.
Just like everything else that goes down in these college towns with players; were not hearing the whole story. The official report will be changed and the kid will get a slap on the wrist. I’m sure Athens police have never ever ever ran into any problems
With a young drunk or mouthy football player. I mean I’m sure the cop was so surprised to see a young man out so late maybe a few drinks and maybe popping off at the mouth. It’s probably happened only like once or twice in the history of that department right?

Don't even know why they write this up as a crime...it's a catch-all for all kinds of sundry things.....like yelling too loud in a drunken manner outside the bar at 3am.

If they could hear me grunting during my morning dump they'd write me. Especially if that old lady in the upstairs apartment can hear me and gets tired of calling the front desk cause she thinks somebody's about to expire.

Very often you would charge someone with disorderly conduct to cut them a break since it's almost always the lowest level misdemeanor available. If you don't want to jam up someone really bad with a high misdemeanor or even a felony you can charge them with DC. Could also be used to not get an underaged kid in bigger trouble with possible no tolerance policies for drinking alcohol or to protect the business that was the source of the alcohol. I am sure things like that happen often in a college town.

I never said I knew all the details . If you took the time and read, I stated I’m basing it off the rumors coming from the UGA board. But a argument with a 17-18 year old should not end in a arrest..I’m not even gonna bring in the race part of it..but take a lap and a nap and take the time and read next time

That was your first mistake.

Second, in what logical sense can you definitely say that an 18-year old should not be arrested for getting into an argument with an officer. If I understand correctly, by the letter of the law, you're adult when you hit 18.

But but but there's less trouble outside of Miami..........
KITTEN.gif

Advertisement
There are plenty of 17-18 yr olds that are full of **** and vinegar and willing to mouth off. LEOs can NOT allow that to happen. You can guarantee that it won't be the last time if you don't address it immediately.

There are plenty of 17-18 yr olds that are full of **** and vinegar and willing to mouth off. LEOs can NOT allow that to happen. You can guarantee that it won't be the last time if you don't address it immediately.

If there was a real crime, he would have been charged with something other than a disorderly conduct. We shouldn't trust middling simpletons with guns to subjectively analyze whether a child should be arrested for acting in a "tumultuous manner toward another person."

Don't understand these rah-rah police-officers-can-do-no-wrong types. Surprisingly, these are the same people that have guns and don't trust the gubiment to do anything. You know they have unions too, right?

Advertisement
This is true. But the cop should be able to defuse the situation. In no way should a argument with a 17-18 year old lead to the kid spending time in cuffs at a precinct. In order to flex the authority they have.
Knowing absolutely nothing about what actually occurred, you just blindly assume the police are at fault? Wow. Disorderly conduct is actually designed for situations like losing your temper and getting out of hand in public and then getting hostile with cops when they try and calm you down. Total fail on your post.

So he’s a POS cause he ain’t sign with Miami lmao. Getting “mouthy” warrants a arrest..not supposed to in America
You really need to go educate yourself on what the statutory charge of disorderly conduct is all about. Your comments couldn't be more off the mark.

If there was a real crime, he would have been charged with something other than a disorderly conduct. We shouldn't trust middling simpletons with guns to subjectively analyze whether a child should be arrested for acting in a "tumultuous manner toward another person."

Don't understand these rah-rah police-officers-can-do-no-wrong types. Surprisingly, these are the same people that have guns and don't trust the gubiment to do anything. You know they have unions too, right?
The more posts of yours i read, the more clear it becomes that you are simply a police hater.

An 80 yr old mouthing off to a cop will get a lot more leeway than a 17 yr old. If you've ever dealt with belligerent kids, you'd know that you have to stay in charge because once you cede control, your problems will multiply.

I'm not saying police do no wrong, but I'd never call them "middling simpletons" either. They're doing a ****** job for little appreciation. I'm also hesitant to define the entire group by the actions of a few and assume the worst in every situation.

Advertisement

I said earlier in the thread that DC can be used to lessen the consequences of a worse crime. Obviously that's not what would be in the police report...I would just write up the PC for disorderly....but using officer discretion I could decide to lessen the potential legal..and personal/professional consequences of charging a suspect with a greater crime. I have a feeling that's what happened here. It protects the player...the university...and any other parties that might involved since it was 99% likely a "victimless crime."

In more relatable terms for most people...it's getting a seat belt ticket instead of the speeding ticket that you were originally pulled over for.

An 80 yr old mouthing off to a cop will get a lot more leeway than a 17 yr old. If you've ever dealt with belligerent kids, you'd know that you have to stay in charge because once you cede control, your problems will multiply.

I'm not saying police do no wrong, but I'd never call them "middling simpletons" either. They're doing a ****** job for little appreciation. I'm also hesitant to define the entire group by the actions of a few and assume the worst in every situation.

The sensitivities you subscribe to are telling. You had no problem painting 17-18 year olds with a broad brush, but get touchy when I make a disparaging remark about the police. Think about the people you went to high school who became police officers - how many of them graduated with honors or at the top of your class?

Kids are ****** at times and disrespectful to POs - no disagreement on that front. Still doesn’t mean that a kid should be arrested on a BS charges that will never go to trial (and will likely plea to a non-criminal violation) AND have $1000 bail set. Imagine a scenario where a kid is sitting in jail for a week for an otherwise BS case? That scenario wouldn’t be possible without an ego-driven ****ing initiated by a public servant.

Advertisement
The more posts of yours i read, the more clear it becomes that you are simply a police hater.

I bet you’re the type that hates big government and public unions. Be consistent.

I have many friends that are cops, how could I be a cop hater?

I bet you’re the type that hates big government and public unions. Be consistent.

I have many friends that are cops, how could I be a cop hater?
Did you just drop the law enforcement equivalent of "I'm not a racist, I have a friend that's black"?

Advertisement
Back