OT: Tyrique Stevenson arrested

Some or most probably do. Racism isn't exclusive to any ethnicity and fortunately racism is in the decline.

Try being me, a white dude in African American community in Miami, or elsewhere in the entire country. Try being me in Little Havana walking around with some hot Latina. You don't think there's potential for comments or who knows what? By and large, people aren't going to mess with you, but some will. I've been in all kinds of places, mostly never bothered with, but on occasion I was.

LMAO at people labeling entire states and fanbases something. Bunch of lames need to get out more.
Racism isn't on the decline. Just ask these brothers and sisters getting beaten and killed by cops everyday.

Advertisement
Some or most probably do. Racism isn't exclusive to any ethnicity and fortunately racism is in the decline.

Try being me, a white dude in African American community in Miami, or elsewhere in the entire country. Try being me in Little Havana walking around with some hot Latina. You don't think there's potential for comments or who knows what? By and large, people aren't going to mess with you, but some will. I've been in all kinds of places, mostly never bothered with, but on occasion I was.

LMAO at people labeling entire states and fanbases something. Bunch of lames need to get out more.

Racism is in decline? Maybe compared to the Jim Crow days, but seems to me like ever since Obama took office those good ol' boys have been in an uproar. To me, racism seems to be at an all time high right now. It feels like over the last couple of years the klan has made it a prerogative to spew their 💩 and let the world know how they feel with no fuggs given.

You really believe that a white dude gets it the same way? C'mon now, don't compare some stares or slick comments you'll get to what black people and/or other minority groups face on a day to day basis. It just doesn't happen like that. You my friend are the one that probably needs to get out more.

And I doubt anyone is saying an entire state or fanbase is racist. However, it's fair to say that it's much more prevalent in fan bases and/or states such as Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, etc. than it is in say for a place like Miami or Southern Cal.

Last edited:
Racism is at an all-time high in this country. No doubt.

Am embarrassed as to how these bigots were able to run out of their caves with little repercussion.

In a softer way, Diaz is actively telling recruits that playing for the SEC is akin to playing for bigots. He is being much more subtle, but believe me he is getting the point across.

If you want to expose a troll, say that the SEC is a bastion for the KKK. They know it is true and it is their only weak link. They have Foundations that can pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to players and they have monstrous stadiums. UM's advantages are its location, its private school status and ranking, the city's diversity, the fact that it is "home" and its elite history.

Recruits read the Board. Tell them the truth. The SEC is the KKK. Help Diaz out!

A Racist??....Maannn...STFU....I have a Black American Tattooed on my leg, with countless Pics of Black Americans hanging on my walls,...but I'm a Racist??....Lol....

You really aren't that bright, but that's okay. You love the Canes and that's good enough for me.

Advertisement
Racism is at an all-time high in this country. No doubt.
I'm not interested in wading into a discussion about racism on a canes football forum, and you make some solid points in your post. But you lose a lot of credibility when you make ridiculous statements of hyperbole like that one above. Pretty confident in saying the "all-time high" of racism in this country would be the periods of time during slavery and later during jim crow, not 2019.

I'm not interested in wading into a discussion about racism on a canes football forum, and you make some solid points in your post. But you lose a lot of credibility when you make ridiculous statements of hyperbole like that one above. Pretty confident in saying the "all-time high" of racism in this country would be the periods of time during slavery and later during jim crow, not 2019.

Agreed.

I erroneously believed that bigotry would almost entirely dissipate after the country elected Obama President. I was wrong. It does seem that bigotry is at a 40-year acme, though.

If these MIami players want to leave the city, at least venture to Stanford, USC, UCLA... We abhor Notre Dame, but at least it is an elite school. Why would these players choose to live in the most bigoted area of the country.

Either way, it is our duty to help Diaz spread the dark truth of "SEC country"!

Agreed.

I erroneously believed that bigotry would almost entirely dissipate after the country elected Obama President. I was wrong. It does seem that bigotry is at a 40-year acme, though.

If these MIami players want to leave the city, at least venture to Stanford, USC, UCLA... We abhor Notre Dame, but at least it is an elite school. Why would these players choose to live in the most bigoted area of the country.

Either way, it is our duty to help Diaz spread the dark truth of "SEC country"!
if anything the Obama Regime made racism and hatred even deeper on both sides by constantly race baiting

Advertisement
Racism is in decline? Maybe compared to the Jim Crow days, but seems to me like ever since Obama took office those good ol' boys have been in an uproar. To me, racism seems to be at an all time high right now. It feels like over the last couple of years the klan has made it a prerogative to spew their 💩 and let the world know how they feel with no fuggs given.

You really believe that a white dude gets it the same way? C'mon now, don't compare some stares or slick comments you'll get to what black people and/or other minority groups face on a day to day basis. It just doesn't happen like that. You my friend are the one that probably needs to get out more.

And I doubt anyone is saying an entire state or fanbase is racist. However, it's fair to say that it's much more prevalent in fan bases and/or states such as Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, etc. than it is in say for a place like Miami or Southern Cal.

Dude, the Klan is in a massive decline. It has been for years now and is nearly extinct. If you're hearing whatever, it's due to more coverage due to those types of words and ignorance not being acceptable or tolerated anymore. Those instances are not the norm and usually the work of some ignorant *** uneducated *******. Some of those Asswipes though have changed their approach and try to sell their garbage in a more intelligent manner. Splintered off groups, small in membership, but spread out have little impact as they often times work against one another.

The greatest combatant to racism is education on the matter.

The guy who said cops, it's better than it's ever been for minorities. It isn't perfect by any means, but with dashcams and body cams, treatment that is illegal is also on the decline. There's a reason hundreds of millions of dollars are being spent on that technology. Again, things aren't perfect and there will be isolated cases, but the vast majority of police encounters go without a hitch.

Still a long way to go and it'll never be perfect. This thread in itself shows some racial tendencies. One comment talked about white donors at Southern schools not giving a **** about players when they depart or fall on their face. How is any of the commentary different here, wishing this once coveted player, fall on his face? I want all men and women to succeed, but when it comes to this football team, I just hope put succeed a bit more.

You’re equating racism with us who don’t give a **** of Stevenson falls on a face b/c he sold out and spurned his home team for some rednecks in ga? I don’t care if he’s white ir black, I have the same stance. You’re reaching.

Advertisement
Back