OT: Tragedy on Campus

Brandinho

Section 139
Premium
Late last night around 1:30 a.m. I was walking back to my car from the library only to find the parking lot flooded with about 6 or 7 police cruisers and an ambulance.

Obviously, I knew something was going down, I hoped it wasn't serious. Woke up today to find out that a UM senior and Palmer Trinity alum (allegedly) fell from atop the communications school building and passed away.

Prayers out for him and his family as we have lost a cane.

Also, if you guys hadn't heard/seen it on the news, last Wednesday at UM, a girl giving a presentation in class said something along the lines of "If I wanted to I can shoot you all up right now." Also at FIU, someone sent a text to the police station at FIU saying "FIU is going to be all over the news tonight."

These 3 incidents all occurring within a week of each other has me so shook, what the f is going on man...

Advertisement
So many crazy things are going on thay I've gotten my self prepared to defend myself if the occasion arises.

Advertisement
You're shook by some ****** who was either drunk or acting a fool falling off a roof and some stupid privileged bytch claiming she could shoot people? Buck up.

that's why I always role with one of these:

3pyxzzfhayb1q9lgt0wmr2ikd.1000x569x1.jpg

Advertisement

That thing is some kind of heavy by the end of the day. A basic load of 400 rounds of ammo is worser.

On full auto, it's like a powerful garden hose - you can see the bullets and walk them in right on target - nothing like it in that aspect.

BUT. You can clear a small room in no time flat.

Prayers for the young man and his family. I feel for his parents. The Bible says it is a blessing to die before your children. One of my sisters died before our mother. I never understood that Scripture until I watch my mom throw herself into my sister's grave as they lowered the coffin. Requiescat in pace Estefano.

In the 1970's A high school kid in the gifted math program committed suicide from that same building I believe.

Advertisement

That thing is some kind of heavy by the end of the day. A basic load of 400 rounds of ammo is worser.

On full auto, it's like a powerful garden hose - you can see the bullets and walk them in right on target - nothing like it in that aspect.

Strangely, a Constitutional Law professor of mine came into room one night, looked up as us and said seriously, "What would you do if I came in here one night with a pair of Thompsons and bag of hand grenades and played who can reach me." It was, even then, a little unnerving. I remember thinking those guns climb and pull to one side as you fire, trying to figure out the sweet spot in the room. In the end I gave up and raised my hand. "Professor, I believe I would be force to Second Amend your crazy a..." He laughed and said "with what, young man." Fortunately I was licensed to carry and as crazy as him, so I eased the Browning 9mm Hi Power from under my jacket. "This." Guy laughed, "well you get an A tonight". Then he looked down muttered "and made number one on my target list".

My old Dad's words came back to me. "Boy, don't ever take a gun out unless you are going to kill someone." Moral, carry heavy but don't let anyone know until you start firing.

Advertisement

Strangely, a Constitutional Law professor of mine came into room one night, looked up as us and said seriously, "What would you do if I came in here one night with a pair of Thompsons and bag of hand grenades and played who can reach me." It was, even then, a little unnerving. I remember thinking those guns climb and pull to one side as you fire, trying to figure out the sweet spot in the room. In the end I gave up and raised my hand. "Professor, I believe I would be force to Second Amend your crazy a..." He laughed and said "with what, young man." Fortunately I was licensed to carry and as crazy as him, so I eased the Browning 9mm Hi Power from under my jacket. "This." Guy laughed, "well you get an A tonight". Then he looked down muttered "and made number one on my target list".

My old Dad's words came back to me. "Boy, don't ever take a gun out unless you are going to kill someone." Moral, carry heavy but don't let anyone know until you start firing.

i'd be more impressed that he'd have the $40-70k to drop on a couple of thompsons.

Do we know the context of the presentation that the girl was giving? Was it about gun laws? Because if it was, then her statement wouldn't be at all alarming. A statement like that could be used for impact depending on the topic.

Maybe the person that sent the text to the police was referring to a sports event and just wanted 5-0 to know. I'm sure they'd hate to miss a big FIU upset.

Im sure the investigating detectives would like to know where the OP was during the time of this "accident". Hope you have a rock solid alibi.

Also, what does Mark Richt thing about all this?

Advertisement
Back