OT: Tragedy on Campus

that's why I always role with one of these:

3pyxzzfhayb1q9lgt0wmr2ikd.1000x569x1.jpg

That thing is some kind of heavy by the end of the day. A basic load of 400 rounds of ammo is worser.

On full auto, it's like a powerful garden hose - you can see the bullets and walk them in right on target - nothing like it in that aspect.

BUT. You can clear a small room in no time flat.

Strangely, a Constitutional Law professor of mine came into room one night, looked up as us and said seriously, "What would you do if I came in here one night with a pair of Thompsons and bag of hand grenades and played who can reach me." It was, even then, a little unnerving. I remember thinking those guns climb and pull to one side as you fire, trying to figure out the sweet spot in the room. In the end I gave up and raised my hand. "Professor, I believe I would be force to Second Amend your crazy a..." He laughed and said "with what, young man." Fortunately I was licensed to carry and as crazy as him, so I eased the Browning 9mm Hi Power from under my jacket. "This." Guy laughed, "well you get an A tonight". Then he looked down muttered "and made number one on my target list".

My old Dad's words came back to me. "Boy, don't ever take a gun out unless you are going to kill someone." Moral, carry heavy but don't let anyone know until you start firing.

i'd be more impressed that he'd have the $40-70k to drop on a couple of thompsons.

Oh he did and actually had those babies. Got to fire them with him a few months later. Dude as WWII Marine. Couple Silver stars plus. Still, not completely all there, but then again what Marine is -- okay Jarheads, no disrespect, I'd follow you guys anywhere. Thompson was not the easiest thing to hold on any target but boy it threw heavy lead. He probably got them cheaper back then(still needed to be bought properly). Back then I picked up a nice quantity of unused surplus M1 Garands still in Cosmoline for $80.00 each. Best money I ever invested. In addition to being a tremendous weapon to reach out and touch someone at distance, their value went through the roof long long ago.

I've gotten old and those big boys are little much for me today. I've had to resort to 5.56 AR types for protection. Still keep a couple of those M1s ready for distance work should the need arise but most of the old military stuff I have locked away -- to frigging valuable to tote around.

Advertisement
Heard the girl giving the presentation handcuffed some kid in the class then said something like "I'd rather just shoot all of you than give this presentation" or something along those lines..
I know she was suspended, probably will be expelled. Think she was also a Veteran, not sure which part of the military she served in though.

Does suck about the kid that just died though. Got a lot of mutual friends posting stuff on FB about him.

Heard the girl giving the presentation handcuffed some kid in the class then said something like "I'd rather just shoot all of you than give this presentation" or something along those lines..
I know she was suspended, probably will be expelled. Think she was also a Veteran, not sure which part of the military she served in though.

Does suck about the kid that just died though. Got a lot of mutual friends posting stuff on FB about him.

You think?! I think you could be a _____________.

Advertisement

Whoa. Hold up. She handcuffed some random kid out of the blue in the class?

that's why I always role with one of these:

3pyxzzfhayb1q9lgt0wmr2ikd.1000x569x1.jpg

That thing is some kind of heavy by the end of the day. A basic load of 400 rounds of ammo is worser.

On full auto, it's like a powerful garden hose - you can see the bullets and walk them in right on target - nothing like it in that aspect.

Strangely, a Constitutional Law professor of mine came into room one night, looked up as us and said seriously, "What would you do if I came in here one night with a pair of Thompsons and bag of hand grenades and played who can reach me." It was, even then, a little unnerving. I remember thinking those guns climb and pull to one side as you fire, trying to figure out the sweet spot in the room. In the end I gave up and raised my hand. "Professor, I believe I would be force to Second Amend your crazy a..." He laughed and said "with what, young man." Fortunately I was licensed to carry and as crazy as him, so I eased the Browning 9mm Hi Power from under my jacket. "This." Guy laughed, "well you get an A tonight". Then he looked down muttered "and made number one on my target list".

My old Dad's words came back to me. "Boy, don't ever take a gun out unless you are going to kill someone." Moral, carry heavy but don't let anyone know until you start firing.

i'd be more impressed that he'd have the $40-70k to drop on a couple of thompsons.

Oh he did and actually had those babies. Got to fire them with him a few months later. Dude as WWII Marine. Couple Silver stars plus. Still, not completely all there, but then again what Marine is -- okay Jarheads, no disrespect, I'd follow you guys anywhere. Thompson was not the easiest thing to hold on any target but boy it threw heavy lead. He probably got them cheaper back then(still needed to be bought properly). Back then I picked up a nice quantity of unused surplus M1 Garands still in Cosmoline for $80.00 each. Best money I ever invested. In addition to being a tremendous weapon to reach out and touch someone at distance, their value went through the roof long long ago.

I've gotten old and those big boys are little much for me today. I've had to resort to 5.56 AR types for protection. Still keep a couple of those M1s ready for distance work should the need arise but most of the old military stuff I have locked away -- to frigging valuable to tote around.

cool story....

I will stick with my Avtomat Kalashnikova Cuatro Siete and a couple of Bananas

Advertisement
You're shook by some ****** who was either drunk or acting a fool falling off a roof and some stupid privileged bytch claiming she could shoot people? Buck up.

Someones son just died.
The hardened toughguy schtick isn't working.

You're shook by some ****** who was either drunk or acting a fool falling off a roof and some stupid privileged bytch claiming she could shoot people? Buck up.

Someones son just died.
The hardened toughguy schtick isn't working.

It wasn't OP's son. Someone's son dies every few minutes. If I got shook up over every one of them I'd be like you.

cool story....

I will stick with my Avtomat Kalashnikova Cuatro Siete and a couple of Bananas

Lot of bang for the buck and the '47's 7.62 has great punch. If you don't like cleaning it is even better. I like accuracy so I give slight nod to AR especially considering the lighter weight. Age has degraded my long range skills so either works for me. Close in I still prefer good old 12 gauge 3 in with sabot slugs alternating with 00 buck. But if we are talking full auto, hard to beat the AK because it like to just keep firing.

I don't know for a fact, but I'm pretty sure. I got some friends in VSO and they were saying she might have been a member.

Advertisement
I feel terrible that this happened, but taken from NBC:

"He and a female friend went to the fifth floor of the building where he tried to jump from one ledge to another but didn't make it, police said.
Aime had asked the girl if she wanted to jump and she said no, police said."

Cmon man...

Apparently he was very drunk after coming back from a sorority semi-formal and insisted (for some reason) to be dropped off at the Comm School. It was here that he got onto the roof where there is currently construction going on and attempted to jump from one building to another on the 5th floor. He didn't make it and died on impact.

Advertisement
Apparently he was very drunk after coming back from a sorority semi-formal and insisted (for some reason) to be dropped off at the Comm School. It was here that he got onto the roof where there is currently construction going on and attempted to jump from one building to another on the 5th floor. He didn't make it and died on impact.

I feel terribly for the young man and his family, but maybe it's better he didn't get to reproduce. RIP.:6e482c_o:

Whoa. Hold up. She handcuffed some random kid out of the blue in the class?

I like girls who own their own handcuffs. How was she dressed?

I don't know for a fact, but I'm pretty sure. I got some friends in VSO and they were saying she might have been a member.

I don't know for a fact, but I'm pretty sure about your tendency to post gossip. I have some friends in the military that would like a word with you.

Advertisement
Back