Soccer OT- The EPL returns

Bundesliga teams also are much wiser with their money...due to the financial restrictions in place from the German Federation. You see these clubs all doing more with less. Even Bayern spends much less than the other superclubs in Europe, and they consistently compete at the highest level. I will always appreciate that. I really love watching that league.

Advertisement
Yes - the Bundesliga has become the best developmental league because they have, as a league, the best academies.
Sure, Barcelona has a great academy and some other big teams do as well, but most of the Bundesliga teams have great academies.
The Bundesliga also will give young players the opportunity to play. Hence why France loses so many players to Germany and why now the English are losing talents like Sancho and others.

And of course, the US you cats get time to play and develop in their academies.
Yep - actually play the young guys and show a growth plan for them, even at the biggest clubs. Also, the German league style I think is the best for the typical American skill set to be developed under.

I hope Dest goes to Bayern instead of Barca. He would have to be an idiot to go to Barca with this turmoil and Bartomeu about to get a no confidence vote. Barca brings in the young guys and will play them, but if it doesn’t work from the word go, they are relegated to the bench and then loans.

I am confident they can finish top 10. Their style of play is very similar to Flick at Bayern Munich with a very high back line and the two wing backs in full attack. It’s makes them vulnerable defensively on the counter but their are banking on scoring more than giving up. I love it.
Bielsa, father of the counterpress. Its how I train my teams. 14 goals in 2 matches. I'd like to see them tighten things up a bit, and I think they will but its exciting. I think the players are also adjusting to the top level. These teams really punish you for mistakes. They miss Ben White as well...Robin Koch is not Ben White in the back...yet.

Bundesliga teams also are much wiser with their money...due to the financial restrictions in place from the German Federation. You see these clubs all doing more with less. Even Bayern spends much less than the other superclubs in Europe, and they consistently compete at the highest level. I will always appreciate that. I really love watching that league.
Yes - that is the rule in Germany. Fans have a stake in the team. Can’t have some Middle East oil king or some Russian Oligarchs come and own majority of the team.

it keeps the teams with the home town traditions. The problem is that in Bundesliga you have 4 top teams and the rest are mediocre. In the EPL, there are 6-8 top clubs because of the money but the spend is ridiculous.

An example, with the $$ that was spent by Barcelona when they bough Coutihno from Liverpool, Bayern with that same amount had Sule, Boateng, Davies, Müller, Neuer, Kimmich and Gnabry (all of which started the Champions League Final). They are smart with their money because they have to be and because they are excellent in finding talent and developing them on the cheap.

Yep - actually play the young guys and show a growth plan for them, even at the biggest clubs. Also, the German league style I think is the best for the typical American skill set to be developed under.

I hope Dest goes to Bayern instead of Barca. He would have to be an idiot to go to Barca with this turmoil and Bartomeu about to get a no confidence vote. Barca brings in the young guys and will play them, but if it doesn’t work from the word go, they are relegated to the bench and then loans.
Agreed - and here is the other thing about the Bundesliga - it’s more beneficial in terms of players health because:
1) they have a 1 month winter break
2) they don’t play the crazy amount of games like the EPL (Carabao Cup, FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League and regular EPL schedule).
Players are able to recover better and have longer careers.

Advertisement
Bielsa, father of the counterpress. Its how I train my teams. 14 goals in 2 matches. I'd like to see them tighten things up a bit, and I think they will but its exciting. I think the players are also adjusting to the top level. These teams really punish you for mistakes. They miss Ben White as well...Robin Koch is not Ben White in the back...yet.
That’s awesome!! The other key is being able to retrieve the ball when you lose it. Gotta be a bulldog and fight for the balls while putting on that pressure.

The lengths that RB Leipzig has to go to for Red Bull to own them is wild, and I love how they are hated for it. But Bayern also does some shady **** with tapping players up to get them to wind down their contracts to get them on a free or get smaller clubs to buy players like Gnabry and buy them a year later. They have absolutely mastered the art of the high profile loan, however.

Yes - that is the rule in Germany. Fans have a stake in the team. Can’t have some Middle East oil king or some Russian Oligarchs come and own majority of the team.

it keeps the teams with the home town traditions. The problem is that in Bundesliga you have 4 top teams and the rest are mediocre. In the EPL, there are 6-8 top clubs because of the money but the spend is ridiculous.

An example, with the $$ that was spent by Barcelona when they bough Coutihno from Liverpool, Bayern with that same amount had Sule, Boateng, Davies, Müller, Neuer, Kimmich and Gnabry (all of which started the Champions League Final). They are smart with their money because they have to be and because they are excellent in finding talent and developing them on the cheap.
Exactly

The lengths that RB Leipzig has to go to for Red Bull to own them is wild, and I love how they are hated for it. But Bayern also does some shady **** with tapping players up to get them to wind down their contracts to get them on a free or get smaller clubs to buy players like Gnabry and buy them a year later. They have absolutely mastered the art of the high profile loan, however.
Ya I respect the game with Bayern though. They had to find creative ways to stay relevant in Europe. And the country looks the other way, because they know they need to have successful clubs in Champions League/Europa.

Advertisement
Hahaha! Yep! Bayern had a back room deal with Werder Bremen where they had them buy Gnabry from ****nal and then after that, they worked with Hoffenheim on a loan while Ribbery and Robben finished up their career.

Fans in Germany hate Leipzig because the found a loop hole and also now hate Hoffenheim owner because of the money. Smart business.

I am a German national team fan but also root for the US otherwise and this is the best talent I have ever seen them assemble in terms of the type of talent that is playing in Europe. In the past, it’s been mostly MLS talent, which will never win anything if that’s the best you can do so very happy to see many playing in the best leagues in the world.
Big Germany fan here too.
Love the Adams kid at Leipzig

our kids’ favorite player for several years has been Timo Werner, so we’ve watched a lot of Red Bull’s and have recently switched to Chelsea with him and Havertz moving there to join Ruediger (who is Sadly out if they can get Rice). Was hoping Ruediger could learn with Thiago Silva to play CB. Havertz playing w Werner should pay dividends for Germany

Aguero is walking wounded every year. Time to move on from him. It’s possible they waited too long to get a good transfer fee for him.

He’s a legend. We’re going to let lol leave on a free when he’s ready. He’s deserved that. (Learn something, Barca)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big Germany fan here too.
Love the Adams kid at Leipzig

our kids’ favorite player for several years has been Timo Werner, so we’ve watched a lot of Red Bull’s and have recently switched to Chelsea with him and Havertz moving there to join Ruediger (who is Sadly out if they can get Rice). Was hoping Ruediger could learn with Thiago Silva to play CB. Havertz playing w Werner should pay dividends for Germany
Very cool! I love it!
Yeah, Rüdiger is best playing In a back 3 vs playing CB in a 4 back system. He shows very poor judgement and I think that’s what mostly led to his demotion because he’s very skilled. He also panicks with the ball at times in the defensive side of field. Lampard has lost confidence in him.

Advertisement
Back