Soccer OT- The EPL returns

Advertisement
Chelsea’s acquisitions, particularly the Germans (Werner and Havertz) will be fun to watch w Pulisic along with adding to defense and now GK.

Werner drew PK v Liverpool and Havertz a hat trick Wednesday

Chelsea’s acquisitions, particularly the Germans (Werner and Havertz) will be fun to watch w Pulisic along with adding to defense and now GK.

TBH, I thought Chelsea was going to be a tougher match than they were against Liverpool. I love the speed they picked up...they are going to be a problem.

Advertisement

Pulisic grew up in Hershey PA (yes where the chocolate is made) and that's about 20 minutes from me. Wish the best to the Kid. He's going to be the face of the US men's team for a while.

Pulisic grew up in Hershey PA (yes where the chocolate is made) and that's about 20 minutes from me. Wish the best to the Kid. He's going to be the face of the US men's team for a while.
We have some crazy talent coming up between him, McKennie, Reyna, Adams, Dest, Steffen. Hopefully Sargent and a Weah can get back on track. But those first guys are doing it at some of the biggest clubs in the world.

TBH, I thought Chelsea was going to be a tougher match than they were against Liverpool. I love the speed they picked up...they are going to be a problem.
Lots of injuries and the red card and missed PK didn’t help.
Pulisic out
Ziyech out
Kepa in (and stinking the joint up)
Chilwell and Silva not playing yet

hope Mendy is a big GK upgrade

also hope can still sign Declan Rice

City are without Jesus now. No Aguero and no Jesus. I hate this season already. :/
Aguero is walking wounded every year. Time to move on from him. It’s possible they waited too long to get a good transfer fee for him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As much as I dislike Chelsea don’t let their early play fool you. They still have no Chilwell, no Pulisic, no Ziyech, no Thiago Silva, no Mendy at Keeper and Lampart still needs to figure out how to use Havertz. By the time November/December comes around, they should have it figure out.

If not, Lampard might get sacked by January!

We have some crazy talent coming up between him, McKennie, Reyna, Adams, Dest, Steffen. Hopefully Sargent and a Weah can get back on track. But those first guys are doing it at some of the biggest clubs in the world.
I am a German national team fan but also root for the US otherwise and this is the best talent I have ever seen them assemble in terms of the type of talent that is playing in Europe. In the past, it’s been mostly MLS talent, which will never win anything if that’s the best you can do so very happy to see many playing in the best leagues in the world.

Marching on Together!!
We're gonna see you win...
We are so proud, we sing it out loud.
We love you Leeds, Leeds, LEEDS!

This is the side to watch this season. Very exciting football with Bielsa leading the march.
Did you watch their films on Amazon Prime? They have two seasons behind the scenes. Very good.

Advertisement
Did you watch their films on Amazon Prime? They have two seasons behind the scenes. Very good.
**** yes. My college roommate's brother played for Leeds. I became a diehard in the early 2000s before relegation. They were real contenders back then. Its been hard times since around '04 (much like another one of my beloved programs). However, it has made their resurgence with Bielsa that much sweeter. No more bootlegging Championship League matches on the dark web while Facetiming with my boy across the pond anymore!

Great series on Amazon "Take us Home". It was amazing. This last season was only 2 episodes, but they were great.

I also love the German sides. And I completely agree our national team are finally amassing some real talent that have been seasoning in Europe...mainly thanks to the Bundesliga. Im very excited to see how Gio Reyna develops in Dortmund. I have high hopes for him.

I also love the German sides. And I completely agree our national team are finally amassing some real talent that have been seasoning in Europe...mainly thanks to the Bundesliga. Im very excited to see how Gio Reyna develops in Dortmund. I have high hopes for him.
Yes, please! I can’t take another tournament with Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore, lol

Advertisement
I am a German national team fan but also root for the US otherwise and this is the best talent I have ever seen them assemble in terms of the type of talent that is playing in Europe. In the past, it’s been mostly MLS talent, which will never win anything if that’s the best you can do so very happy to see many playing in the best leagues in the world.
I think it is a little more complicated. For one, it is still wild that Landon spent so little time in Europe and probably kept him from reaching his full potential. But it seemed like the USSF heads stopped pushing guys to Europe in favor of them staying in MLS to strengthen the league. The German league has been a godsend for US soccer development.

I just hope Berhalter’s dumbass doesn’t **** it up. His system is way, way too complicated for international teams.

They are fun offensively to watch. Bielsa is a great manager.

IMG4123099935031785209.jpg

I snapped this shot during the Leeds v Pool match. This is a side that just won promotion, with expectations of fighting to stay above bottom 3, competing against arguably one of the strongest attacking sides in the world. Look at their 2 center backs in the attacking 3rd. Their right back Ayling is almost inside the 18 and he doesn't even know if we are winning the ball back yet. I love their gambling mindset. Ayling is literally pushed past Mane, and he drug him into his own box. Bielsa is relentless.

They really just need some depth...so they can pull it off for a full season. I hope they finish somewhere around 10-13.

I think it is a little more complicated. For one, it is still wild that Landon spent so little time in Europe and probably kept him from reaching his full potential. But it seemed like the USSF heads stopped pushing guys to Europe in favor of them staying in MLS to strengthen the league. The German league has been a godsend for US soccer development.

I just hope Berhalter’s dumbass doesn’t **** it up. His system is way, way too complicated for international teams.
Yes - the Bundesliga has become the best developmental league because they have, as a league, the best academies.
Sure, Barcelona has a great academy and some other big teams do as well, but most of the Bundesliga teams have great academies.
The Bundesliga also will give young players the opportunity to play. Hence why France loses so many players to Germany and why now the English are losing talents like Sancho and others.

And of course, the US you cats get time to play and develop in their academies.

View attachment 131661

I snapped this shot during the Leeds v Pool match. This is a side that just won promotion, with expectations of fighting to stay above bottom 3, competing against arguably one of the strongest attacking sides in the world. Look at their 2 center backs in the attacking 3rd. Their right back Ayling is almost inside the 18 and he doesn't even know if we are winning the ball back yet. I love their gambling mindset. Ayling is literally pushed past Mane, and he drug him into his own box. Bielsa is relentless.

They really just need some depth...so they can pull it off for a full season. I hope they finish somewhere around 10-13.
I am confident they can finish top 10. Their style of play is very similar to Flick at Bayern Munich with a very high back line and the two wing backs in full attack. It’s makes them vulnerable defensively on the counter but their are banking on scoring more than giving up. I love it.

Advertisement
Back