Soccer OT- The EPL returns

Didn't know what to expect from Leeds. The approach is mental. Fun to watch though
They will be really fun until about the last 10 matches, when their legs will give out. Bielsa has been doing the same thing for 30 years. His Newell's teams were doing it in the early 90s. Mauricio Pochettino was a defender on those sides.

Advertisement
I'll level with you, even though we're one of the few teams to win the Premier League and were one of the founding members of the Football League, Blackburn Rovers are essentially a G5 school right now.

I don't pay much attention to what the PL teams are doing - it's literally another world for us. Related - **** the Venkys.
Shearer's season is still the most epic performance in the PL I've seen to date.

They tell me I’m suppose to hate you, i think its a tribal thing since Its north London and the stadiums and 4 miles apart. Im sure theres a long and storied history between ****nal and Spurs, but I dont know it yet.
4 miles apart is a huge distance. Less than mile from the tin mine.

Nice to see a bit of normalcy returning across the pond with the startup of the Prem. Hope springs eternal for my Spurs in their quest to fight for top 4 and some silverware in Jose’s first full year as manager. I’ve found the Prime series All or Nothing an interesting look at the club as well. - COYS.
The All or Nothing’s on Man City, Dortmund and Spurs have been well done.
Good luck to your team finishing top 4. It will be a very competitive race.

Advertisement
Yes. Gabriel is a monster. It would be great if him and Saliba locked down our center defense for the next 5-10 years. Both could prove to be steals, especially when slabhead Maguire fetches 80m.

We need to trim some of the fat and add those two. If we aren’t going to get 30+ for Guendo they should keep him and try to bring him back to speed.

Blackburn Rovers.

The championship should be really interesting this year. A lot of historic clubs are in that league for the season.
Still mad Everton didn't get him. Done deal then corvid hit.

They tell me I’m suppose to hate you, i think its a tribal thing since Its north London and the stadiums and 4 miles apart. Im sure theres a long and storied history between ****nal and Spurs, but I dont know it yet.
It’s a good story. It’s covered on the Spurs All or Nothing.

Yeah, I picked a club to follow that hasnt won anything in 20 years. Kinda like my alma mater UM. Go figure. The only difference is that I was fortunate enough to experience the Canes glory years first hand.
Lucky to have seen both my teams be great. You have a long wait for spurs. Mo lost the plot years ago

Advertisement
Bayern fan here. One of my sons is a die-hard Chelsea fan however so I do end up watching a good amount of EPL. Liverpool embarrassed them the other day. Chelsea is super young and if lampard can figure out how all the pieces fit, they could be formidable really quickly.
Nice! I am a die hard Bayern fan. After 2012 Champions league final, I can’t stand Chel****, lol. I do root for the German players to do week (Werner, Havertz, Rüdiger) but I root for the other Reds (Liverpool) in the Premier League because of Jurgen Klopp and especially now that Thiago plays for them. Massive loss for Bayern. Great get for Liverpool.

Advertisement
I'll level with you, even though we're one of the few teams to win the Premier League and were one of the founding members of the Football League, Blackburn Rovers are essentially a G5 school right now.

I don't pay much attention to what the PL teams are doing - it's literally another world for us. Related - **** the Venkys.
Founding members. "The Originals" . I had whooping cough when I was born popped out blue and have been that was since. EFC.

Advertisement
Lucky to have seen both my teams be great. You have a long wait for spurs. Mo lost the plot years ago.
We’ll see. All of a sudden(ly) Spurs are spending like a drunken sailor on shore leave- at least for them. Poor Poch went like 3 transfer windows without getting one player. Mo comes in and it’s 5 and counting in one- they’re looking for a ST and a LB before the deadline. And Bale coming back has given Spurs fans a hard on, I’ll wait to see what he has left in the tank. The hot rumor is Levy/ENIC is prettying up the team to sell to Bezos, I just think Mo has some sort of Special One curse on Levy and convinced him that an empty trophy case in a billion dollar stadium is not a good look. I’m aware that a lot of people think that Mo has lost his mojo, that he plays an outdated style, but he won me over when in the All or Nothing documentary he told his players that they were too nice, that they had to be c*nts to win, and I’d agree with him, that team needs more of an edge. Anyway, It’d be nice if my Canes and now my Spurs reached the top again before I cash my chips in.

We’ll see. All of a sudden(ly) Spurs are spending like a drunken sailor on shore leave- at least for them. Poor Poch went like 3 transfer windows without getting one player. Mo comes in and it’s 5 and counting in one- they’re looking for a ST and a LB before the deadline. And Bale coming back has given Spurs fans a hard on, I’ll wait to see what he has left in the tank. The hot rumor is Levy/ENIC is prettying up the team to sell to Bezos, I just think Mo has some sort of Special One curse on Levy and convinced him that an empty trophy case in a billion dollar stadium is not a good look. I’m aware that a lot of people think that Mo has lost his mojo, that he plays an outdated style, but he won me over when in the All or Nothing documentary he told his players that they were too nice, that they had to be c*nts to win, and I’d agree with him, that team needs more of an edge. Anyway, It’d be nice if my Canes and now my Spurs reached the top again before I cash my chips in.
Oh, they will win stuff. And play so boring watching paint dry would be better. Mo made Real Madrid a chore to watch FFS. And by the 3rd year his act will get old like it has everywhere else he has been.

We’ll see. All of a sudden(ly) Spurs are spending like a drunken sailor on shore leave- at least for them. Poor Poch went like 3 transfer windows without getting one player. Mo comes in and it’s 5 and counting in one- they’re looking for a ST and a LB before the deadline. And Bale coming back has given Spurs fans a hard on, I’ll wait to see what he has left in the tank. The hot rumor is Lecy/Eric is prettying up the team to sell to Bezos, I just think Mo has some sort of Special One curse on Levy and convinced him that an empty trophy case in a billion dollar stadium is not a good look. I’m aware that a lot of people think that Mo has lost his mojo, that he plays an outdated style, but he won me over when in the All or Nothing documentary he told his players that they were too nice, that they had to be c*nts to win, and I’d agree with him, that team needs more of an edge. Anyway, It’d be nice if my Canes and now my Spurs reached the top again before I cash my chips in.
Oh, they will win stuff. And play so boring watching paint dry would be better. Mo made Real Madrid a chore to watch FFS. And by the 3rd year his act will get old like it has everywhere else he has been.

I’ve always been a defensive minded guy in sports, but if he manages to make a team with Son, Kane, and Bale up front, boring, that would be something, even for him. There is a debate amongst the Spurs faithful, because Spurs have historically been a team with some flair to their game. Poch’s teams had that, So now people are wondering if they sold their souls for the chance at some silverware.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back