Soccer OT- The EPL returns

Gabriel looks immense out there, great buy..and auba has been on fire since the restart. Give me Aouar and partey and we’re gonna be a problem.
Yes. Gabriel is a monster. It would be great if him and Saliba locked down our center defense for the next 5-10 years. Both could prove to be steals, especially when slabhead Maguire fetches 80m.

We need to trim some of the fat and add those two. If we aren’t going to get 30+ for Guendo they should keep him and try to bring him back to speed.

Blackburn Rovers.
We ****ed Spurs in the Worthington Cup final in 2002 - our last piece of silverware.
The championship should be really interesting this year. A lot of historic clubs are in that league for the season.

Advertisement
Spurs fans must be thrilled with firing Poch for Mourinho. Does Mou even make it to the holiday fixtures this year?

TO my untrained eye, the tv doesn’t do the sport justice. Up close, what some of those guys can do with a soccer ball is amazing to me. Even so, Gareth Bale’s bicycle kick in the Championship League final against Liverpool a couple of years ago is an outrageous piece of skill, in any sport, in any league.

Advertisement
Only a matter of time before his meltdown.
I think this week he blamed covid for interrupting his training and players being gone on the international break. Apparently Everton did not have either of those things to deal with. James looked good though.

Let's go LEEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
178EC673-A820-48C4-AC52-5377CD5F6251.jpeg

@OldhamA were you the one that posted the videos of the Wrexham fan? I saw they may get bought by Ryan Reynolds and one of the guys from Always Sunny.

Bayern fan here. One of my sons is a die-hard Chelsea fan however so I do end up watching a good amount of EPL. Liverpool embarrassed them the other day. Chelsea is super young and if lampard can figure out how all the pieces fit, they could be formidable really quickly.

Advertisement
Bayern fan here. One of my sons is a die-hard Chelsea fan however so I do end up watching a good amount of EPL. Liverpool embarrassed them the other day. Chelsea is super young and if lampard can figure out how all the pieces fit, they could be formidable really quickly.
If Lampard can't work out where the pieces fit in his $1bn team he deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered.

@OldhamA were you the one that posted the videos of the Wrexham fan? I saw they may get bought by Ryan Reynolds and one of the guys from Always Sunny.
I don't think so?

I saw that Reynold was interested in Wrexham - I'm not sure why. Owning a football club in the lower levels is a labour of love. There's little glory and no money.

I don't think so?

I saw that Reynold was interested in Wrexham - I'm not sure why. Owning a football club in the lower levels is a labour of love. There's little glory and no money.
It was one of the across the pond Canes. I laughed when I saw the article today. Some guy named Bootlegger is the fan with the YouTube page and it is ******* hilarious.

Advertisement
If Lampard can't work out where the pieces fit in his $1bn team he deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered.
Incredible how they can tell an 80m keeper to pound sand on the bench and buy a new one with about zero negotiation in a day. I saw a rumor today that ****nal may make a run at Jorginho as Chelsea just has no room for him. It sounded to me like ****nal putting it out there to tell Lyon and/or Atletico to stop playing hardball for Aouar and Partey respectively, but I think it would be good business if a good price for him.

Incredible how they can tell an 80m keeper to pound sand on the bench and buy a new one with about zero negotiation in a day. I saw a rumor today that ****nal may make a run at Jorginho as Chelsea just has no room for him. It sounded to me like ****nal putting it out there to tell Lyon and/or Atletico to stop playing hardball for Aouar and Partey respectively, but I think it would be good business if a good price for him.
I'll level with you, even though we're one of the few teams to win the Premier League and were one of the founding members of the Football League, Blackburn Rovers are essentially a G5 school right now.

I don't pay much attention to what the PL teams are doing - it's literally another world for us. Related - **** the Venkys.

I'll level with you, even though we're one of the few teams to win the Premier League and were one of the founding members of the Football League, Blackburn Rovers are essentially a G5 school right now.

I don't pay much attention to what the PL teams are doing - it's literally another world for us. Related - **** the Venkys.
Fair enough. The team that originally got me into English soccer was Ipswich Town. They have had a rough go of things since making European league back in the aughts. In hindsight, that season ****ed them.

I don’t know if they show it over there but the Netflix show on Sunderland does an amazing job showing the difference in the top tier to the Championship or League One, and the challenges management faces.

Advertisement
Fair enough. The team that originally got me into English soccer was Ipswich Town. They have had a rough go of things since making European league back in the aughts. In hindsight, that season ****ed them.

I don’t know if they show it over there but the Netflix show on Sunderland does an amazing job showing the difference in the top tier to the Championship or League One, and the challenges management faces.
Yeah we signed Jack Rodwell from them the season after he basically refused to play for them - which was covered on that show.

Ipswich! Now that's an unusual one to follow.

Yeah we signed Jack Rodwell from them the season after he basically refused to play for them - which was covered on that show.

Ipswich! Now that's an unusual one to follow.
The Tractor Boys! I worked at a summer camp and one of the other counselors was from there. His uncle was part of their firm. Real die hard. But that was really before club soccer was so prevalent in the states, so it opened the door and curiosity. That same summer I dated a girl whose family had season tickets to ****nal and they were easier to follow from the states, which led me to following those two teams.

Advertisement
Back