OT: Tailgating BBQ

The thing with Pizza in Downtown Orlando....Most of the Pizzeria's aren't even run/owned by Italians...Their Armenians....Not that theres anything whatsoever wrong with that...its just If I go out to eat Italian...I want to eat at a Restaurant where the Owner/Chef is as well....Same with ANY other type of food...

Advertisement
I went into Empire Szechuan (Chinese Rest) Downtown, expecting to see Oriental cooks manning the Woks (Open Kitchen)...All I see and hear are 4 Mexican guys talking Mexican....Lol....

Maybe got name mixed up, thought it was Pizza Bruno on Curry Ford off Colonial

pizza bruno is diff from the places he mentioned. the places he mentioned are like the drunk staples of DT. orlando pizza, overall, is very ehhhh. andiamo in midtown ***** on anything in Orlando pizza wise

The thing with Pizza in Downtown Orlando....Most of the Pizzeria's aren't even run/owned by Italians...Their Armenians....Not that theres anything whatsoever wrong with that...its just If I go out to eat Italian...I want to eat at a Restaurant where the Owner/Chef is as well....Same with ANY other type of food...

Rocco’s in Winter Park is owned/operated by Rocco and makes his pasta handmade everyday. That is some real Italian there.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
pizza bruno is diff from the places he mentioned. the places he mentioned are like the drunk staples of DT. orlando pizza, overall, is very ehhhh. andiamo in midtown ***** on anything in Orlando pizza wise
Andiamo in Lake Buena Vista??...Meh....

Don't bother bringing a smoker to games. There's not nearly enough time. I would recommend bringing a regular grill. You can pre smoke your ribs, brisket, pork butt, etc and on game day you can just throw it on the grill to finish the job/ heat it back up. My buddy has a Coleman portable gas grill that folds up real easy and only requires one of those small propane containers. Perfect for grilling or just heating up pre-made stuff. I've even brought my cafetera to an early game and made cafe Cubano on it.
That's how it's done for any BBQ. Do your prep and long cooking the night before. Then you can just warm things up on the grill and chill.

When throwing a party or serving up a lot of people, you've got to "trick'em " Otherwise, all your good meats will be gone in an hour. You put out the burgers and dogs first. After everyone's had a little something, then you bring out the smoked meats. And don't bring it all out at once. You've got to make it look like you don't have a lot of smoke meats. Bring it out piece meal. Otherwise, some people are going to load up on the goodies and leave none of the good stuff for late arriving guests.

Trust me. I've learned from experience. I know how to deal with a bunch of chow hounds!!!

Advertisement
Being a Chef since 1981...When I think of "Rock Star Chefs"...Immediately the 1st one I think of is Thomas Keller....any other Chef in America can sit in the waiting room....

No....Good??

happy hour is fine bc the sushis are cheaper, but otherwise not worth the price. i haven't had sushi in orlando that blew my mind tho (maybe I'm not familiar with the right spots). ive had food at jade in CP and thought it was fine, as well. the best part about shakai is the HH cause it leads right into your night out so you can start early.

also, went to reyes for mexican -- suckeddddddddddd as does a lot of orlando mexican except this one spot near universal that was straight up mom and pop.

Advertisement
If I lived within a 4 hour drive I'd be a season ticket holder and I'd be sharing my meat with all of my Canes brethren. Best I can do is try to make it to UVA and VT when we play there every other year.
I live 15 minutes from the stadium. Descriminately, I share all my meat with our female brethren. I try to share as much meat as I can. I aim to please. After all, it's better to give than receive.

happy hour is fine bc the sushis are cheaper, but otherwise not worth the price. i haven't had sushi in orlando that blew my mind tho (maybe I'm not familiar with the right spots). ive had food at jade in CP and thought it was fine, as well.
My GF is a Sushi Junkie....I happen to deplore it...Lol....GF and her friends go on a monthly jaunt for Sushi...CaneinOrlando stays home...or goes to Anthony's in Thornton Park for a Stromboli....

i know this isnt about orlando food anymore, but anyone checked out north italia in brickell? went there last night and thought it was pretty good. vibe was awesome too

Being a Chef since 1981...When I think of "Rock Star Chefs"...Immediately the 1st one I think of is Thomas Keller....any other Chef in America can sit in the waiting room....
No doubt French Laundry, Per Se top shelf but Jose trained under the Maestro...and btw, spacing on names, but chefs at Alinea and Eleven Madison Park might be worthy of your vote too

Advertisement
Back