OT: Tailgating BBQ

Smoke your briskets and pork butts so that you pull them just before you head to the stadium. Wrap in foil, then wrap in an old towel and place in a cooler. Give it at least an hour before unwrapping, this will give the meat time to rest and the juices to redistribute throughout. When you unwrap it will still be piping hot.

I've kept brisket hot this way for up to 7 hours but ideally you don't want to go more than 4. You can keep just about anything hot this way but I only do it for large cuts when I have to smoke at home and serve it elsewhere.

View attachment 83140
Being a Chef.....I stand behind this 100%
And Please CaneFam....Make sure you Brine thick Pork Chops (and even Chicken)....The end product is far superior....

Advertisement
Smoke your briskets and pork butts so that you pull them just before you head to the stadium. Wrap in foil, then wrap in an old towel and place in a cooler. Give it at least an hour before unwrapping, this will give the meat time to rest and the juices to redistribute throughout. When you unwrap it will still be piping hot.

I've kept brisket hot this way for up to 7 hours but ideally you don't want to go more than 4. You can keep just about anything hot this way but I only do it for large cuts when I have to smoke at home and serve it elsewhere.

View attachment 83140
I did some pork like this and kept it in the cooler for 4 hours and it came out still steaming. One thing I did different was fill the cooler with hot water for about 20 minutes. I dried it out and then put the meat in and covered it in towels. I was amazed at how hot the meat was when I took it out. I need to smoke another butt.

Advertisement
Looks great
How does this look to you?
rare_delmonico1a.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
That steak is perfect. Quick sear on each side and cold in the middle.

@caneinorlando brine makes all the difference in the world. Pork chops, chicken, I even brine my fish before I smoke it. Keeps everything moist on the inside and gives just the right amount of salty flavor.

Being a Chef.....I stand behind this 100%
And Please CaneFam....Make sure you Brine thick Pork Chops (and even Chicken)....The end product is far superior....
I used to brine my ribs in a 50/50 sugar salt brine...but when I discovered proper offset smoking even on a kettle...I never went back.

Advertisement
That steak is perfect. Quick sear on each side and cold in the middle.

@caneinorlando brine makes all the difference in the world. Pork chops, chicken, I even brine my fish before I smoke it. Keeps everything moist on the inside and gives just the right amount of salty flavor.
I Wholeheartedly agree...

5 hours is perfect amount of time to smoke a Kingfish and get the fish dip goin. Bring a key lime pie to boot and you’re sitting preeeetty nicely for a stadium parking lot. ALWAYS brine oily fish, and make sure you go down in temps for that nice caramelization!

I used to brine my ribs in a 50/50 sugar salt brine...but when I discovered proper offset smoking even on a kettle...I never went back.
My brine =
Water
Tbls salt
Tbls suger
Peppercorns
Sprigs of Rosemary..Tyme and Crushed Garlic cloves
Bay leaves
Rough chopped Leeks
2 cubes of chicken bouillon
Bring all to a boil for 10mins....take off heat...Add ice to cool brine down....Submerge Chops/Chicken in brine (with plate to make sure items are submerged)....24hrs....

My brine =
Water
Tbls salt
Tbls suger
Peppercorns
Sprigs of Rosemary..Tyme and Crushed Garlic cloves
Bay leaves
Rough chopped Leeks
2 cubes of chicken bouillon
Bring all to a boil for 10mins....take off heat...Add ice to cool brine down....Submerge Chops/Chicken in brine (with plate to make sure items are submerged)....24hrs....
Do you use the boullion with msg in it? Most ordinary ones have that in it.

Advertisement
Back