OT: Tailgating BBQ

Advertisement
Advertisement
If in Orlando for the weekend....I highly recommend Ravenous Pig...and 7 Bites for breakfast/brunch....

had 7 bites. hidden gem in an area a tourist wouldn't expect. i like domu for ramen but hate the wait times and the cookies at the place in the same food hall are good. jinya is way more convenient even w ****** parking

If wondering about 7-Bites name....The Chef/Owner had Gastronomical Surgery, and part of her rehab was to only eat 7 Bites while recovering....Shes got that place F-ing rocking....

Advertisement
@hoops156 I'm really not a corporate type of guy....Never understood the "It's GOT to be done this way...with NO deviating" (even though you know a much better way)...The $$$ however was too much to turn down 10yrs ago.

I got the Akorn Jr which is a perfect portable smoker. I can crush chicken wings on that thing but I don’t think I could do a pork butt during a tailgate. Ribs if it’s a long tailgate.

Advertisement
What is the best bbq place in Orlando?
The original 4 Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park not bad (last tried couple years back). Not traditional que, but Ravenous Pig used to roast whole hog once a month back awhile, not sure if still doing. Like @caneinorlando rec'd it's still a solid all around choice (if pig ears on menu, must get).

The original 4 Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park not bad (last tried couple years back). Not traditional que, but Ravenous Pig used to roast whole hog once a month back awhile, not sure if still doing. Like @caneinorlando rec'd it's still a solid all around choice (if pig ears on menu, must get).
4 Rivers has gone downhill....used to be Fantastic...but the last few times I went its been Ho Hum....

4 Rivers has gone downhill....used to be Fantastic...but the last few times I went its been Ho Hum....
Too bad. You know better than us cause you're a pro, but expanding any business is not easy let alone a food establishment if only cause you can't be 2 places at once.

Advertisement
I know Johnny.....Good dude...
BBQ probably one of toughest to manage cause of timing, etc unless you are Franklin and know you will sell out whatever comes off within minutes, got to help the quality and profit making immensely. BTW, are Bruno's garlic knots really da bomb over the pizza even?

BBQ probably one of toughest to manage cause of timing, etc unless you are Franklin and know you will sell out whatever comes off within minutes, got to help the quality and profit making immensely. BTW, are Bruno's garlic knots really da bomb over the pizza even?
Who's Bruno??....For Pizza, Gitto's & Planet Pizza are my go to's....both are close to my home...nothing to rant and rave about...but their pretty good...

Advertisement
Back