OT: Strong out at Texas

Advertisement
If Houston was smart, they would match what people offer.

They already upped his salary and are paying him as much as bigger schools pay their coaches. Tom Herman's salary is around $4 million.

He'd leave UH because of the prestige of being in a major conference. Not because of the salary.

He gets a two million a year raise or whatever at a place like Texas, that means he would have to work three at his current rate to equal two years at Texas. Sorry, not many people would turn that down in the world. Not to mention, it's Texas for Pete's sake....a premiere program.

Randy Shannon part 2....

Could care less about down votes....but Strong and Shannon are 2 terrible HC's that would still make good DC's....Strong would probably kill it at any school in Florida as a DC....Shannon already did while here (I repeat...as a DC)

Advertisement
The SI article says he's expected to be out at the end of the year not that he'll be out for sure. But if he does get fired (which is about a 90 percent certainty at this point) it won't be until after the season.

If you actually read Mandel's SI article it's pretty clear that the yahoo sports writer is taking what Mandel wrote out of context. Mandel is basically saying Strong will only survive if there's a big turnaround to the season.

I know you aren't implying that a writer for yahoo would fabricate a story or stretch the truth in any way.

The only people more delusional than the Chuckie Weak apologists were the Luigi Cristobal ones. I'd say the the Mike Leach cultists are the absolute worst but I've tried to be better about not criticizing the severely mentally ill.

Strong would own Florida from a recruiting standpoint.
No he wouldn't

Idk why people think he's some recruiting guru. He hasn't even owned Texas where kids want to stay home

Especially after this Texas failure he has no shot and no credibility to recruit well.

Louisville is better without him and without the players he recruited and Texas is worse with him and his players after mack browns recruits left

Advertisement
Strong would own Florida from a recruiting standpoint.
No he wouldn't

Idk why people think he's some recruiting guru. He hasn't even owned Texas where kids want to stay home

Especially after this Texas failure he has no shot and no credibility to recruit well.

Louisville is better without him and without the players he recruited and Texas is worse with him and his players after mack browns recruits left

He is known for recruiting Florida very well already...not Texas....

As much as I hate Strong and think he's not that good of a HC, dude made a great financial decision. He rode Teddy B's coat tails to a huge payday from Texas. He may never get another head gig again but he made a good decision if you ask me.

Advertisement
Back