OT: Strong out at Texas

Texas will hire Kliff Kingsbury, Scott Frost or Major Applewhite.

Nevermind, Applewhite d**ked a female undergrad student in 2009.

Advertisement
yahoo sports writer sensationalizing and taking things out of context for clicks......I am shocked!!!

Advertisement

What type of budget will Texas have for the Coach and Assistants?

Applewhite would be my choice.

They won't even interview any of those guys.

Is that like the speculation Miami will hire Mario Cristobal, Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin, Jedd Fisch, Mark Stoops, Rod Chudzinski, or God knows what other corch?

Pretty sure Foil was sure UM was going to hire Chud. I'm sure glad we didn't make the mistake of hiring any of the slugs on that awful list.

I remember dudes on here trying to argue with me that Stoops would be a great hire. LULZ

Advertisement
Herman ain't leaving Houston.

Texas is a career killer job right now. Too much pressure.

Herman makes $4 million. Not worth the extra $1-$2 million.

herman to UT feels like a lock.. they can pay more than houston can, and there's never going to be any concern of getting into the CFP if his team goes undefeated.

The sad part is Texas would give him a lot more than a 2 million dollar raise per year... Booster money talks.

Is that like the speculation Miami will hire Mario Cristobal, Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin, Jedd Fisch, Mark Stoops, Rod Chudzinski, or God knows what other corch?

Pretty sure Foil was sure UM was going to hire Chud. I'm sure glad we didn't make the mistake of hiring any of the slugs on that awful list.

I remember dudes on here trying to argue with me that Stoops would be a great hire. LULZ

mark poops?

mark poops?

Yep.

What type of budget will Texas have for the Coach and Assistants?
Unlimited... Texas will pay whatever is necessary for Herman.

They were willing to give Saban upwards of $8million plus, he just didn't want to leave Bama.

Advertisement
Herman ain't leaving Houston.

Texas is a career killer job right now. Too much pressure.

Herman makes $4 million. Not worth the extra $1-$2 million.

herman to UT feels like a lock.. they can pay more than houston can, and there's never going to be any concern of getting into the CFP if his team goes undefeated.

Herman's an alpha, that pressure won't mean squat to him, and he knows bringing UT "actually back" would be a huge feather in his cap, and he will be able to compete with the big boys year in and year out.

Charlie strong, much like jimbo fisher have been very good, when attached to a specific QB, outside of that they've been pretty mediocre.

All of those people (Strong Kiffin Cristobal Fisch Chud Stoops) were rumored by the media. There wasn't any actual evidence that they were considered for the Miami job though.

The depressing thing is that Greg Schiano actually was considered. In fact they were about to hire Schiano before UGA canned Richt.

mark poops?

Yep.

Man, I remember some of those coaching lists during the search. I'll freely admit Stoops cracked my top-5 as somebody I thought could do well here - VERY glad I'm nowhere near a hiring process of any kind lol. I think I had Strong at like #3 on my list after Herman and Butch. (This was before Richt got fired.)

Again, if you're looking for your next college HC - don't ask me. Unless you're the AD at Florida. Then I'll gladly be your one-man consulting firm.

Advertisement

All of those people (Strong Kiffin Cristobal Fisch Chud Stoops) were rumored by the media. There wasn't any actual evidence that they were considered for the Miami job though.

The depressing thing is that Greg Schiano actually was considered. In fact they were about to hire Schiano before UGA canned Richt.

if they would have hired schiano over butch, i would have given up my fan card.

You sure about that?

I thought Butch Davis and Dan Mullen were the 2 choices if Richt said no??

Not even a small chance those guys are even discussed.

Texas will do everything in their power to get a "homerun" hire. Herman, Kelly, Saban, Petrino, Jimbo(plan c) and a couple of others of their ilk will be in the discussion.

Advertisement
Back