OT: Spencer Jones

I mean what do you expect him to do.

If I was in there taking a ****, you don’t get flustered, you take care of your business and then you leave. I’m not walking out with a full bladder all uncomfortable. I think we’ve all seen a few bar fights before.

It's an unfortunate spot to be in, but you are right. The only move is to plant your feet, keep your head down, and focus on the task at hand (finishing your **** without getting **** on yourself).

Advertisement
I thought at first, he might have exceeded reasonably necessary force at the push and after but when I consider everything, I don’t think so.

I think the 2 bullies were working in concert so it doesn’t matter who pushed him of the 2. I think it was a continuation of the hostilities. It seems to me like he already walked away. He had a bloody nose from before, supposedly from a sucker punch. Now he’s in a corner in a bathroom being threatened and pushed by the same guys apparently.

He’s not obligated to take another bloody nose punch. He defended himself and the other guy didn’t stop so he kept on. I’d guess that Oklahoma is a stand your ground type of state too.
If his nose was bloodied then by all means he must defend himself. I wasn’t aware of that.

I mean what do you expect him to do.

If I was in there taking a ****, you don’t get flustered, you take care of your business and then you leave. I’m not walking out with a full bladder all uncomfortable. I think we’ve all seen a few bar fights before.
What I thought was +10 ninja style is the dude finishes hks business steps over the fracas, and doesn't spill a drop from his solo cup.

#GoldMedalDrinker

I'll come out of Lurker-ville to comment on this one. First the guys above talking about Karate guys being bad-asses, I'm sorry but that's just not true in my experience. I used to work the door (bouncer) at clubs back in the 80's and I've seen so many Karate black belts get their asses stomped it's not funny, and not by other "martial artists" but by average dudes who didn't take ****e from anybody. And don't get me started on Tae kwan do, Good grief, breaking pine boards? Great. Fighting? Absolute ****e. Second, the guy talking about his friend the "tunnel rat in Nam", he's probably full of ****e. In my current line of work (MRI tech) I hear this BS almost every day from guys who are claustrophobic and feel like they need an excuse because they're ashamed. If someone tells you that, ask to see their Rat tat that they all had, if he doesn't have one he's a liar. There were only around 100 and less than half made it out alive. About 10 years ago a reporter did a story on them and could only find 12 still around. They were almost exclusively asian or hispanic and they ALL were little dudes, so that they could fit in the little tunnels. I literally had 2 guys tell me that BS last week and both of them were over 6 feet tall.
I think your right but I guarantee you Bruce Lee would hold his own against most fighters.

Advertisement
Second, the guy talking about his friend the "tunnel rat in Nam", he's probably full of ****e. In my current line of work (MRI tech) I hear this BS almost every day from guys who are claustrophobic and feel like they need an excuse because they're ashamed. If someone tells you that, ask to see their Rat tat that they all had, if he doesn't have one he's a liar. There were only around 100 and less than half made it out alive. About 10 years ago a reporter did a story on them and could only find 12 still around. They were almost exclusively asian or hispanic and they ALL were little dudes, so that they could fit in the little tunnels. I literally had 2 guys tell me that BS last week and both of them were over 6 feet tall.

First I heard about tunnel rats was a couple of weeks ago. My neighbor whose uncle was a tank commander in Vietnam told my neighbor about them.

Bruce Lee was the man but most MMA guys from today would destroy him once they got their hands on him.

Advertisement
I remember reading Bruce Lee's style was heavily influenced by boxing, Jack Dempsey in particular.
Yup, and he also studied Muhammed Ali's movements in the ring to try and incorporate it into his martial art (Jeet Kune Do). Lee was originally a wing-chun guy (studied under Grandmaster Ip Man), but as he got older he decided fixed positions where worthless in a real fight, so he studied boxing, karate, tae kwan do, and a bunch of other martial arts and kung-fu styles to develop Jeet Kune Do. It's one of the first free-form martial arts, but he died before he really put it all together. His writings on it end up being more philosophical than instructional, unfortunately.

It's an unfortunate spot to be in, but you are right. The only move is to plant your feet, keep your head down, and focus on the task at hand (finishing your **** without getting **** on yourself).

Yeah man.

Job number one is not **** on yourself.

Job number two is to empty that bladder full of beer and vodka.

Job number three is to get out of the bathroom in one piece.

In that order.

Advertisement
Respect to your knowledge, friend, but they'd have to be fools to charge that dude. Any half decent defense attorney would be drooling over this case. In the heat of the moment, you don't have the time to respond in kind. Those guys knew they were escalating a situation and what the potential ramifications of their actions would be.

They wouldn't make sympathetic complainants at all starting **** at a bar. There's always a real world component to every case, and when juries are involved, you need a compelling and sympathetic story. And a couple meatheads starting **** at a bar and then getting tuned up isn't sympathetic or compelling.
nailed it

Advertisement
Pretty sad statement here:

Got your *** kicked kid, take the L and move on.

FloweryIdolizedInvisiblerail-max-1mb.gif

I find Proverbs 22:8 more applicable to his client's circumstance:

"Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity, and the rod of his fury will fail."

Matthew 5:38-39
“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also and then wrestle with him on a pee-pee soaked bathroom floor."

Advertisement
Back