OT- Sneakerheads Anonymous

Yeah I heard they started there. They have to be some real G's too bc 69 was wilin' and never got touched. He had a real team moving with him

No question about that. I don't fvck with 69 because he wasn't really with the schits and he started to snitch, but the dudes he rolled with were official. You don't roll through Chiraq screaming BDK and GDK and not get touched unless you are with some thorough mfs.

The NY sets move different than other cities. They stay connected with the russians, italians, etc. and they are about their paper instead of just trying to take over blocks like other cities. My building has had the same OGs running it since the 90s. Never been locked up. One of the poorest PJs in the city and anyday you go there you will see dozens of Phantoms, M6s, Rovers, etc. just posted outside.

Advertisement
Yeah I heard they started there. They have to be some real G's too bc 69 was wilin' and never got touched. He had a real team moving with him

Love that the 5 love spread to East Coast. Been telling my relly’s that EC Slimes r fa real w it. WC Damus r still apprehensive about the movement, particularly in Bompton, but Inglewood side b with it b/c OGs from Inglewood helped established The Double I’s in Jersey.

As far as shoes go, I’m heavy in rotation w the J’s (1’s: triple blacks, Cool Grey, and Why Nots) , Hare’s, Platinum Tints, 33 Chinese NY), KD12’s, and Kyrie 5’s (Kix, Lucky Charms, and UFOs). Probably got about 150 pair of shoes, though, but only about 7-10 stay on the feet. The others r just to look at or stunt in Vegas. Lol. Still missing those Cactus Jacks and OVOs though. Just refuse to pay over retail, so if I take a L on the sneaks, I take a L.

Love that the 5 love spread to East Coast. Been telling my relly’s that EC Slimes r fa real w it. WC Damus r still apprehensive about the movement, particularly in Bompton, but Inglewood side b with it b/c OGs from Inglewood helped established The Double I’s in Jersey.

Facts. Them Double Is go hard asl over in Newark and the oranges too. Treach from Naughty by Nature was double I. Double I is the second biggest home grown NJ blood set right behind Beven who is even moving into NYC now. They all still show respect to the WC sets though.

As far as shoes go, I’m heavy in rotation w the J’s (1’s: triple blacks, Cool Grey, and Why Nots) , Hare’s, Platinum Tints, 33 Chinese NY), KD12’s, and Kyrie 5’s (Kix, Lucky Charms, and UFOs). Probably got about 150 pair of shoes, though, but only about 7-10 stay on the feet. The others r just to look at or stunt in Vegas. Lol. Still missing those Cactus Jacks and OVOs though. Just refuse to pay over retail, so if I take a L on the sneaks, I take a L.

Im with you on the Js. 90% of my sneakers are Js. I got a pair of KD12s to ball in and lift in, but do you wear them and the Kyries when your chilling out with sweats/jeans/shorts? or do you only rock them to the gym? I may start busting them out on the street lol.

Advertisement
Only pair of Adidas I own...Their comfortable...but not Air Max comfortable..

I lost you guys at the sneakers that only crips can wear. And I’m not really sure that I know which ones we are talking about.

Advertisement
My collection includes:

Reebok Iverson Answer I's
Jordan 3 Crimson
Jordan 5
Jordan 6 infrared's
Jordan 11 dirty bred
Jordan 11 72-10 (I customized these and turned them into breds)
Jordan 12 flu game

One for the old guys. I'm staying with classic Chucks, break out my American Flag set every Independence Day.

This was the first "school shoe" even before they had colors other than black and white, the choice of rock stars for half a century, **** even the Viet Cong wore them in Vietnam.

Go ahead and add up all the names on sneakers like Jordan, LeBron, Kobe and combined they'll never catch the single name Chuck Taylor from just when they were made in America. And that's before the Chinese started pumping them out at the turn of the century.

Plus Chuck Taylor retired to the General Development community of Port Charlotte to play golf. He used to play a round every Thursday with my Brother-in-law, the pro who opened that course. Its where Taylor lived when he got his telegram in 1969 that he was being inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. He only lived a couple more months after that. For "occupation" on his death certificate somebody in Charlotte County did him justice. They simply put: "Basketball".

Now you know Converse has a South FL connection.

es.jpg

Im with you on the Js. 90% of my sneakers are Js. I got a pair of KD12s to ball in and lift in, but do you wear them and the Kyries when your chilling out with sweats/jeans/shorts? or do you only rock them to the gym? I may start busting them out on the street lol.

Naw bro; I only mess w my Kyries for street wear. If I’m balling, I’m in The Nike Uptempos. Nike did right by Scottie Pip w those joints. So f’ing comfortable! Lol. Lifting, I’m definitely in the Nike Vapormax. Again, hella comfortable, especially on the treadmill

Advertisement
One for the old guys. I'm staying with classic Chucks, break out my American Flag set every Independence Day.

This was the first "school shoe" even before they had colors other than black and white, the choice of rock stars for half a century, **** even the Viet Cong wore them in Vietnam.

Go ahead and add up all the names on sneakers like Jordan, LeBron, Kobe and combined they'll never catch the single name Chuck Taylor from just when they were made in America. And that's before the Chinese started pumping them out at the turn of the century.

Plus Chuck Taylor retired to the General Development community of Port Charlotte to play golf. He used to play a round every Thursday with my Brother-in-law, the pro who opened that course. Its where Taylor lived when he got his telegram in 1969 that he was being inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame. He only lived a couple more months after that. For "occupation" on his death certificate somebody in Charlotte County did him justice. They simply put: "Basketball".

View attachment 85206

Well done, and salute for the history lesson. Just made me appreciate these shoes that much more.

Man, I have about 15 different Chuck Taylors. I have these sick washed, brown leather ones that ppl jock every time I wear them. Chucks r just those timeless classics, and when they release their modern basketball version, I’ll be on them.

There’s a kid from Compton named Tyler The Creator that’s taken Converse and completely re-done them. They look good w polo shirts and plaid shorts.

Advertisement

View attachment 85206
Wore them and Puma "Clydes" all through HS...

No question about that. I don't fvck with 69 because he wasn't really with the schits and he started to snitch, but the dudes he rolled with were official. You don't roll through Chiraq screaming BDK and GDK and not get touched unless you are with some thorough mfs.

The NY sets move different than other cities. They stay connected with the russians, italians, etc. and they are about their paper instead of just trying to take over blocks like other cities. My building has had the same OGs running it since the 90s. Never been locked up. One of the poorest PJs in the city and anyday you go there you will see dozens of Phantoms, M6s, Rovers, etc. just posted outside.

or unless u didnt actually do the bolded. He went out somewhrere like 4 am with no one around did a 5 second and ran back in car and high tailed it.
But 6-9 was backed by some legit dudes. Same dudes that back Jim Jones.

Advertisement
Back