OT: Scott Frost is staying at Nebraska

Advertisement
Probably figure they can’t compete with the other programs looking to replace their coaches this year. Frost did well at UCF and is a Cornhusker alum. AD makes a low risk move by giving frost another year and if he fails again let’s him go and if he turns it around he looks like a genius

Advertisement

Rumors of his impending dismissal have been put down by Nebraska AD Trev Alberts, with Frost agreeing to a restructured contract. The Cornhuskers are 3-7, coming off a 26-17 home loss to Ohio State. They play Wisconsin in Madison on Saturday. Frost's buyout is $26 million.

$26 million!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan Marino Holy Shit GIF

Smart move, depending on the terms of the restructure, given the ridiculous buyout they gifted him in the predecessor agreement.

Probably figure they can’t compete with the other programs looking to replace their coaches this year. Frost did well at UCF and is a Cornhusker alum. AD makes a low risk move by giving frost another year and if he fails again let’s him go and if he turns it around he looks like a genius
Nobody wants that job. Firing Bo Pelini looks laughable now. He was a 8-9 win coach at least. I think Frank Solich was too. Its not a good job anymore. Period. They think they can relive the glory days but its too difficult because there is too much comp recruiting wise for the best players in the midwest. They had a Cali pipeline at one point but that has dried up too. (Keyshawn Johnson Jrs class was the last class to get good Cali kids IIRC. After that blowup its been hard getting back into the state)

**** I applaud Frost for trying to start a pipeline down here but it just didnt work obviously. SoFla kids dont want to live in Nebraska.

If Frost had gotten fired ill bet USF would have grabbed him within 24hrs. Nebraska would not have had that same luck.

Nobody wants that job. Firing Bo Pelini looks laughable now. He was a 8-9 win coach at least. I think Frank Solich was too. Its not a good job anymore. Period. They think they can relive the glory days but its too difficult because there is too much comp recruiting wise for the best players in the midwest. They had a Cali pipeline at one point but that has dried up too. (Keyshawn Johnson Jrs class was the last class to get good Cali kids IIRC. After that blowup its been hard getting back into the state)

**** I applaud Frost for trying to start a pipeline down here but it just didnt work obviously. SoFla kids dont want to live in Nebraska.

If Frost had gotten fired ill bet USF would have grabbed him within 24hrs. Nebraska would not have had that same luck.
Nebraska has the most important resource: MONEY.

The Big Ten sucks & the Big Ten West is one of the worst divisions in the Power 5. Any decent coach would at least have them at .500

Advertisement
Nebraska has the most important resource: MONEY.

The Big Ten sucks & the Big Ten West is one of the worst divisions in the Power 5. Any decent coach would at least have them at .500
I agree about the money part but jesus bro..Scott Frost couldnt even get that program going and he was the hottest coach in America after his UCF stint. Can they get good players to come anymore and play there? Seems like an uphill battle. I think Frost thought the same as you that it would be a little easier than it is. One thing ill say is I am not sure why he has hitched his wagon to Adrian Martinez. He has been unusually loyal to him as his QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
they’ve lost all their games, outside of the OSU one, by a 7 or less. Despite his record at Nebraska, I think he’d actually work at a place like Miami or FSU if he had a competent staff around him.

I tell you what though, his recruiting class this cycle is disturbingly bad

The Big Ten should've booted them when they felt chesty enough to go rogue with the covid stuff. Would've ended up better for parties as I'm not sure what they add to the conference and Nebraska going back to the Big 12 would've probably been a godsend as they could at least try to be on par in relevance with Iowa State (a school only like 200 miles away from them).

Advertisement
Back