OT: Scott Frost is staying at Nebraska

Nebraska has the most important resource: MONEY.

The Big Ten sucks & the Big Ten West is one of the worst divisions in the Power 5. Any decent coach would at least have them at .500
The big ten doesn’t suck. If any p5 conference sucks it’s the pac 12 with 1 team in the top 25.

Advertisement
Their defense has kept them in games this season. That offense and Martinez have been doo doo.

Rumors of his impending dismissal have been put down by Nebraska AD Trev Alberts, with Frost agreeing to a restructured contract. The Cornhuskers are 3-7, coming off a 26-17 home loss to Ohio State. They play Wisconsin in Madison on Saturday. Frost's buyout is $26 million.
LOL. HOW AND WHY?

Advertisement
Nebraska should just go back to the option or a more pro/heavy run set and try to scour the Midwest for gems, attempting to be Wisconsin lite would likely yield better results for em down the road. They can't recruit the speed that they need schematically, or atleast, not to the level that they need to IMO.

Fuentes, Frost, & Norvell have been exposed as the coRches that they are, this is why I don't want a G5 coRch.
Can say the same about assistants moving up, coaches who go P5 to P5 or NFL to college, or even guys who get promoted from within. Have to choose the right guy and right fit, regardless of his current job.

they’ve lost all their games, outside of the OSU one, by a 7 or less. Despite his record at Nebraska, I think he’d actually work at a place like Miami or FSU if he had a competent staff around him.

I tell you what though, his recruiting class this cycle is disturbingly bad
So he’d work at Miami or FSU, but not UF? I smell what you’re cookin Gatorhead!

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

Advertisement
Bingo bango Bongo…that’s our main problem too. Our realistic list is small and that’s at least part of the reason Miami wants to give manny every possible chance to show something. If we didn’t land Mario, we’d end up with another project
Mario is literally the only dude who is proven on a p5 level that could realistically take this job.

Fuentes, Frost, & Norvell have been exposed as the coRches that they are, this is why I don't want a G5 coRch.

Not really. All three are very good Xs and Os guys and they will end up being very good OCs somewhere if/when they get fired. Their common problem is that they suck at recruiting. One thing about very successful coaches like Saban and Meyer is that when they moved on to next jobs they didn't necessarily take entire staff with them. They always added new coaches to fit new job.

Said he would never do well there. UCF for what it is and always will be is run pretty good in that ****** conference. Frost benefitted from it.....UCF is always the most talented in that conference. They have to wake up for one or two games and had some good NFL talent for that conference.....they hit on some evals over the years but they are who they are. Nebraska will never win unless like a Saban type goes there....same as here. Have to accidentally hire the perfect HC

Advertisement
Short of Nick Saban going there, I don't think anyone can turn that into a prominent place again. Maybe they can get young offensive coach that will turn it into a place like some of these spread/air raid schools.

The issue is that Nebraska has almost zero in state talent whereas the Texas schools still pick up decent in state talent who are overlooked by bigger schools or can't qualify at ither schools.

Its also harder for Nebraska after joining the Big10 imo. Too many schools in better positions with the same amount of money, or more. In the Big 12 it was really only them, Texas and OU. If you go 1-1 against the other schools, you would be in decent shape. They probably could have also taken advantage of how mediocre Texas has been to get some cheap wins and potentially pull some kids in from there.

Advertisement
Nebraska has looked ok since the disastrous start. Had a good shot at taking down OSU and let it slip away. They might as well stick with him.

Advertisement
Back