OT: Restaurant and Food Thread

I’m old and I travel to eat. Le Bernardin is the best restaurant in the world. I’ve dined there a lot (at least a half dozen Christma eves there) and it’s never disappointed. Food truck no clue. There’s a spicy fried chicken one in Austin I’d like to try, but i keep missing it. Franklins is the best hole in a wall, if you can say that about the greatest bbq ever. Period... if you say differently, you’ve never been there. Paris and London are fun. The lecture room & library sketch London is just fun. 3 bars and a Michelin three star when you’re loaded lmao. It’s absolutely a paradise for adults, from the egg shaped disco bar to the jungle room. I need it to be an epic night for everyone. This is special. I think Street XOXO after, if I got the name right, is the way to finish it off. I’m not turned on by just perfect food and dining anymore. Chicago is a solid food town, but it’s too spread out and still trying a little harder than it should. I grew up there, so zero hate. NYC is the best dining in the US and it’s not that close. I really love Napa and the surrounding areas. Vegas doesn’t suck anymore. They know how to have fun while dining. Red is good and Prime 112 is ok, but I’ll only sit up front behind the curtain to the right when you walk in. My last meal was dog**** there and again no hate. Not a big deal. I go to capitol grill Boca for steaks. They’re pretty much all the same and Bobby takes care of me. I’ll get my table on a Saturday night in season, without calling. To me, that’s everything. I’ll dry age and trim my steaks the way I want them. S&W (because you mentioned it) was great when it was next to the mgm in the early days. Obviously that’s closed and Mike Kennedy, Sherry, Sophie, Pops, Tommy and the rest are long gone. David Burk is a loser executive chef. Michael Furrery* was the GM and it was fun back in the day. The grill late night... dam. Dry aged bone in rib eye the only steak I’d eat there. Had my first latash and Petrus there too... For fun in lesser countries south, I like Belize for chicken and Argentina has great French food and steak tartar fwiw. Funny right 🤔 thinking about steak houses, old school Vegas was fun when I was young. Binions was cool when they had their own ranch. Dam I’m old! Louisiana sucks ***/overrated outside of commanders. This country is really good at food now. Sorry, it’s late for me and I’m rambling. I just ate at the number one restaurant in the world in Paris and it was terrible. Can’t remember the name. Just walking in the front door, the host stand was small and had zero room, turned me off from jump. Next! Lol best Chinese food Nan king San Francisco.

wall_of_text.jpg

Advertisement
I’m old and I travel to eat. Le Bernardin is the best restaurant in the world. I’ve dined there a lot (at least a half dozen Christma eves there) and it’s never disappointed. Food truck no clue. There’s a spicy fried chicken one in Austin I’d like to try, but i keep missing it. Franklins is the best hole in a wall, if you can say that about the greatest bbq ever. Period... if you say differently, you’ve never been there. Paris and London are fun. The lecture room & library sketch London is just fun. 3 bars and a Michelin three star when you’re loaded lmao. It’s absolutely a paradise for adults, from the egg shaped disco bar to the jungle room. I need it to be an epic night for everyone. This is special. I think Street XOXO after, if I got the name right, is the way to finish it off. I’m not turned on by just perfect food and dining anymore. Chicago is a solid food town, but it’s too spread out and still trying a little harder than it should. I grew up there, so zero hate. NYC is the best dining in the US and it’s not that close. I really love Napa and the surrounding areas. Vegas doesn’t suck anymore. They know how to have fun while dining. Red is good and Prime 112 is ok, but I’ll only sit up front behind the curtain to the right when you walk in. My last meal was dog**** there and again no hate. Not a big deal. I go to capitol grill Boca for steaks. They’re pretty much all the same and Bobby takes care of me. I’ll get my table on a Saturday night in season, without calling. To me, that’s everything. I’ll dry age and trim my steaks the way I want them. S&W (because you mentioned it) was great when it was next to the mgm in the early days. Obviously that’s closed and Mike Kennedy, Sherry, Sophie, Pops, Tommy and the rest are long gone. David Burk is a loser executive chef. Michael Furrery* was the GM and it was fun back in the day. The grill late night... dam. Dry aged bone in rib eye the only steak I’d eat there. Had my first latash and Petrus there too... For fun in lesser countries south, I like Belize for chicken and Argentina has great French food and steak tartar fwiw. Funny right 🤔 thinking about steak houses, old school Vegas was fun when I was young. Binions was cool when they had their own ranch. Dam I’m old! Louisiana sucks ***/overrated outside of commanders. This country is really good at food now. Sorry, it’s late for me and I’m rambling. I just ate at the number one restaurant in the world in Paris and it was terrible. Can’t remember the name. Just walking in the front door, the host stand was small and had zero room, turned me off from jump. Next! Lol best Chinese food Nan king San Francisco.

**** this was loaded. Good insights. Never been to Le Bernardin.

I’ve heard many people say NYC is the best for food in the United States. I’ll need to explore more once I go back there.

I can understand what you mean by Chicago food scene. I happened to enjoy it while I was there.

You gave some new suggestions like capitol grill.
I mean I seriously need like a month in Florida for all the great suggestions guys put in here lol.

Not a fan of the French cuisine in Lousianna?

And sheesh you know the old Vegas. My brother lives out there. I’m getting to go visit him next week and we are going back to S&W for sure.

I’ve never had the dry age bone-in rib eye steak. But I’ll give it a go from your suggestion. (I need to eat something else besides Japanese Wagyu)

So when I go back to the Wynn next week I’m keeping your reminder.

I’ve heard many people say NYC is the best for food in the United States. I’ll need to explore more once I go back there.

I can understand what you mean by Chicago food scene. I happened to enjoy it while I was there.

I mean I seriously need like a month in Florida for all the great suggestions guys put in here lol.

And sheesh you know the old Vegas. My brother lives out there. I’m getting to go visit him next week and we are going back to S&W for sure.

I’ve never had the dry age bone-in rib eye steak. But I’ll give it a go from your suggestion. (I need to eat something else besides Japanese Wagyu)

Vegas is just fun. Capitol Grill in Boca, or anywhere, is a 7 plus. It’s about the people. You can find a good overpriced steak anywhere. Pick a place that’s going to treat you with the respect you deserve. I can’t remember where Picasso is in Las Vegas, maybe Bellagio, but it’s very good, better than S&W. S&W is a chop house. Fun for a group of guys, but not epic dining. FWIW Dam even circus circus in the 90’s, once you fought your way through the nickel slot crowd 😂, made a great dry aged steak. Probably still do

Advertisement
No I never made it there but Chicago is a top food city in the United States they can really rival any other city in America.

One place that I really like downtown was called Russian tea time

**** even the hot dogs and pizza is amazing.

i’ve never been able to go to another pizza place in my life after living in Chicago and eating at Giordano‘s
There’s 3 locations in Florida, I used to go there a lot when I lived in Winter Garden.
I don’t even know if I can call it pizza, that **** is so amazing it needs it’s own designation.
C8E68779-FBE0-4708-9992-296771FFA9D8.jpeg

Vegas is just fun. Capitol Grill in Boca, or anywhere, is a 7 plus. It’s about the people. You can find a good overpriced steak anywhere. Pick a place that’s going to treat you with the respect you deserve. I can’t remember where Picasso is in Las Vegas, maybe Bellagio, but it’s very good, better than S&W. S&W is a chop house. Fun for a group of guys, but not epic dining. FWIW Dam even circus circus in the 90’s, once you fought your way through the nickel slot crowd 😂, made a great dry aged steak. Probably still do

Picasso is over priced French food. Left hungry.

There’s 3 locations in Florida, I used to go there a lot when I lived in Winter Garden.
I don’t even know if I can call it pizza, that **** is so amazing it needs it’s own designation.
View attachment 119975
There sauce is different thats for sure. Theres a new spot in town off curry ford and bumpy primrose area called pizza bruno. I haven't tried it yet but all my foodie friends swear its the ****.

Brother what country haven’t you been to... Madagascar? Holy Jezuz.
I’m a strange one cause some of my most memorable restaurants have been hole in the walls. Capital Grill so-so. Smith and Wollensky ok.
Problem is I get bad high anxiety and I always talk my wife out of flying on vacation... and if we do I have to take Valium along.
If you come to Miami there’s an excellent Italian restaurant camouflaged in a Winn Dixie mall on Sunset Dr. that’s real mangiare called Salvatore ‘D.
If you’re traveling north on I75 in GA have you tried Smokin Pig in Valdosta?

Advertisement
Picasso is over priced French food. Left hungry.
I’m a gym guy and my nutritionist has my daily caloric intake requirement set at 2950 calories. Most prefixed course menus have more food than even I can handle, and I struggle to stay under my 3000 daily. I think they serve a prefixed five or six course menu. There’s always an additional amuse bouchée and extra desserts without having to ask obviously. I’ve also learned quite unabashedly to let my front waiter know when ordering, if I’m in need of more food than most that day, if I haven’t had enough prior to the meal. 😂 I’ve ALWAYS been accommodated with zero shaming. They’re obviously running a food cost in the single digits. They don’t want you to leave hungry or more importantly disappointed. Guy Savoy London literally brought extra plates to my table (insane l lmao) and was exceptionally respectful. I had to beg them to stop and we all had a good laugh. We were there for an late lunch, because we had tickets to Madam Butterfly that evening and that was my dinner. When you’re spending five hundred to a thousand dollars a head, and that’s if you’re not drinking anything too expensive, you’re going to be accommodated without any reservations. They want you to leave happy and come back. They’d set up a trough if they thought it would make you happy. Just something to think about, if that somehow relates to your experience. The “overpriced French food” part i can’t fix. If you think that about the cuisine going in, maybe choose a restaurant that doesn’t serve French food? That’s also why i said S&W is a chop house and most steak houses are similar. You probably would have preferred a more traditional steak house, to a fine dining French version of the American classic style we’ve all grown to love.
Go Canes

Last edited:
I’m a gym guy and my nutritionist has my daily caloric intake requirement set at 2950 calories. Most prefixed course menus have more food than even I can handle, and I struggle to stay under my 3000 daily. I think they serve a prefixed five or six course menu. There’s always an additional amuse bouchée and extra desserts without having to ask obviously. I’ve also learned quite unabashedly to let my front waiter know when ordering, if I’m in need of more food than most that day, if I haven’t had enough prior to the meal. 😂 I’ve ALWAYS been accommodated with zero shaming. They’re obviously running a food cost in the single digits. They don’t want you to leave hungry or more importantly disappointed. Guy Savoy London literally brought extra plates to my table (insane l lmao) and was exceptionally respectful. I had to beg them to stop and we all had a good laugh. We were there for an late lunch, because we had tickets to Madam Butterfly that evening and that was my dinner. When you’re spending five hundred to a thousand dollars a head, and that’s if you’re not drinking anything too expensive, you’re going to be accommodated without any reservations. They want you to leave happy and come back. They’d set up a trough if they thought it would make you happy. Just something to think about, if that somehow relates to your experience. The “overpriced French food” part i can’t fix. If you think that about the cuisine going in, maybe choose a restaurant that doesn’t serve French food? That’s also why i said S&W is a chop house and most steak houses are similar. You probably would have preferred a more traditional steak house, to a fine dining French version of the American classic style we’ve all grown to love.
Go Canes
I really want to go to la bernadin and masa. One of these days I will make it happen, I have to explore Europe first though lol.

Advertisement
There are only TWO areas in the USA where pizza rules: NY/NJ metro area and Boston.....the rest of the US (yecch)

Advertisement
There sauce is different thats for sure. Theres a new spot in town off curry ford and bumpy primrose area called pizza bruno. I haven't tried it yet but all my foodie friends swear its the ****.

Pizza Bruno is amazing. Can't make reservations, take cash.

Also, go to The Meatball Stoppe.

An old Vegas classic Hugo’s Cellar and follow it up with drinks at the peppermill. (If it’s still around)

http://www.fourqueens.com/dining/hugos_cellar/index.php

Oh I like peppermill been there a bunch. Likely going back there also.

They got a place I like going for breakfast called hash house a go go inside the Linq. They have a location off the strip as well which doesn’t have as long of a wait.

View attachment 119975

Oh ****, I didn’t know this. Crazy part is I always have these free stays in Orlando and the flights are always less than $50 round trip from DC.

I should probably go down there more often. But I don’t know enough about the area if I’m not going for Disney or the theme parks.

Advertisement
Back