OT- Rashan Gary offered 300k as a recruit during his recruitment

Advertisement
Advertisement
Y'know... I seriously thought the bags for an elite prospect was in the 150k range.

Guess inflation has caught up; and the NCAA will do nothing. xD

Advertisement
LOL @ them using that as an example of his dedication to Michigan. It's like my Auburn peeps that I argued with about Cam Newton and Miss St. You a **** fool if you think he simply turned down the Miss St. money and came to Auburn for free.

I mean it was proven that his dad was putting him up on ebay.

But since Cam didnt know about it...no foul lol

Advertisement
Seems like he was unpopular at Michigan, and this could be his attempt at telling their fans that they should be thankful.

If other teams are offering bags of $300k then you can bet that Michigan is as well.
Seems like he’s been struggling in preseason with effort and just doing well in general despite his athletic gifts and went first round. Meanwhile joe Jackson is balling and constantly praised by Jerry Jones. Still don’t see how he dropped that far. Gary was overrated in the recruiting process, as college player and in the draft process

Advertisement
Seriously! I wonder how much boosters are spending on a recruiting class every year. 15M? 25M? More?

Honestly, its outside my scope of thought. I would think in terms of legal recruiting inducements, (private jet, etc), probably a major school spends a couple mil yearly.

As for bags, the number I would assume would be less than 1-2 mil in a dirty program. You are bribing elite 5 star and coveted 4 star players. Youre not bribing >3 stars.

I would say every incoming class, there are probably 20-30 kids that get big money in college football. The ones that are skill positions or an OL/DT/DE that can make a difference day one.

But thats just a murky guess.

Seems like he’s been struggling in preseason with effort and just doing well in general despite his athletic gifts and went first round. Meanwhile joe Jackson is balling and constantly praised by Jerry Jones. Still don’t see how he dropped that far. Gary was overrated in the recruiting process, as college player and in the draft process

Jackson tests poorly

Advertisement
Back