OT- Rashan Gary offered 300k as a recruit during his recruitment

Michigan hired Rashan Garys high school coach. Paid him about 700 k and guarantee some of that money tricked to Gary.

Its comical because...they paid all that for 9 sacks....couldve came to south florida and got a high 3 star kid with that type of production for nothing.

Just like in the draft process i stated Joe Jackson is a better player...but Gary trains well for the combine/scouting events lol.
Yup, Chris Patridge their ST's/Safeties coach.

He coached Jabril Peppers, Rashan Gary & Juwann Bushell-Beatty at Paramus HS in NJ & got them all to sign with Michigan.

Harbaugh even gave the commencement speech at Paramus Catholic's graduation the year he hired Patridge lol.

Advertisement
I can't wait to put #6 in the trophy case. However, a national championship or 10 wins isn't going to keep the good ones here.The last time I checked, a national championship trophy sits at the university. It doesn't provide anything for the player other than a ring. What does provide for the player and family is a bag of cash. We will get good players and we have good players. We just need good coaching. Hopefully we have solved this. We are not out spending the other schools. Yes, winning can help but it is not going to be a huge factor.
So after this convoluted rant....your verdict is that we put #6 w/o bags? Just need better coaching?

Advertisement
Trey Sanders family member was bragging he got $750K plus car, and family house note paid
Incredible amounts being thrown around nowadays.

But he is perfect example of why you got to consider the Mula (knee injury before game 1) regardless of what Random Fandom opines.

Advertisement
Georgia or Baga are the likely suspects. Their foundation’s pockets run deep.
No they're not the suspects! Remember Pat Surtain went to Bama and Tyson Campbell and Tyrique Stevenson both went to Georgia because Mike Rumph suxx as a recruiter and not because they got paid!

The bag money doesn't stop after they get to campus either. There is zero chance those Clemson DLers came back for last year's championship season without a hefty contract extension.

Actually "bags" are probably an anachronism now in terms of recruiting. An insider on another board once said it was a lot easier to drop few grand every week over the course of the year than a big up front sum. And given the games recruits play these days, I think it's safe to say that nearly all of the money and perks start flowing once the kid makes it on campus.

Advertisement
So after this convoluted rant....your verdict is that we put #6 w/o bags? Just need better coaching?
Yes. It’s not like we don’t have good players. We are not going to get a top 10 player or two like the teams that do drop the big pay days. If we can grab 8 to 10 4 star guys and then grab some lower rated guys that haven’t been developed. Coach them up. We can win. Our 3 star guys in south Florida are very good. They just haven’t been scouted as heavy as the others. But grabbing a Trevor Lawrence or the DJ kid out of Cali is out. The big DT’s and DB’s are big money kids.

Yes. It’s not like we don’t have good players. We are not going to get a top 10 player or two like the teams that do drop the big pay days. If we can grab 8 to 10 4 star guys and then grab some lower rated guys that haven’t been developed. Coach them up. We can win. Our 3 star guys in south Florida are very good. They just haven’t been scouted as heavy as the others. But grabbing a Trevor Lawrence or the DJ kid out of Cali is out. The big DT’s and DB’s are big money kids.
Ok. Don't disagree with logic. So after "win" we get top 10 w/o bags? That's the hitch in the plan I think. Don't think you can be, say in CFB playoffs consistently if don't get after the same level of players as the Bama, Taint, Clem.

Now I do think The U has some built in advantages over those schools, but not enough to level the playing field w/o at least lil something, something on the side too.

Ok. Don't disagree with logic. So after "win" we get top 10 w/o bags? That's the hitch in the plan I think. Don't think you can be, say in CFB playoffs consistently if don't get after the same level of players as the Bama, Taint, Clem.

Now I do think The U has some built in advantages over those schools, but not enough to level the playing field w/o at least lil something, something on the side too.
I totally agree with you. My fault, I didn’t mean win as in win the CFP. I mean 10 wins and a nice bowl. Orange bowl type stuff. I just can’t see how we could compete “with at least a little something” knowing how much the NCAA has a spot light on us most of the time.

Advertisement
The bag money doesn't stop after they get to campus either. There is zero chance those Clemson DLers came back for last year's championship season without a hefty contract extension.

Actually "bags" are probably an anachronism now in terms of recruiting. An insider on another board once said it was a lot easier to drop few grand every week over the course of the year than a big up front sum. And given the games recruits play these days, I think it's safe to say that nearly all of the money and perks start flowing once the kid makes it on campus.
This makes just too much sense. A lot easier slip a few k weekly than trail of lump $250k.

The reality is clear. The results will be that the NCAA and CFB as we know it will cease to exist within 5, 10 years max. Players are gonna get paid legally sooner rather than later.

LOL at the comment section. Someone actually thinking we pay players.....................cough cough.
DDA5EE78-4DDF-415D-B1D7-4EBAA8F9B8B3.jpeg

I totally agree with you. My fault, I didn’t mean win as in win the CFP. I mean 10 wins and a nice bowl. Orange bowl type stuff. I just can’t see how we could compete “with at least a little something” knowing how much the NCAA has a spot light on us most of the time.
Got it. Definitely doable.

You know, I luckily got to experience some of our ships, and now after nearly 2 decades in the desert (LuCane) I have a different perspective.

I was part of the crowd of not wanting to push NCAA too hard cause didn't want to upset the cart, bring out the U bias from the old blue blood schools, etc. We all know that script and unfortunately how it plays out.

Realize now that you can't play chicken **** and expect positive outcome. Tired of being "scared" to do what Everyone who wins CFB does because NCAA may Fuuck us again.

After all we've been through, put up with, kept our mouths shut about what did it get us? Might as well go down swinging next time, can't hurt worse.

Facts

Advertisement
Back