OT: Portal Players Not Allowed Back (VTech)

Justin Fuente is bailing water on a sinking ship. They've had 30 players enter the portal in the past two seasons and this year's recruiting class is a disaster. I have a feeling that by this time next year VT will be looking for a new HC.

seriously? is that accurate? that's more than a third of the entire team.

Advertisement
Honestly when I see ESPN rips.. Im probably going to take the other side.

After a massive exodus of players dtiching the program since he came on -- Fuente decides he's going to counteract that by saying "**** you players...you ****** are my slaves... better stay on the plantation or else i'll ban you!"

That strategy will work great...

They are losing 14 kids plus graduations and early draft declarer's?

What's the tally here... Self imposed death penalty.

VT & UConn both have a big number of players in the portal. Fuente is connected to another job opening (Baylor) but is telling players not to enter portal or they are toast. LOL. This seems discriminatory in that the NCAA approves the portal but he's making up his own rules. And in Randy Edsell's case at UConn where some 24 have entered the portal, he has basically bashed those doing so saying they are troubled athletes, nitwits who have problems, etc. painting them with the same brush and throwing them under the bus.

seriously? is that accurate? that's more than a third of the entire team.

Yep 25% of the kids Fuente has recruited to VT have entered the portal since 2019. This isn't Fuente purging kids recruited by the previous staff. This is a quarter of the kids Fuente recruited saying fock this and bailing just in the past 18 months. Recruits are also starting to see through his bullsh1t. The 2020 recruiting class ranked LAST in the ACC.

Advertisement
It is silly to make such a statement as no matter who enters the coach is stuck with his commitment. In coaching the best rules are those NOT made since every situation is different.

These things need to be handled on a case by case basis. Not every player considering transferring is some type of team cancer who needs to be removed. Fuente’s stance reeks of fake tough guy bravado. Guys shops around for a new job but comes back when he can’t get one but a player tries the same thing and he’s banished? **** that guy
His faqqy hypocrisy is exactly why he has 15 players hopping into the portal every year.

Fúck that hypocrite prick Fuente.

Idk why anybody wants to play for him or that dump in Blacksburg anyway, I hope every player worth their weight in salt jumps ship leaves that ******* left having to play walk-ons.

Can't stand when loser *** Corches try Grad standing to their players on an ego driven power trip. Those kids put their health & well being on the line for a guy that doesn't respect or appreciate them, he's an arrogant jackass & doesn't care about anybody but himself.

Advertisement
Just checked their roster and **** there’s some crazy imbalance there. They have zero junior or senior receivers. Meanwhile they’ve got like 8 running backs not counting incoming recruits. The entire team is made up of sophomores and incoming recruits. It’s not uncommon for a new coach to come in and have some roster turnover but this is what, his fourth season there? Like mentioned earlier, these aren’t Beamer’s kids leaving anymore. These are players he recruited

Advertisement
Back