OT: Portal Players Not Allowed Back (VTech)

If you are exploring your options, you probably aren't also all in mentally or on effort. Schools don't want that kind of guy unless he is ultra talented. And those guys with some exceptions probably aren't in the portal in the first place because they should be getting minutes. I have no problem with that move by Fuente and imagine it will become pretty common so coaches don't have to wait around and wonder about their depth chart.

Advertisement
I can understand and respect this stance. But it's also not easy to take the principled stand when you have holes in your roster.
I probably would have taken Reed back in a heartbeat, and if Hightower wants to come back tomorrow, I'd take him, too.

"Well, if you dont want to be here, you cant stay"

Is this even a legitimate position to take? And coming from a guy that flirted with Baylor just weeks ago..

Fuentes is going to most likely be fired at the end of next season. This is a desperation tactic. If anything, it should push more VT kids into the portal. What kind of example are you setting by making it known you're interested in the Baylor job, and then returning to VT with this bs.

Lol. Well, if they are really really good, let em come back. If not so good take a hike

Advertisement
chreess, most of ours are grad transfers. which is a totally different ballgame and mentality and reasons for leaving. not that same as others who leave. and in most cases, If you aren't gonna play and think you have a better opportunity elsewhere or it just wasn't the fit you thought it would be, then you will transfer and not come back.

Justin Fuente is bailing water on a sinking ship. They've had 30 players enter the portal in the past two seasons and this year's recruiting class is a disaster. I have a feeling that by this time next year VT will be looking for a new HC.
I agree. I still don’t have a problem with this policy. If you want to leave, then leave. But, IMO, the door should slam shut behind you.

Justin Fuente is bailing water on a sinking ship. They've had 30 players enter the portal in the past two seasons and this year's recruiting class is a disaster. I have a feeling that by this time next year VT will be looking for a new HC.
That's a team that has to be well below 85 players.

Advertisement
It's hard to actually keep that policy up when you're only allowed to take 25 kids each class. Fuente has to replace 14 kids... That's over half a full signing class that will just be gone from the roster.

Advertisement
You want to come back, fine. That doesn't mean there's a scholarship for you. They can walk on and earn it the next year.

"Well, if you dont want to be here, you cant stay"

Is this even a legitimate position to take? And coming from a guy that flirted with Baylor just weeks ago..

Fuentes is going to most likely be fired at the end of next season. This is a desperation tactic. If anything, it should push more VT kids into the portal. What kind of example are you setting by making it known you're interested in the Baylor job, and then returning to VT with this bs.

I think it is legit for a guy that's trying to instill some sort of culture. However, it's not legit for a guy who;s getting close to being on the hot seat.

Fuentes makes millions corching it up. If you're going to be exploited and make nothing while your HC and school rake in unholy amounts of money, you should be able to test the free agency waters if you desire. That said, a head coach should have the ability to set his own rules. It's a paradox.

Advertisement
Holy **** UConn has had 24 players enter this off-season?.do they have anyone left ?!

15 kids signed all 3 * no bud foster...

Would you take your GF or wife back if she cheats on you and or flirts with another man and let him grab her @ss in your face?

This should be our mentality.

Reed being let back in sends a horrible message.
Get him, @Canedog !!!

BE4CEA33-3707-4F97-A222-497A1212E86C.jpeg

Advertisement
Back