OT: Portal Players Not Allowed Back (VTech)

26735592.gif

Advertisement
Fuente looks ridiculous considering he was meeting and in negotiations to be Baylor’s next head coach this offseason..
Seriously true. The HC can interview for another job but players are chattel.

Ask the VT AD what his position is on his coaches interviewing for other jobs.

VTech have 14 players in the Portal; Fuente stated those in the Portal will not be welcome back on the team. Do you guys think more coaches will use this type of tactic to keep "some" players from entering the Portal?

**** Tech

Advertisement
Saban let’s players back but we can’t? That’s silly
Satan operates on his own set of rules. We should do what helps us the most. It might slow players from leaving. We have serious problems having enough players and can't seem to get to the 85 allowed. Attrition has been killing us.

These things need to be handled on a case by case basis. Not every player considering transferring is some type of team cancer who needs to be removed. Fuente’s stance reeks of fake tough guy bravado. Guys shops around for a new job but comes back when he can’t get one but a player tries the same thing and he’s banished? **** that guy

Advertisement
Imagine this: a player is thinking of transferring. The first thing that I would imaging happening is that he sits down and has a conversation with his head coach. Depending on how that conversation goes, he either forgets about transferring, or enters the portal. If during that conversation the HC tells the kid that entering the portal says you are committed to leaving, the kid has what he needs to make an informed decision.

I'm sure if any of those guys was good he would let them come back, but it looks good when you announce something like this

Most of you still confuse CFB players as if they are “hardcore fans” of the team they sign with. NO- that’s how “fans” think.

Today- players are thinking about their careers and where their best path is to the NFL paycheck. PERIOD.

It’s a business decision.

If they can’t get a start at their schools, they are trying to transfer where they can be used as a starter to display their talent to the NFL scouts. PERIOD.

Or because they know they don’t “fit in” with the coaches or culture of the current team.

If a kid signs for the portal, but can still be used to help fill gaps at the school - he should be allowed back.

Football is not a ***king dating relationship... it’s a business.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Position id take as a coach why waste time on a player who isn't invested into where he's at.letting kids flip flop is what has gotten us the culture we have now.plus coaches not willing hold players accountable,or disciplining players.even reed said back in 97 butch ran a bunch off.

It makes them consider what they are about to do. I don’t have a problem with it.

i dont have a problem with it. i just have a problem with it coming from fuente who entered the portal himself when he interviewed with baylor

Advertisement
I wish Manny would take this stance. Letting guys like JT4 and Reed back in are part of the reason our culture is so bad

Advertisement
Back